Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything Else Hip Hop

• 24-12-2011 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

A gossip like thread for anyone who wants to discuss everything relevant to Hip Hop and it artists outside the actual music i.e rappers going to jail, business ventures, record sales, twitter, beefs, Forbes etc etc.

il kick it of with tyler the creator being arrested for vandalism in one of his concerts just after another member of odd future punched the fu*k out of one of there fans :eek:

img-tyler-the-creator-3_165009192402.jpg?w=620

Tyler Releases “Statement” About What Went Down Last Night:
    No he didn’t smash that car windshield above, but after an Odd Future homecoming show last night in Los Angeles, Tyler was taken to jail after being arrested for vandalism of… sound equipment???
    “duding RADICALS, i was on the piano playing the breakdown, only to notice that the music and sound was low, lights went off and that **** wasnt right, i get up, look, and notice that it was two girls hurt from the mosh pits behind them. i grab my mic to tell the crowd to come calm down and inform security because it was none around in the front, but i then find out the sound dude turned everything off. so im on stage while its mosh pits and chaos on stage ( i played live with Trash Talk, and it was a home show so everyone from OF was there wildn) pointing at my mic tell sound dude to turn it up turn it up, hes shaking his head no.i keep doing this for at least 70 seconds until i get fed up and run over to him threw the crowd. i jump on his sound board and say’ nigga turn my ****ing mic up its bitches hurt, let me tell the crowd to calm down, they listen to me’ this nigga goes on saying he doesnt have control his manager said this and that. i keep asking, we go back and forth. i kick the plexi glass and stomp on the cheap ass soundboard, then throw my mike on the floor. go back on stage just in time to throw a couple gifts out to the crowd ( it was the xmas show). someone states ‘ lets get you outta here’. i walk outside to like 20 cops, helicopters, shotguns and some other ****. jail is really cold dude, i had no socks on. im fine tho, bail was alot even tho i didnt hurt anyone, i damaged some ****. and idk why rappers talk about jail like its cool, omg i would go crazy. all i could think about was skating the bowl like 8 hours before haha. i havent looked but the media prolly made it seem more epic than it actually is. but overall, i finally feel black.”

there was a video floating around last week of another member of odd future think he's called mellowhype punching the f*ck out of 1 of his fans, there concerts seem to be mad.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Good idea for a thread man i was thinking of starting like a hip hop news thread just so people didn't have to start a thread every time something happens :)

http://hiphopwired.com/2011/11/29/ice-cube-explores-police-corruption-in-new-film-rampart-video-trailer/

Just came across this it's a new Ice cube film called Rampart, he stars alongside woody harrelson and it's all about the scandals that went on in 90s L.A within the LAPD looks fairly solid in my opinion and i always enjoy watching ice cube on screen.
    set to be released on the 27th of january.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Odd Future gigs are pretty crazy. In fairness, Tyler says that people will listen to him when he tells them to calm down, but the group themselves contribute a lot to the craziness. They antagonise the crowd quite a bit and get everyone riled up.

To be honest, I think Odd Future are very good, but they really are just a group of testosterone-fuelled young fellas that get a bit carried away at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

there was a video floating around last week of another member of odd future think he's called mellowhype punching the f*ck out of 1 of his fans, there concerts seem to be mad.

Ha Mellowhype is a sub-group of OFWGKTA. Hodgy Beats and Left Brain are the two members in it. If it actually was Mellowhype that went after the chap then he didn't stand much of a chance. Two on one isn't exactly fair.

And yes their concerts are pretty mad. The one in The Academy was tame by their standards but it was still a crazy fúcking experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Odd-future doing attention grabbing stupid things instead of making good music as per usual.

I do not see what people like about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

I was going to make a discussion about Kanye throwing out a section of the crowd last week for someone throwing a business card onto the stage.

I lost a serious amount of respect for the man here, and I have been a staunch supporter of him.

I almost went to the show in when it was in Baltimore, and now I see him doing this. Glad I didn't spend my money.

• Advertisement

A business card? What would he do if people started throwing bottles of piss and stuff at him.

If Kanye's gonna go into the business of kicking guys out of his shows then he could take a lesson from Dave Grohl. Here's how to kick someone out of your show and not have the whole crowd boo and heckle you for doing it. First lesson, kick said person out for a legitimate reason, like fighting.

Kanye is such a prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Why is Kanye wearing a dress in that clip?

Staying on a kicking out fans tip...

At least Sluggo gives you your money back. What a gentleman!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Or do it the Sean P way and swing at the fan

Just saw this there now. It's a trailer for Fabolous' new mixtape, There is No Competition 3. Excited to hear this, I loved the second instalment of it.

I've never ever seen a trailer for a mixtape before. Pretty good idea. It must have worked because it already has 125,000 downloads on Datpiff and it was only released today. Si-i-i-i-i-ck numbers.

R.I.P. to the competition.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Something that I found yesterday. If anyone has a Satelite dish that picks up German TV (Astra 19 E), you can get a TV station called ZDR Kulture.
    Yesterday I watched a Yelawolf gig, and a Lupe Fiasco gig in thier entireity with interviews in between. I think earlier in the day there was Cypress Hill and Big Boi shown as well.

I'll be keeping a close eye for any more hip hop gigs that they are televising and post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Good idea for a thread man i was thinking of starting like a hip hop news thread just so people didn't have to start a thread every time something happens :)

Just came across this it's a new Ice cube film called Rampart, he stars alongside woody harrelson and it's all about the scandals that went on in 90s L.A within the LAPD looks fairly solid in my opinion and i always enjoy watching ice cube on screen.
    set to be released on the 27th of january.

this looks good defo must give it a watch when it comes out, cube's films are good he's probably the most successful rapper to crossover into acting imo.

i think there's another friday movie coming soon too i remember reading somewhere a while ago thats it due to start production soon which would be class!

also heard a rumor that cube turned down the role to play as lucky in poetic justice too, not sure if its true though.:)
    I was going to make a discussion about Kanye throwing out a section of the crowd last week for someone throwing a business card onto the stage.

I lost a serious amount of respect for the man here, and I have been a staunch supporter of him.

i cant believe this fella most of the time, he is just way to cocky and arrogant. Did you hear him we risk our lives up here lol you aint tupac kanye you have beef with southpark at most.

that shouldn't of been allowed though who the f*ck does he think he is...you can really understand why most people think this man is a clown comes across as a right wanke* imo.

btw what is he wearing? looks like some sort of kings's robe all he's missing is a crown on his head, suits his king sized ego anyway.

on fabolous not really into his new stuff he's very repetitive imo, find him the last couple of years very hard to listen to. Loso's way was a disaster of an album for me.
    Something that I found yesterday. If anyone has a Satelite dish that picks up German TV (Astra 19 E), you can get a TV station called ZDR Kulture.
    Yesterday I watched a Yelawolf gig, and a Lupe Fiasco gig in thier entireity with interviews in between. I think earlier in the day there was Cypress Hill and Big Boi shown as well.

I'll be keeping a close eye for any more hip hop gigs that they are televising and post here.

can you pick up that channel using a sky dig satelite dish?

yeah i definitely agree with you that cube is the best rapper/actor and 50 has to be the worst in my opinion.

New friday film? Can not wait if this is true.

Ice Cubes acting has surpassed his rapping in terms of success, easily the best rapper-turned-actor next to DMX.

New friday film? Can not wait if this is true.

Ice Cubes acting has surpassed his rapping in terms of success, easily the best rapper-turned-actor next to DMX.

ye just looked on wiki too and according to them its due 2012 too and a quick search on google and i got this, chris tucker to star aswell according to this and a few other sites.

http://www.bet.com/news/celebrities/2011/11/17/ice-cube-in-talks-for-new-friday-film.html

id put cube ahead of X when it comes to acting, i think his track record is a bit better he's been involved in a fair few classics. Thats not to say dmx isnt a great actor because we all know he is but cube does it all act, writes and produces films.
    yeah i definitely agree with you that cube is the best rapper/actor and 50 has to be the worst in my opinion.

on 50 in regards to acting id agree, i taught he was good in get rich and righteous kill with Al Pacino and De Niro other than what iv seen is pretty bad from him.

but he seems to be in for the long run he just started his own movie company called cheetah vision and he has started to write and produce films like ice cube, he was quoted in an interview last year stating how he looks up to ice cube in how he has successfully crossed over into acting. You never know he could improve but at the moment he is average to rubbish in his films to be honest.

Also Will smith has to be in with a mention!! more actor than rapper but he still started out as a rapper and has an all time classic to his name in "summer time" and has films are class.

Will smith is in my top 5 actors along with the likes of De niro who is my all time favorite.

ye just looked on wiki too and according to them its due 2012 too and a quick search on google and i got this, chris tucker to star aswell according to this and a few other sites.

http://www.bet.com/news/celebrities/2011/11/17/ice-cube-in-talks-for-new-friday-film.html

id put cube ahead of X when it comes to acting, i think his track record is a bit better he's been involved in a fair few classics. Thats not to say dmx isnt a great actor because we all know he is but cube does it all act, writes and produces films.

on 50 in regards to acting id agree, i taught he was good in get rich and righteous kill with Al Pacino and De Niro other than what iv seen is pretty bad from him.

but he seems to be in for the long run he just started his own movie company called cheetah vision and he has started to write and produce films like ice cube, he was quoted in an interview last year stating how he looks up to ice cube in how he has successfully crossed over into acting. You never know he could improve but at the moment he is average to rubbish in his films to be honest.

Also Will smith has to be in with a mention!! more actor than rapper but he still started out as a rapper and has an all time classic to his name in "summer time" and has films are class.

Will smith is in my top 5 actors along with the likes of De niro who is my all time favorite.

Will Smith is a legit great actor.

True will smith might even rank higher than Ice Cube, I just do not think of him as a rapper but he was and even still is the odd time.

I wish DMX would stop messing around and release more music and films.

I did not know Ice Cube directed and wrote, but i suppose it makes sense as he basically carried NWA for years and seems to be good at everything.

50 cent was like Eminem or even snoop he was decent at playing himself, I doubt it would translate well as a general actor who could play other roles as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,365 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Here's another movie, this one from eminem, its a boxing movie but its still got a rapper in it:D

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1672939/eminem-southpaw.jhtml

no release date yet, but production starts early 2012

can you pick up that channel using a sky dig satelite dish?

Dont think so, you'd need to change the direction of the dish.

I wish DMX would stop messing around and release more music and films.

there was huge talk up to a few months ago about dmx's return he released a few new songs which were class, i felt sorry for X and how everything just came crashing down.. I know there's a few fans of his lurking around here on this forum.

the last i heard he turned down a move to MMG because he thinks Ross is involved with the illuminati (vintage X):D

http://smokingsection.uproxx.com/TSS/2011/06/dmx-leery-of-signing-with-rick-ross-because-of-illuminati

i think this is his new single, its not getting promoted good at all... I think dmx is independent atm.

one things for sure, he tore the house down at the BET awards recently, loved that performance. Its gone of youtube though BET are pr*ck for doing that and you cant view BET videos over here on their site!!.
    50 cent was like Eminem or even snoop he was decent at playing himself, I doubt it would translate well as a general actor who could play other roles as well.

good point, I didnt really think snoop was great either.
    Here's another movie, this one from eminem, its a boxing movie but its still got a rapper in it

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/167...southpaw.jhtml

no release date yet, but production starts early 2012

ye heard something about this a while ago, I like a good boxing film, the fighter was the best i saw in a long time really liked that hopefully this can be as good.

• Advertisement

I know there's a few fans of his lurking around here on this forum.

I'd be one of them, loved X for years and i slowly lost interest in him but i've been listening to it's dark and hell is hot for the past while and it's just a class album.

I'd be one of them, loved X for years and i slowly lost interest in him but i've been listening to it's dark and hell is hot for the past while and it's just a class album.

Me too, as for not singing with MMG (no idea who they are) but if it has Rick Ross involved I am glad he did not sign with them.

He has made enough great music and films that I hope he gets his act together not to mention for himself and his family too.

great album that is, i dont know if X can make a successful comeback tbh but the signs are good the last few months.. there was talk of the whole ruff ryders re-uniting tbh i think it would be good for all of them.
    Me too, as for not singing with MMG (no idea who they are) but if it has Rick Ross involved I am glad he did not sign with them.

He has made enough great music and films that I hope he gets his act together not to mention for himself and his family too.

MMG is rick ross's own music label, he has a fairly good roster at the moment in fairness with the likes of Wale and meek mill but its not the place for X id agree with you there.

I think X needs that 1 banger to put him on the map again tbh.

Dmx performed at some random party in new york on christmas day and he told his fans to expect a new album "undisputed" on the 26th of march. Hopefully this means X will make a relatively successful comeback.

http://www.rapbasement.com/dmx/122911-dmx-release-date-for-undisputed.html

The video and a bit more info is in that link.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

will smith is a rapper, deserves credit.
    if were talking best rapper turned actor will smith wins. hands down.

Dmx performed at some random party in new york on christmas day and he told his fans to expect a new album "undisputed" on the 26th of march. Hopefully this means X will make a relatively successful comeback.

http://www.rapbasement.com/dmx/122911-dmx-release-date-for-undisputed.html

The video and a bit more info is in that link.:)

hopefully man, really hoping he comes with something special.
    will smith is a rapper, deserves credit.
    if were talking best rapper turned actor will smith wins. hands down.
    +1 on that

looks like we are going to see 50's sk drink on our shelves soon, he just done a distribution deal with pepsi.

50cent.PNG
    The soft drink giant distributes products to nearly 200 countries around the globe, giving Street King the ability to grow it's market share exponentially in a very short amount of time.

The deal will also help 50 reach his goal of feeding a billion people in need at a much faster rate. When one bottle of SK is purchased a meal is provided for a child through the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP). To date 3.5 million meals have been funded through WFP.

For more information on Street King please visit the official website at www.StreetKing.com.

Also don't forget to LIKE the Street King Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/StreetKing. One like equals one meal for someone in need.

as much as i dont like waynes music, this is a nice touch to intoduce X as a qoute
    a fuc*kin legend

i think the comeback is truly on after this and from this!
    DMX is getting ready to bless fans with his first full disc of new music in six years when he releases his new album, Undisputed, March 27 via United Music & Media Group.

The album will see Dark Man X reunited with Swizz Beatz, who has produced some of X's biggest hits including "Ruff Ryders' Anthem," "Party Up," and "Get It On the Floor."

Additional production will come from Deezle, the beatmaker responsible for crafting the mega hit "Lollipop" for Lil Wayne.

Announced features on the upcoming disc include Jennifer Hudson, Busta Rhymes and Tyrese according to the press release from United Music & Media Group.

The album's first single, “Already,” will be released within the next several weeks according to Rap-Up.

This video was just uploaded today and X put it up on his facebook page.

• Advertisement

This video was just uploaded today and X put it up on his facebook page.

nice, the return of the double R liking this mate.

Advertisement