Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Max Payne 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

DarkJager wrote: »
    One thing I'm slightly sketchy on (possibly down to being distracted during a couple of the later scenes) is what exactly Victors motivation was? He killed both of his brothers and destroyed the Fabricas Branco HQ so what was he hoping to gain from it?
    He would get the family fortune, as well as getting elected in the elections, both for the sympathy votes and his tough stance on crime ever since his family were murdered.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭TheTacticsGuy

I'm on the last chapter, will definitely finish it tonight. What a game. Does anyone shoot the **** like Max Payne???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm in the police station after Passos leaves. I loved it, thought Passos was a great character

Love this game so much <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

you could always just.. not finish it. if you're not enjoying it why on earth are you playing it

Cos I payed 40quid for it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Was a fairly dark and unexpected moment when
    Marcelo gets burned alive in the stack of tyres

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Was a fairly dark and unexpected moment when
    Marcelo gets burned alive in the stack of tyres
    that shocked me too, fairly gruesome (his hair was gone seconds after it went alight which was a nice, if horrible touch :D) It was done in The Shield at one stage too, called "necklacing" and is usually just one tire around the neck set alight, not a full stack.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

PC version shipped today! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Aaaahhhh The Shield....my favourite TV show of all time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Aaaahhhh The Shield....my favourite TV show of all time!

+100000 :D wish they'd bring it back, Vic Mackey can't do comedies

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Saw this in GameStop for 34.99 on Friday - Why is Steam nearly 50% extra? This is why digital won't full take off. It's bad enough that it has to contend with our broadband infrastructure but at an increased cost for a virtual item? 'Aving a laugh!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

chrislad wrote: »
    Saw this in GameStop for 34.99 on Friday - Why is Steam nearly 50% extra? This is why digital won't full take off. It's bad enough that it has to contend with our broadband infrastructure but at an increased cost for a virtual item? 'Aving a laugh!

*insert obligatory comment about why digital downloads only serve to help an already struggling games industry, why everyone mostly has lightning fast broadband, & why it will eventually lead to better games

EnterNow wrote: »
    *insert obligatory comment about why digital downloads only serve to help an already struggling games industry, why everyone mostly has lightning fast broadband, & why it will eventually lead to better games

I'm a big advocate of digital downloads and have purchased more games digitally than boxed this year, but I expect them to be price similarly. I don't mind paying the same for a boxed copy as I do for a digital copy as they do the same things, but charging extra for less doesn't seem to make sense.

And while I have fast-ish broadband, it's a bit silly to suggest everyone mostly does, as that is not the case, and in a lot of areas, there's only mobile broadband, whose limits aren't exactly geared towards the size of the downloads that some of these games use up (taking for example, my own one - Max Payne would cost me 110 euro to download on my 20gb mobile broadband that I use for out and about as the game is 25gb)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

EnterNow wrote: »

Saying everyone has "fast broadband" fails to take into account the fact that a hell of a lot of people don't. Step outside any major city and data rates plummet. Even worse, step outside major towns, and you'll enter the glorious world of mobile "broadband", who cap your usage at ~15GB a month.

The digital market will take over eventually, but it won't happen until the next generation of consoles (Xbox 1440 and PS5) before it's anywhere close to happening.

[/angry_rant_from_3_Broadband_User] :P

On console?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Jaysis just realised i live in D22 and nowhere to buy the game on PC...

**** YOU GAME!!!!!!

Town it is on saturday so :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Jaysis just realised i live in D22 and nowhere to buy the game on PC...

**** YOU GAME!!!!!!

Town it is on saturday so :(

HMV in Dundrum ? Not sure what they have pc game wise though :o

Though dublin 22 is Tallaght/clondalkin no? Surely gamestop will have it ?

Nearllly finished I think. Finish it tomorrow, then I'l trade it in for resistance burning skies I reckon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭TheTacticsGuy

Finished it last night. Well done to Rockstar for going a great job. Definitely not trading it in now. Will replay it again and I want to get into the multiplayer. A real action packed campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭M00lers

The PC version is out tomorrow, where is the cheapest place to buy it?

Any of the CD key sites selling it cheap? Would prefer a digital download than a disc.

Cheers,
    Moo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Last night i completed Old School Mode on single player.

Since its the last trophy scrolling down on the difficulty trophies AND its after Hardcore mode on the difficulty list (implying it to be the hardest), i thought i would net the last two trophies.
    :mad:
    No

To get the 'Payne in the ass' trophy you need to play it throught yet again

• Advertisement

The PC version is out tomorrow, where is the cheapest place to buy it?

Any of the CD key sites selling it cheap? Would prefer a digital download than a disc.

Cheers,
    Moo

G2Play have it for €25.
    I've bought a few things but had some issues buying from work, since I have an American IP and I also bought with an Irish one.
    Be careful about that and you should be fine.

G2Play have it for €25.
    I've bought a few things but had some issues buying from work, since I have an American IP and I also bought with an Irish one.
    Be careful about that and you should be fine.

Cheers, I've used them before and had no problems, good price too!

Edit: Showing up as €19.99 for me...even better!

Is that just a CD Key? How do you get the actual game, other than the obvious?

Is that just a CD Key? How do you get the actual game, other than the obvious?

You could borrow a friends copy I suppose! I'll be getting it via the "obvious" way.

Don't see why you couldn't torrent an ISO of the game, seeing as you just bought a license.

Don't see why you couldn't torrent an ISO of the game, seeing as you just bought a license.

Don't have an issue with that, I was simply curious as any digital downloads I've done for PC have been Steam or GOG.

Finished it :D goddamn brilliant game, actually gonna keep it I think ./

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Steam preload appears to be live. Have fun blocking the tubes tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

just finished main story there AMAZING, yeah repetitive to an extent but all max paynes are, i had so much fun playing it started the multi player straight after, and am actually amazed at how good it is :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

The masses ruin it for the few.

It just finished DLing over night but my hopes of G2Play having licences available have been thwarted! They are out of stock..DANGIT!

Advertisement