Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best Pub in Naas???

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Depends on what you want. I usually head to Haydens as you can have a drink and a chat in a decent atmosphere without being drowned out by some idiot DJ playing music too loud (if thats what youre after then head to Graces!). McCormacks, Kavanaghs and Lawlors are all also worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 coolpaddy

Obaraten wrote: »
    Whats the pub like across the road from the courthouse?

MacCormack's is a great spot. It was done up this year and the rear lounge is a great mix of young and old. The smoking area is pretty decent too. I'd say it's well worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Obaraten wrote: »
    Whats the pub like across the road from the courthouse?

If youre referring to the Lamps then its not great! McCormacks is a nice spot and much improved since its been done up.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭ncit9933

Have to say is must be one of the worst town in the country to hear any live bands, spent last bank holiday looking for a pub with music in Naas and the only one that seem to make half an effort is the Lodge....are the rest of them to mean or what's the story?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Scatman John

djimi wrote: »
    Depends on what you want. I usually head to Haydens as you can have a drink and a chat in a decent atmosphere without being drowned out by some idiot DJ playing music too loud (if thats what youre after then head to Graces!). McCormacks, Kavanaghs and Lawlors are all also worth checking out.

I agree that Haydens is a good pub with a good atmosphere. But as for your opinion of Graces, I think that you could not be more wrong. You are in a minority with your taste in music, you like to be different to everybody else aka normal people. I checked out your band and I think that your music is awful. There is a reason why artists such as Rihanna, Taio Cruz, and Eminem to name but a few are number one selling artists all over the world. This is the type of music that you hear in Graces as this is popular music that people want to hear on a night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

HAha! Scatman john strikes with one post..

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭december83

im a naas woman born and bred and unfortunately naas has had the reputation of being a "cold" town for many years and sadly i have to agree. people are just not that friendly, local or not.
    its a bit of an uphill struggle in this town to get chatting to people i reckon, definatley a lot of the pubs are clannish.
    as for my best pub in naas, at the moment its McCormacks, the revamp has much improved the pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

rondeco wrote: »
    HAha! Scatman john strikes with one post..

Strikes what? I can't make head nor tail of it. Looks personal and unhelpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

december83 wrote: »
    im a naas woman born and bred and unfortunately naas has had the reputation of being a "cold" town for many years and sadly i have to agree. people are just not that friendly, local or not.
    its a bit of an uphill struggle in this town to get chatting to people i reckon, definatley a lot of the pubs are clannish.
    as for my best pub in naas, at the moment its McCormacks, the revamp has much improved the pub.

I'm in Naas nearly 23 years and I would agree with you completely. Of course I should have joined a clan by now, but it just never appealed to me. Most pubs are fine if you are with someone, but Naas is not the spot to be alone and trying to make friends. Naas pubs aren't "locals" anymore. They are just cyclical venues in which you have the "clan" and the weekend bender types.

I agree with you about the "new" Macs. Great job done on the place and its really future proofed it. Best of luck to them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement