Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Back and Bad (Really Bad!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Hope you are feeling better runonewon. think its in the air, the crappy runs but sure at least we are out doing it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Runonewon

26 Jan-
    Back to some level of normality tonight did 4.5 miles at 9:22 pace,very cold but nice for running.Its hard to believe that it's a year since my incident last january,i did not think i would be so far down the recovery road.Life is good!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Runonewon wrote: »
    26 Jan-
    Back to some level of normality tonight did 4.5 miles at 9:22 pace,very cold but nice for running.Its hard to believe that it's a year since my incident last january,i did not think i would be so far down the recovery road.Life is good!

Is it a year from today? Life is good!! +1 to you!

26 Jan-

Big milestone runonewon. You must be very happy with your progress. may life continue to be good to you :)

]Is it a year from today? Life is good!! +1 to you

- it's a year today Dory,I'm still coming to terms with what happened and looking at life with a more relaxed approach

Big milestone runonewon. You must be very happy with your progress. may life continue to be good to you

-Thanks Nules,Mrs Runonewon and i are going out on the town on Sat night to celebrate.May not be running on sunday after a diet coke hangover!!!!!

• Advertisement

]Is it a year from today? Life is good!! +1 to you

- it's a year today Dory,I'm still coming to terms with what happened and looking at life with a more relaxed approach

Big milestone runonewon. You must be very happy with your progress. may life continue to be good to you

-Thanks Nules,Mrs Runonewon and i are going out on the town on Sat night to celebrate.May not be running on sunday after a diet coke hangover!!!!!

Bad choice of colour:D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Well Done Runonewon...you are flying, keep up the good work....

Did my long run yesterday on a day off work.Did 7.14 miles at a steady 9:17 pace,felt really strong and even kept a little in reserve in case i struggled at the end of the run,luckily that did not arise.So my "long" run is finally starting to actually be longish!!!!:)

Feb 6 -
    5.4 miles at 9.01 pace would have gone a little harder had i looked at my watch.Very happy with run.i can't wait for the long evenings as i'm getting fed up running in the dark!!!;);)

Feb 8 -
    6.24 Miles at 8:56 average pace really strong run,the last mile was slow but the pace was good for the first 5.Looking forward to a race soon.

Feb 10-
    5 easy miles no watch.great night to run.

• Advertisement

have you decided on a race?

Feb 8 -
    6.24 Miles at 8:56 average pace really strong run,the last mile was slow but the pace was good for the first 5.Looking forward to a race soon.

Feb 10-
    5 easy miles no watch.great night to run.

Awesome pace for your 6.24 miles!! Hope you find a fun race to run!

Nules10 wrote: »
    have you decided on a race?
    There is an 8K race in Oranmore tomorrow may take a trip over and see where i'm at.

There is an 8K race in Oranmore tomorrow may take a trip over and see where i'm at.

looking at the runs you did this week it will be no bother to you. Very best of luck in it if you decide to do it. I look forward to reading your race report :)

Feb 12 -

Woke early this morning and began to talk myself out of going to the race today.there's a txt on my phone informing me that i will be collected at 10:45,no backing out now.I got my gear together and had a slice of toast and a banana(the breakfast of champions!!),drank a pint of water and started to think about the race.The drive to the race flew by talking about "race tactics"my primary tactic was to finish.Standing at the start i was a little freaked out but once we got going i felt more relaxed.My plan was to ease into the first 2k and then dig in till the last kilometer.I had my watch on miles rather than kilometers so i was ignoring kilometer markers.The hills really gave me a going over,but i was running over a minute faster than planned in spite of them(i hate hills!!!).Once i got over the last big climb i pushed on to the finish and crossed the line of 42:28 i felt i had more to give,but caution today was the better part of valor.What a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Well done Runonewon,
    Big milestone and great result! :)

Runonewon that is just fantastic. Well done. You must be totally chuffed with yourself. Many more races to come. I was thinking about you earlier and wondering if you had done it. Brilliant :)

I just did the math...and you had a fantastic pace going!! Woo hoo! I am so happy for you....and you should feel so good about what you've accomplished. Congrats to you! :)

Feb 15 -
    Oooh,Oow,Uuh my calves are about to go on strike,ventured out for 3 miles this evening.I stretched for nearly as long as i ran.Still on a run-buzz from sunday it's cool being a "runner"again:D:D.Thanks guys for your kind comments it really is appreciated.

Feb 15 -
    Oooh,Oow,Uuh my calves are about to go on strike,ventured out for 3 miles this evening.I stretched for nearly as long as i ran.Still on a run-buzz from sunday it's cool being a "runner"again:D:D.Thanks guys for your kind comments it really is appreciated.

Ohhh sore calves you will have to invest in a foam roller or the stick and maybe a PT session..... actually you may just get the lot now that you are a "real runner" again ;) Go "treat" yourself to a sports massage if the calves don't improve.

• Advertisement

Feb 17-
    Got home early and headed out for a tempo run of 5 miles.I had to stretch for a little longer than usual,but once i got going they loosened out nicely.My goal was to run even paced throughout,.The pace was as follows mile 1-8:43,mile 2-8:48, mile 3-8:40,mile 4-8:46,and last mile 8:35.total time 43:48 for 5 on a flat course not totally even paced but getting there,could not be more happy with that.Calves are on strike again!!!!!!!;)

Feb 20-
    Did 4 miles at 8:41 pace.Put allot of effort into this run and struggled towards the end,still very happy with pace.I am going to try to improve my pace over the next few weeks and plan a race for Paddy's weekend.

Feb 20-
    Did 4 miles at 8:41 pace.Put allot of effort into this run and struggled towards the end,still very happy with pace.I am going to try to improve my pace over the next few weeks and plan a race for Paddy's weekend.

Wow....a St. Paddy's day race. How amazing that would be. :) Go for it! And nice 4 miler! You continue to fly.

Feb 22-
    6 miles at 8:37 pace ran very steady pace all thru ,felt absolutely wrecked after run.Trying to maintain the pace for the last mile was the toughest thing i've done since i returned to training.:D

Feb 24-
    5 miles at 8:45 pace was still tired from last run,Great to be running with some pace in my legs again.

Feb 26-
    Long run this morning 7.5 miles at 8:56 pace,Had to work hard in the second part of run to keep pace under 9:00,just got there.It was so mild this morning really makes it easy to get out .

March 10-
    Back doing a little after a couple of crap weeks,had a few medical issues which have been resolved thankfully.Ran my 2.5 mile trail with a friend at an easy pace,enjoyed it!

March 12-
    3 Miles easy at 9:25 pace here we go again,time to start chipping away the seconds for the next few weeks.

Good to see you back runonewon. Hope you are feeling better.

Sunday 8th April-
    5 miles Recovery at 7:40 pace
    Back logging again between work,travel,kids sports and running i got out of the habit of doing my log so here we go again.Training has been going really well after ropey spell in late Feb early March my training has gone to a different level.i have been training 4/5 times per week one LSR,one tempo,and for the last two weeks a speed-work session on Tuesday are the key parts of the program.this combination has reduced my training pace dramaticly,i'm averaging between 7:30 and 7:45 pace on my long runs and 6:55 on my 7 mile tempo run.I found an old training log/program from my time in the USA in the 1990s and,I've been working off this as a guideline,This simple but exhausting training has helped when running 40.18(6:30 pace) on a tough and windy course in Borrisokane 10k 2 weeks ago.The fear of training and racing hard has left me and i have allowed myself to push on "have a go".I have never enjoyed my running so much.

Saturday 7th April
    14.5 miles at 7.37 pace very controlled run,my longest run since D.C.M. 2012.........cool!

Wowser that's some improvement on your pace runonewon. Great stuff you really are flying along now :)

• Advertisement

Hi There i've been remiss in my training logging recently,I've been racing quite alot and really enjoying it.Since i've logged on last i've ran 6 races 1 5mile and 5 5kms They are as follows
    -The Rock 5 miler in Mountmellick - 32:18 Tough race in very windy conditions
    -Athenry 5k - 19:24
    -Loughrea 5k - 19:00
    -Craughwell 5k - 18:52
    -GCH Dangan 5k - 19:16
    -Tuam 5k - 18:34
    I'm going to try another a 10k on the 16th of june to try and break 40:00 mins.I feel the way my times and training are trending i should be able to Macmillian Race calculator is telling me i will be in around 38 :40 if i run that fast i think i'll retire!!!!:D

Advertisement