Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭roosterman71

SantryRed wrote: »
    Screen_shot_2012_03_17_at_140328.png

There yas go lads :D

I'd say ya were dancing around the house after winning that in injury time!!

I remember one time I beat Barcelona in the CL final with Leicester. We were 2-1 down with 15 minutes to go so I unloaded the bench and had 4 playing up front, with 3 in behind. Our keeper made some fantastic saves as they countered at will. In the 89th minute we equalised, and on 94' 37" we scored again (even though there was only supposed to be 4 mins injury time). I jumped up from the table and punched the air, forgetting about the brass light hanging from the ceiling. The joy of winning was slightly tainted by the pain of my fractured finger :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I remember one time I beat Barcelona in the CL final with Leicester. We were 2-1 down with 15 minutes to go so I unloaded the bench and had 4 playing up front, with 3 in behind. Our keeper made some fantastic saves as they countered at will. In the 89th minute we equalised, and on 94' 37" we scored again (even though there was only supposed to be 4 mins injury time). I jumped up from the table and punched the air, forgetting about the brass light hanging from the ceiling. The joy of winning was slightly tainted by the pain of my fractured finger :o

In FM10 I won the Europa League with Kildare County 2-1, I equalised in the 90th minute and won it in the 120th. Posted the screen shot up here at the time. No better feeling :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

SantryRed wrote: »
    In FM10 I won the Europa League with Kildare County 2-1, I equalised in the 90th minute and won it in the 120th. Posted the screen shot up here at the time. No better feeling :D

FM10 legends are Kildare County!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,955 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Started a new game with Man Utd. Got in Fellaini and Hazard, and Thiago on loan. I might have over spent just a tad....

In my game with Barnsley in 2018 United have both Hazard and Fellaini, along with Modric, Yarmolenko (?) and a few others, I have been nurturing regens for the last 2 seasons to launch an attack on the league in my current season and have 56 points after 25 games which most seasons would be there or there about.

The problem? United have played 25 games, won 24 and drawn 1. They've conceded 5 goals in those 25 games and scored 60. I've never seen anything like it...

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭kojack

Got my first XML error tonight ahhhhhhh the rage has come over me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Go to sign Modric, City sign him.

Go to sign Hamsik, Tottenham get him.

fuuu1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

This game can be so frustrating! Playing arsenal in league cup final and they score a fluke goal and we had over 20 shots on goal with no return. It was like watching the match knowing anything i did would not change the result of the match!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,136 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I signed this terrific 18 year old Colombian winger for Sligo Rovers on a free transfer half way through last season. It's now mid june and he has 14 apps, 13 assists and 5 goals with an average rating of 8.05. Got a message saying Leeds were considering an €8.25m move for him in the July window, then in the next game he broke his leg :(.

bedoya.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,811 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

In FM2011, for some reason the "show player attribute changes" button won't stay ticked, it unticks when I move to another screen, anyone had this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

the final is in 2035!! Look at the Man U team - looks like all regens!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Just got back into this with Yeovil Town. No transfer budget to use and f**k all wages either. First three results were a 3-0 win away to Wycombe, 3-0 win away to Brentford in the LC and 0-0 at home to Chesterfield.

I've been playing a 4-1-2-3 formation, fluid/attacking and have signed Pablo Counago on a free transfer. Looking good but early days yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Got Cambridge United to the Championship

Currently in the relegation zone and it's vital I stay up, over three million in TV money for this division

Wage budget of 70k which is a fortune to me, I'm used to operating on a fraction of this, starting in BSP. Still the lowest wage budget in the division.

But I can't sustain that spending, my stadium only holds 8600 and it's sold out every week.

Boardroom is building the brand new City of Cambridge stadium :)
    Will be ready in two years and will hold over 16000

But it's all on finance and I have to pay back over 200k a month. That's not far off my entire wage budget

My goal for the next two years is to survive in the Championship. If I get relegated I'm not far off going bankrupt

Playing Barca tonight in the CL quarter final in my Newcastle save.
    Just won the League Cup with no re loads this time :D

Even though I am top of the league, most good players still wont come to me, presumably cos my reputation is still rubbish cos I havent won the league yet or anything

So Cavanai, Hamsik, hazard etc wont come near me :(

My team for Barca will probably be
    Wilfried upfront (3 million bargain buy)
    Sturridge on the left wing as an inside forward (Free transfer from Chelsea, 15 goals in 20 games)
    Willian as AMC (amazed he signed for me!)
    Nicolas Gaiten on the right wing
    Tiote and Caybe in midfield
    Gabriel Silva LB, Collochini and Steven Taylor CB, Sime Vers RB

Kadlec and Shariqirl on the bench with Christen Ericson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Is there any better feeling then finding a bright young star, getting them to perform and them selling them on?

LeClerq, French CB, I forget his first name
    Signed him on a free and sold to Monaco for three million

Anto Bilic ST, got on a free and sold to Wolves for five and half million

I'm Cambridge United, slogged up the Championship over six years

Now that money may not be a lot to those in big Premiership clubs but it'll finance my team for years to come :D

Well it'll have to, my new stadium is being built and cost twenty eight million in loans. :eek:

Those two players may have saved me from administration, my finance was insecure all year

This is unbelievable - waiting to see if I get sacked
    Just won the league with a record number of points and won the League Cup. Also in the CL final !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!

A consortium led by Felip Ortiz has successfully completed a takeover of Newcastle United, replacing former chairman Mike Ashley.
    Ortiz revealed that the consortium had big plans for Newcastle and there would be changes sooner rather than later at St. James' Park.
    According to The Journal, there is already speculation that Sgt Pepper could be replaced by Luis Enrique as Newcastle manager.

Personal Message from Felip Ortiz

New chairman Felip Ortiz has thanked you for your patience during what has undoubtedly been a stressful time for those involved with the club.
    Ortiz informs you that money has been invested in developing the training ground and youth training facilities and that a further £6.5M has been pumped into the Newcastle coffers.
    Ortiz has added that although it had been his intention to appoint a new manager following the takeover, he will consider letting you keep your job and will inform you of his decision shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Always happens when a new chairman comes in, if you are on course to meet targets you should be kept.

Dempsey wrote: »
    Always happens when a new chairman comes in, if you are on course to meet targets you should be kept.

Target was euro qualification - so should be safe :D

New chairman Felip Ortiz has informed you that you will be allowed to stay on as manager of Newcastle United.
    Ortiz added that he had been impressed by the support for your management at the club and had been persuaded to allow you to remain in charge.

LOL!!

Newcastle are celebrating a magnificent treble after beating Ajax 5 - 0 in the European Champions Cup Final at Amsterdam ArenA.
    Newcastle have won the English Premier Division, English League Cup and European Champions Cup this season.
    The likes of Vaclav Kadlec and David Ospina were key to the English champions' remarkable success this season, with 16 goals from Kadlec in all competitions and a series of superb performances from Ospina.

Really proud!

No re-loads - game must be too easy now!

Didnt even have to sign any super stars

Willian and Doumbia was about as expensive as it got

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

New chairman Felip Ortiz has informed you that you will be allowed to stay on as manager of Newcastle United.
    Ortiz added that he had been impressed by the support for your management at the club and had been persuaded to allow you to remain in charge.

LOL!!

Newcastle are celebrating a magnificent treble after beating Ajax 5 - 0 in the European Champions Cup Final at Amsterdam ArenA.
    Newcastle have won the English Premier Division, English League Cup and European Champions Cup this season.
    The likes of Vaclav Kadlec and David Ospina were key to the English champions' remarkable success this season, with 16 goals from Kadlec in all competitions and a series of superb performances from Ospina.

Really proud!

No re-loads - game must be too easy now!

Didnt even have to sign any super stars

Willian and Doumbia was about as expensive as it got
    Why don't you go for the Chelsea job in the summer? :pac:

And came here to let ye know my Football Manager broke this morning. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Z4L8n.png

Definitely the best result I've ever had in the game...Matt Jarvis is INCREDIBLE

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

Guys does anyone have any tips on tactics?

I've tried a few and set up my own but I can't get them to play possession football (Barca like). I cant get them to play attractive football at all.

Also, my teams tend to do well until the last ten mins when they let a goal in.

I'm spurs by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 14,811 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I've tried a few and set up my own but I can't get them to play possession football (Barca like). I cant get them to play attractive football at all.
    Put the tempo bar all the way down and choose short passing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

ShaneU wrote: »
    Thanks, I'll give that a try!

Another thing, a couple of my players have a habit of just looking at a ball near them and not busting a nut to intercept.

Is this van der vaart being a lazy bollocks or is there something I can change?

ShaneU wrote: »
    Thanks, I'll give that a try!

Another thing, a couple of my players have a habit of just looking at a ball near them and not busting a nut to intercept.

Is this van der vaart being a lazy bollocks or is there something I can change?
    That happens me too. Very annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Notts Forest, got promoted in my first season to the PL, got relegated narrowly in my first year up, automatic promotion again. Bought Carrick on a free and wellington on loan from arsenal, blackstock banging in the goals. Blackstock got me 36 goals in the championship alone last season, including 6 v wigan in one match.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭DermoMIO

howya lads just wondering if anybody can tell me whats up with my game ? started the LOI in 2012 skipped the 2011 season its now march 2013 and the game hasnt kicked in to a new season, is this some bug where if your playing a summer league and start in the 2nd available your only able to play ever 2 years ? cheers

After winning the League, league cup and Euro Cup treble :D
    I now have a 60 million transfer pot for the new season after a managment buy out.

Tempted to start going for your Cavani's etc , but decided to tough it out and further develop the likes of Kadlec, Sturridge, Erickson etc.
    Whats funny\great about Fm2012 is that even though your scouts will tell you that Cavani is much much better than Sturridge who is only rated as a 3 star "good" player, Danny is still banging them in!
    Likewise Coloccini, but he still gets goals and assists

i guess the moral of the tale is you dont need to get the best\most expensive players to win games!

Still cant get Eric Torres to score though - 2 goals in 20??

Certain players are just priced out of the game - Hazard, Leo Damilo, Gotze all 80 odd million

Yeah its pointless going for the best pllayers unless you are real madrid/barcelona and have plenty of cash. Have about 50m a season. It doesnt go very far if you want the best players

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Won the Champions League with United against City. Eden Hazard last minute goal to win 2-1. Won the league by 1 point against Arsenal. City bet me in the FA Cup D:

Gonna start season 2 and start a new one with Ireland. I used the Editor for the first time there. Bit confusing. Figured it out and changed all the LOI and first division teams' facilities to 20.

Operation 'Irish wonder kids' is in full swing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,275 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Only playing my PSG game in 4/5 blocks of games at a time as I've no time to really get into it. Anyway, going through January at the moment and I'm in the top 4, along with Marseilles, Lyon and Rennes all within 2/3 points of one another. Ask my board for a bit of money to help me make the push for the league and my 'oh so rich' board give me a measly £5million :( End up preparing for next season by signing forward Yaya Sanogo and young left back Jerome Roussillon on pre-contracts and also bringing in Gael Kakuta for £3 million.

Had I known top scorer in all comps with 21 goals, Kevin Gameiro would be ruled out for 4 months with a knee injury, I would have tried to sign another striker. Now I'm entering February with Guillaume Hoarau and the on loan Chamakh attack as my two strikers who, combined, have scored a total of 6 goals all season :eek:

1st is now but a pipe dream, and I'll probably get the sack at the end of the season for not delivering the title :(

Advertisement