Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

XBL accounted hacked, used to play/buy FIFA stuff

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Happened to me as well. The feckers!

My account is now suspended until this all gets sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

You wont be waiting as long as previous victims it looks like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

I finally got my locale change reversed from Russia back to Ireland today after 4 months waiting (no more deciphering the cyrillic alphabet on my dashboard thankfully).

Still no sign of the 1600 points that got spent when I got hacked though :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,236 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

MayoForSam wrote: »
    I finally got my locale change reversed from Russia back to Ireland today after 4 months waiting (no more deciphering the cyrillic alphabet on my dashboard thankfully).

Still no sign of the 1600 points that got spent when I got hacked though :rolleyes:.

If you're still missing the points give support a call and they'll chase it up.

Meesared wrote: »
    You wont be waiting as long as previous victims it looks like :)

Psychic!

Got my account back last night, extra month of gold and 1800 points. Nice one Microsoft.

• Advertisement

They've speeded up the process a hell of a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 55,446 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Big post from Alex Garden, general manager of XBL on Major Nelson today.
    A good read about what they're doing with regard to the account hijacking.

http://majornelson.com/2012/02/07/a-letter-from-alex-garden-your-security/

Turnaround time on recovering an account is now 3 days apparently.

A new page has been set up to help you to secure your account and gives details on what to do if your account has been hijacked.

http://xbox.com/security

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭gar

Day 43...
    No change
    No info.
    Not a happy camper

Gar

Did you ring again gar?

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Does anyone have any idea how this is happening??

My account was hacked last night. Details in my hotmail account were changed, and my Gamertag was changed. Nothing to do with FIFA though. I got a call off a friend wondering why I was playing some weird games last night. Rang MS this morning and got the account locked for the time being. Had to cancel my credit card too. Absolutely livid....

• Advertisement

The rep I talked to said it had to do with EA being hacked. So I think people associated their GT with their EA account and used the same password. Don't know for definite though.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Did you ring again gar?
    Yeah I called yesterday and they have no further info.
    It has been escalated... Again!
    Sit and wait

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

What number did you ring? I rang 01 2420758 last night. Got on to an Irish helpdesk and was told it'd be 3-5 days and they'll be in touch.

What number did you ring? I rang 01 2420758 last night. Got on to an Irish helpdesk and was told it'd be 3-5 days and they'll be in touch.

Yeah rang that number always.
    I must have a very strange case...
    It's a farce at this stage

if you've a landline its 1800 509186

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Flancrest

How do you know the number so well

Are you some kind of compromiser

Flancrest wrote: »
    How do you know the number so well

Are you some kind of compromiser

Yes vicxas social engineered me to stop my acc being hacked ;-)

Im just that good!

Day 54 and guess what...
    No change. Called and my case has been passed to a supervisor who will ensure this will be sorted in 48 hours!!! I think this will be the 3 third time my case has been escalated.

What a phARSE!

Gar

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

That's actually shockingly bad. I presume you've spoken to the supervisors or someone higher?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

54 days is incredible, i cannot understand how it can take that long!! Don't let the foot off the gas at all, keep the pressure on and eventually they will have to sort it, hopefully sooner rather than later for you gar!!

As an aside, so as not to start a new thread, i recently purchased a 12+2 month sub online and used the code etc, but after reading through this thread and other similiar threads i decided to remove my CC details from my live acount, only to be told my CC is linked to my sub. That in itself seems very strange seeing as i did'nt use it to purchase said sub. As it stands everything is still linked with no way to remove it- guess i'm just able to give you guys a heads up on this.

foxerv1 wrote: »
    54 days is incredible, i cannot understand how it can take that long!! Don't let the foot off the gas at all, keep the pressure on and eventually they will have to sort it, hopefully sooner rather than later for you gar!!

As an aside, so as not to start a new thread, i recently purchased a 12+2 month sub online and used the code etc, but after reading through this thread and other similiar threads i decided to remove my CC details from my live acount, only to be told my CC is linked to my sub. That in itself seems very strange seeing as i did'nt use it to purchase said sub. As it stands everything is still linked with no way to remove it- guess i'm just able to give you guys a heads up on this.
    There is ways to remove it, the agent either didnt know what they were talking about or was being lazy

Meesared wrote: »
    There is ways to remove it, the agent either didnt know what they were talking about or was being lazy

+1 on this, all cards can be removed. Once a non renewing subscription is not linked to a credit card they can be removed.

Call back up and ask for your card to be removed. or even use the xbox.com chat team.

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Latest update:

I get an email to say my account is now back!
    Yeah!!!
    As compensation they have given me 2 x 1 month gold vouchers.
    pretty bad.

On closer inspection of the email I see this:

Our investigation revealed that no purchases were made while your account was out of your control.

WTF?!!

So I call them up and have minor kiniption and get on to supervisor.
    Explain situation AGAIN. Usual apologies.
    I was asked did I want to dispute the investigation findings?!!! No sh!t sherlock.
    So they will open another investigation. This should only take a week.
    I asked if I would be locked out, she said it wont happen from her side but the investigation time might lock me out again.

I am irate at this stage. Kept my cool and didnt swear during the conversation.
    I asked can I have the new referenced number emailed to me. It will be emailed to me when the investigation is completed im told. Trained monkeys. I took down the number myself anyway.

Ill check later this evening if my XBL is working.

I did get a phone call from the person who I was onto last night to tell me the situation was resolved, I brought them up to speed that it wasn't. She said she would try have the credits refunded within 48 hours. In fairness she seems to be only person that knows what they are doing.

Gar

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Do they hack all accounts or only with FIFA for this?

I got hacked last year and it was anal pain to get it sorted back. After that removed all credit card details. I newer use them on psn, nintendo or Xbox live anymore.

Haven't turned Xbox in months. Need to check, who knows maybe its hacked again...

gar wrote: »
    Latest update:

I get an email to say my account is now back!
    Yeah!!!
    As compensation they have given me 2 x 1 month gold vouchers.
    pretty bad.

On closer inspection of the email I see this:

Our investigation revealed that no purchases were made while your account was out of your control.

WTF?!!

So I call them up and have minor kiniption and get on to supervisor.
    Explain situation AGAIN. Usual apologies.
    I was asked did I want to dispute the investigation findings?!!! No sh!t sherlock.
    So they will open another investigation. This should only take a week.
    I asked if I would be locked out, she said it wont happen from her side but the investigation time might lock me out again.

I am irate at this stage. Kept my cool and didnt swear during the conversation.
    I asked can I have the new referenced number emailed to me. It will be emailed to me when the investigation is completed im told. Trained monkeys. I took down the number myself anyway.

Ill check later this evening if my XBL is working.

I did get a phone call from the person who I was onto last night to tell me the situation was resolved, I brought them up to speed that it wasn't. She said she would try have the credits refunded within 48 hours. In fairness she seems to be only person that knows what they are doing.

Gar

Insult to injury, all achievements over last 2 months gone!

FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Rochie IRL

foxerv1 wrote: »

I was told I had a card linked to my live sub. I bought my first live sub through xbox so that is why it was there. You have to phone customer support and what they do is cancel your live sub there and then. You will then recieve an email with the code to submit in the marketplace to reinstate your live sub. It's like they have to delete your account to remove the credit card and then when removed they make it live again but you have to transfer your sub.

gar wrote: »
    Insult to injury, all achievements over last 2 months gone!

FFS

Theres no point screaming at the support agents, they're not the ones doing the investigating.

And everything that was altered during the investigation timeframe is restored back to what it was prior to the investigation.

Were you speaking to an irish rep?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Some w@nk$plash tried getting my account details about 2 hours ago, I got a mail from Origin saying I wanted my password reset, I never requested it of course and worryingly a hotmail address of mine is linked as the second email address to get into my gmail along with my phone number, I know hotmail is vulnerable to a brute attack through IE but thankfully he didnt seem to get in, is there anything I can do to "stay safe" from this?

EA, the only game of yours I own atm is Battlefield, but my mate did play FIFA on my account before, could that be the cause?

Advertisement