Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SAS Operating in Ireland (Republic of)

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

Here's the report on the arrest of the SAS in Monaghan. It should be noted that their arrest happened 4 days after the brutal murder of 46-year-old Seamus Ludlow having picked him up as he hitched a lift out of Dundalk and dumped his body near his home.
    Read this Patsy and then explain how you connected the SAS with the murder of Seamus Ludlow.

http://www.seamusludlow.com/

Yet more unsubstansiated propoganda as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

RMD wrote: »
    I don't really see what relevance it holds though to a SAS (seemingly IRA) related thread though.

The book Title is... "Big Boys' Rules: The SAS and the Secret Struggle Against the IRA"

were you on the beer last night :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Funfair wrote: »
    The book Title is... "Big Boys' Rules: The SAS and the Secret Struggle Against the IRA"

were you on the beer last night :confused:

When I googled it first few links are in relation to http://www.bigboyrules.com/, an American book on PMCs in Iraq. No I wasn't on the beer last night, great question though, very intelligent. Considering my post wasn't anyway related to the actual book he was talking about it's clear I was thinking of the wrong book perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

RMD I don't do mind reading..also why come back with the attitude when I was being nice to you..could have went to town on you for that cock up but decided to go easy on ya

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Funfair wrote: »
    RMD I don't do mind reading..also why come back with the attitude when I was being nice to you..could have went to town on you for that cock up but decided to go easy on ya

I'd consider my reply just as nice as your original reply. I don't do mind reading either, so how am I supposed to know what book he's talking about when he didn't give the full title? Anyway let's leave this, it will only go off-topic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭folbotcar

With only six posts, isn't a bit early to be resurrecting an ancient thread so you can start trolling straight away?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

RMD wrote: »
    Supposedly it's a load of biased crap, but that really depends on what side you view it from.

biased crap if you believe plain clothes soldiers shooting people who were unarmed is ok. If you do I'd hope your not in any army :eek:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Dean0088 wrote: »
    Just to clarify on the first guy to reply they wern't exactly invading... Plain clothes SAS guys ... not in full combat gear etc ... :P....
    danbohan wrote: »
    y......
    terrible problems with the old map reading the sas .
    punchdrunk wrote: »
    the boarder isn't a nice big yellow line painted across the country...
    it isn't just the SAS,alot of farmers in the area seem to get lost when it comes to nipping out for cigarettes and petrol ;)
    That pretty much sums it up. Multiple inadvertant crossing by Army foot patrols. However this was not an issue in South Armagh due to the "no-surface transport" regulation in the 1980's-90's.
    As much as i Hate that the border exists there are obvious signs that it does eg Mile/kilometers road sign English/Irish words fair democratic state/unfair gerrymander sectarian majority:D
    Not a lot of road signs among the rollings hill of Cullyhanna, Creggan and Forkhill! And I suspect an Army Surveillance/Intelligence Units in that area knew exactly where they were.

I myself proudly smuggling my bike across the border in 1986.... 8pm at night, Dad dropping my brother and me off on the way back from Keady. Told me to go up a road and turn left at the house with the red door. He drove through the checkpoint, let the Irish customs look into the car, 30 minute he met me in the agreed spot which was south of the border.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

[MOD]MOVED to politics of war.

This thread is ancient. if anyone resurrects it after some of the crap ive had to clean up in it they will recieve infractions or bans. on the other hand if anyone wants to discuss political views, move to politics please this is not the place.

Finally if you wish to discuss operational details or tactics used by the SAS either in Ireland or other countries / domestically, please create a new thread. Anything "politically" motivated about the British or Irish armed forces or any of the terrorist groups involved on either side during the troubles can live elsewhere.[/MOD]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement