Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

College girls selling themselves as prostitutes

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I am indeed.

So far you've called hookers sluts and repeated my opinion back to me.

Earth shattering stuff!

I call the big one bitie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

LighterGuy wrote: »
    Only a Slut would do this. An utter slut.

Now I know the expense of college is mental and what not. But sounds to me like the actions of such a woman who already gave it out to lots now thinks she can make a bit of cash from it. Aka, a slut.

Wow, you really have issues with women.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

Been happening in england for years... its just the way it happens.
    Like being a student is pretty tuff these days and people seem to forget that in a country were there are not a lot of jobs going.. People some times have to do what they can... :/

I know know a mate from bristol who grows weed and depending on the weight of the grow he gets any were from 8 k that pays his fees and while yes it is drug dealing its a means to an end. what ever else he can out to wards money or just keep a couple of ounces to him self to sell to people in college...

Thing is you gotta do what it takes its a risk for a girl working as a prosititure= its a risk to grow 30 plants of mj but again.. When you have no income your parents are strapped and you've got little savings, whats ever it takes!

Funny how the majority of English students seem to get by, considering that most parents don't fund their studies. Student loans are available for everyone. If you'd rather not get into debt, there's always studying abroad (education is free and rent heavily subsidised in many EU countries) or just opting not to go to university. Anyone who claims they 'have to' prostitute themselves, sell drugs or do anything else illegal to go to college is a complete moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

thousands of young Irish women are gaining a foot-hold in the sugar-daddying business, many of them students, who are faced with no alternative but to resort to practical prostitution in order to fund their way through college.

My arse. Not judging prostitution, but the "no alternative" thing is pretty rare these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭chiloutus

Really well I was told under no circumstances Would i receive a grant when i was on the live register for to years and accepted for back to education.

I was told because I didn't have a proof of living in an address because I had not got my name on a utility bill!

o your theroys kinda ****ed. :rolleyes:

We are talking about teenage girls here, not a woman who has been on the dole for a few years, yes hooking in mature students might be an issue, but thats for a different thread,

So yes my theory is in fact, valid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

TIT? lol

Tallaght IT?

I wish they were in Blanch IT. Devastating times

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭teenagedream

IzzyWizzy wrote: »
    Funny how the majority of English students seem to get by, considering that most parents don't fund their studies. Student loans are available for everyone. If you'd rather not get into debt, there's always studying abroad (education is free and rent heavily subsidised in many EU countries) or just opting not to go to university. Anyone who claims they 'have to' prostitute themselves, sell drugs or do anything else illegal to go to college is a complete moron.

Where exactly are these student loans available?

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭chiloutus

Where exactly are these student loans available?

Credit Union.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Yeah and how do you pay of a student loan banking in the region of 40,000 grand + fees ?

thats nearly the price of a house to pay back..... :roll eyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭teenagedream

chiloutus wrote: »
    Credit Union.
    You mean credit unions where it has to be paid back in installments immediately and the amount provided doesn't cover anywhere the amount needed. In England they don't pay back their loans untill they start earning a certain amount.

• Advertisement

chiloutus wrote: »
    Credit Union.

your funny :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

If we're going to describe women going out with rich guys because they're rich as prostitutes we'll have to call a large segment of the general female population prostitutes and throw every gold digger in jail then.

Thread title is a bit misleading in fairness.

most women look for men better off financially or in higher social circles than them , its just the way of the world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Christ. When I went to college it was de rigeur for intelligent hot women to wear horrible clumpy docs and hideous lumberjack shirts.

Now not only have they finally the resolved the ideological paradox of being respected for their minds while wearing skimpy clothes, you mean to tell me some of them are on the game as well?

FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

I knew a 19yr old girl who got a job working for a single man in his mid to late 40s, her job to start with was cleaning and getting minimum wage, next thing she was saying things like he's really good to me gives me extra cash when i need it and doesn't look for it back, then she was going out with the guy and saying she never had to put her hand in her pocket and he was paying for everything the day she was finished at collage and moving out of Dublin she dumped him and told us she never really liked him but he served his purpose both of them knew exactly what they were doing! It definatly does happen but probably not on the scale the article suggests.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

Yeah and how do you pay of a student loan banking in the region of 40,000 grand + fees ?

So how do you think everyone else does it? I'm doing it myself. It's not as if you pay it back all at once. You only start paying it back once you earn over a certain amount, and it's only a small percentage of your paycheck each month. Not ideal, no, but claiming you 'have to' whore yourself out or sell drugs is pathetic.

teenagedream, I'm talking about the UK, where Snow-Monkey's mate 'has to' grow drugs and girls 'have to' become prostitutes......oh wait, that's when they don't want to take out loans like everyone else does. And let's not forget that studying in most of Europe (Sweden, Holland, Germany...) is a very cheap option for Irish and British students alike, but no, prostitution and drug selling is the obvious answer. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Fair play to them... someone has to ride the ugly blokes who can't get their hole.

So how do you think everyone else does it? I'm doing it myself. It's not as if you pay it back all at once. You only start paying it back once you earn over a certain amount, and it's only a small percentage of your paycheck each month. Not ideal, no, but claiming you 'have to' whore yourself out or sell drugs is pathetic.

teenagedream, I'm talking about the UK, where Snow-Monkey's mate 'has to' grow drugs and girls 'have to' become prostitutes......oh wait, that's when they don't want to take out loans like everyone else does. And let's not forget that studying in most of Europe (Sweden, Holland, Germany...) is a very cheap option for Irish and British students alike, but no, prostitution and drug selling is the obvious answer. :rolleyes:

ooo shut up will ya... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I knew someone will catch the reference ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I think it takes a certain type, that can prostitute themselves, some people just can't no matter how tough things get. I don't particularly think there is anything wrong with a person using their body in any way they choose, its their life, their body.

But I don't imagine it would be in any way satisfying work, demeaning I would imagine, so be prepare for the risk of abusing other substances if it is to uncomfortable for a person.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

LighterGuy wrote: »
    Only a Slut would do this. An utter slut.

Now I know the expense of college is mental and what not. But sounds to me like the actions of such a woman who already gave it out to lots now thinks she can make a bit of cash from it. Aka, a slut.

Sluts have sex for their own enjoyment. They don't charge.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i cant believe people are taking this to be serious

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Sluts have sex for their own enjoyment. They don't charge.

and thats why theyre the best kind of women, they dont put a value on sex or use it to get their way, they just enjoy it as was intended.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

After a brief search online I can find no Irish sugents!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

i cant believe people are taking this to be serious

Hmmm........ and you're a mod for not one but TWO college forums.

You get around those college campuses forums dont you?

How exactly can you afford both colleges? I wonder.... hhmmmm........

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

investment wrote: »
    I have only seen this happen a few times around UCD in the past mainly up near halls girls who were mainly from the country, but I've been talking to a few guys who have experienced this around the Pav this year on weeknights from dublin girls

At first I though my mates were deceiving me untill I came across this article
    Perhaps un-coincidentally, as Irish Central recently reported thousands of young Irish women are gaining a foot-hold in the sugar-daddying business, many of them students, who are faced with no alternative but to resort to practical prostitution in order to fund their way through college.
    The considerable surge of young women joining popular sugar-daddying web locales has even caught the interest of the websites' US bosses, with many tying the meteoric rise in subscriptions from Irish customers with the country's economic demise.
    Whether the rise or threatened rise of fees is really forcing Irish students into sugar-daddying or not is debatable, but the fact that it may well be the case is a worrying indication of just how hard any rise in fees is going to be on Irish students.

http://www.irishcentral.com/story/news/danny_boy/irish-students-brace-for-fees-bonanza-as-union-prepares-protest-march-133168508.html

So have you experienced college girls selling themselves as prostitutes around any of the campus lately?

First off you're citing a U.S. based website.
    Secondly, it's mere speculation. There is absolutely no proof given here. It's just sensationalist journalism, and everyone knows that you can spell journalism without jism.

This is just tabloid crap.
    We live in one of the most privileged countries on the planet, but some people seem to think that we're back in the 1840's.

I don't doubt that there are a few women being paid for sex, but I really doubt that it's as rampant as the article implies.

40 grand for a house?
    Christ, I could sell my own and buy 5 at that price.
    Or it that the 1847 price for a ****ing mansion and 40 acres?

Fair play to them... someone has to ride the ugly blokes who can't get their hole.

Indeed, and that brings me to my next point (I know you were taking the piss, but I digress).
    Prostitution should be legal.
    I'd have no problem paying to have my cock sucked by a hooker if it was legal and regulated.

I thought that when we got rid of the hold of the Catholic church that we would lose our prudish nature, but it seems that things have just become worse.
    Sex isn't dirty. It's ****ing awesome, and if a woman is willing to have sex with a fat bastard like me for a couple of hundred quid, then I'm willing to pay her.

I wouldn't do it in the current climate though. Nobody in their right mind wants to have sex with a filthy skag head whore, who is most likely riddled with every VD known to man, and some of the Pamela Anderson ones too.

and thats why theyre the best kind of women, they dont put a value on sex or use it to get their way, they just enjoy it as was intended.

Sex is not intedned to be enjoyed, it's intedned for procreation ONLY!!!

Sex should be performed with no contraception, in the dark, fully clothed and with a priest sat in the corner just in case! Otherwise you're going to hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

Bull****e,
    Every hooker in ireland I've ever come across has been tipping on in the years.

No sexy students there, more 40 yr old Latvians

Bull****e,
    Every hooker in ireland I've ever come across has been tipping on in the years.

No sexy students there, more 40 yr old Latvians

Dude, too much information!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,626 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Mrs Snow Monkey it has been too long.

The same way everyone does: take the licks and when you graduate, get that lovely new high paying job and pay it back.

The only problem with that is students that get into loan debt for Arts degrees or something of that nature. Loans are not meant to be taken lightly by any means but if you're capable and enter a field which you know will net you a job and an income when you leave, it's worth the investment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

Rabble rabble rabble Government rabble rabble rabble

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement