Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Building a conservatory, but I'm missing a part. Has anyone ever seen one of these?

• 11-05-2013 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm putting together a second hand conservatory, but I'm missing some of this range of specific parts. Can't find them anywhere, been to a few hardware places, pvc wholesalers and no one seems to have ever seen them.

The roof bars of the conservatory (on which the roof panels sit) bolt into these little aluminium trapezoidal tabs at the edge of the roof. The tabs slide up and down on an aluminium bar that sits on top of the windows.

I think the bolts are a 4 or a 5.

The small 'arms' on some of the tabs aren't strictly necessary on the roof configuration I'm putting up

According to one man-in-a-van I was talking to, this kind of system to secure the roof bars hasn't been used for about a decade. So no big shops even bother to carry them. I don't really know how true that is though.

Heres a few pictures of them next to an inch tape.

wu1YZrsh.jpg

cn2IWBYh.jpg

The side view. (This shows how they slide up and down the bar.)
    mU2cp6jh.jpg

The reverse view.
    svFQBygh.jpg

The bottom view.
    XmsevcMh.jpg

I could probably make do without them, jerry-rig up something, but it would make the whole assembly a lot easier if I knew where to find more of these yokes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

A good fab shop could make them up for you but they wouldn't be cheap. If you're anywhere near Cork there are a few small places that do all sorts of stuff for the pharma plants unfortunately they are well used to charging €€€€€€.
    I've had some luck with custom bike places making up pieces as well.
    I'm sure you've already tried googling the manufacturers name for the parts, sometimes when retailers say you can't get something, it just means that no-ones importing them anymore but they could be all the rage in belgrade.

Advertisement