Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

Absense of long and larsson is bad news for the overs backers. Due to defensive absenses with both wigan and sunderland i was tempted with the overs but couldnt pull the trigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

magherakid wrote: »
    Spearing 9/4 betfair

took the 3.15 cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

Did the following in Bambury's:
    Man City v Liverpool draw (5/2)
    Wigan v Sunderland draw (9/4)
    Tottenham v WBA - Tottenham HT/FT (10/11)

Treble of €8 returns €173

Good feeling.

There goes that bet anyway. Hell roast Spurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

City -1 12/5

Looking good 2-0

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

Looking good 2-0
    take it the live thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,833 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Gone for Real Madrid -2 @ 1/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Headshot wrote: »
    Gone for Real Madrid -2 @ 1/1

You got the Line ups?

Radonman wrote: »
    You got the Line ups?

book mark this site

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/scores?league=all&cc=5739

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Doing a very muggish accumulator tonight as I am broke and just want to have an interest in the games :P

Man City
    Tottenham
    Bristol City
    Benfica
    and Sporting Braga

All to win.

Stake: 5 euro
    Returns: 61.25

Good luck lads

Took this bet in the end without Benfica. (Wouldnt really matter anyway as they are 1-0 up at half time)

Anyway..

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

I'm really tempted by under 2.5 goals in the Spurs v WBA game @ 2.15, WBA defended really well against Man City and the last time Spurs played against a defensive team at home they won 1-0 (vs Sunderland).

Get in! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Just done this bet.

QPR/Norwich Both to score 4/6 (Vast majority of Norwich games cover this)

Peterborough/Birmingham Both to score 4/6 (Peterborough rarely keep clean sheets, nearly always score)

Fulham/Arsenal Both to score 8/11 (Arsenal 1 away clean sheet since the opening day, no Vermaelen)

Spurs to score 2 or 3 goals evens (Fancy Spurs to win comfortably but WBA should be solid enough to avoid losing 4 goals)

F*ck sake Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

jkelly85 wrote: »
    City to win @ 10/11 with Lads

there home record over 2011 is very very good only droped 2 points all year in the league

also think there might be goals in the game so going with the Quatro bet with lads
    which is man city to win with 3 or more goals in the match @ 11/5

Great nights work

going to keep a eye on these Quatro bets with Ladbrokes

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

keane2097 wrote: »
    Just back City pre-match and in-running IMO.

EZ game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Anyone calling Wellington v Sydney?

Newcastle v Man utd

Gutierrez is 10/3 to be booked. Im really liking this bet. He is very dodgy in the back

He got sent off in the last meeting between the 2 and he'll be up against Nani (surely) and with utd losing the last match and needing to win this, I think utd will be really up for this big time and that will tough going for Gutierrez

Also Webb is the ref

• Registered Users Posts: 11,974 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Voltwad wrote: »
    Anyone calling Wellington v Sydney?
    Gone with Wellington, very good recent home form, have them with Melbourne Heart and Central Coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,974 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Newcastle v Man utd

Gutierrez is 10/3 to be booked. Im really liking this bet. He is very dodgy in the back

He got sent off in the last meeting between the 2 and he'll be up against Nani (surely) and with utd losing the last match and needing to win this, I think utd will be really up for this big time and that will tough going for Gutierrez

Also Webb is the ref
    You do realise hes a left midfielder and not a full back? 10/3 isnt bad though, he has 3 yellows this season.

Hes actually 7/2 on skybet, just took it, good value.

You do realise hes a left midfielder and not a full back? 10/3 isnt bad though, he has 3 yellows this season.

Hes actually 7/2 on skybet, just took it, good value.
    Yes i know that but plays in the back a bit, he tracks a back alot too

We'll probably see raf and nani on that side of the wing and if so ill be all over that bet

Just have to wait for team lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Unders 2.5 goals @ 10/11 in the Everton/Bolton game tomorrow looks terrific value

dammit the Mersin game has been removed from Bwin, why did I not place the bet this morning?! :mad::mad:

Rumors going around the game was fixed

It would put ya off going near Turkish games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Rumors going around the game was fixed

It would put ya off going near Turkish games

That's been said about a few of their games now, wonder were they ever caught?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,962 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Sivasspor (11th) –v- Karabukspor (16th)
    The last two meetings between these two resulted in Karabukspor winning both of those were at home though. Karabukspor bad position is due to their shocking away form this season, 0 Wins, 1 Draw , 8 Losses . While Sivasspor are 8 games since a home lost. Luton Shelton and Nordin Amrabat are missing for Karabukspor, both regarded as important players.

Galatasaray (1st) –v- Istanbul (9th)
    Galatasaray are on a serious run of form, 6 wins in a row. While their home record is fairly impressive with 6 Wins, 1 Draw and 1 Loss. While Istanbul haven’t won in 5 matches, their away record isn’t the best with 3 Wins, 1 Draw and 5 Losses.

Mersin Idman Yurdu (6th) –v- Ankaragucu (18th)
    The home team here won the first game between these two in September 2-1 and look to beat them again. Ankaragucu have yet to win on the road this season with 2 Draws and 7 Losses. The away side can’t see to keep the ball out of their net, having conceded 2+ goals in 12 out of their 17 matches, and only have 2 clean sheets all season. They haven’t won in 6 and haven’t scored in 4.

Someone also noted over on the BettingAdvice.com forum that the away side will be fielding mainly B team players, didn’t say why but presume it’s due to injuries. EDIT: 6 players missing for them.

AEK Athens (3rd) –v- Doxa Dramas (16th)
    Doxa Dramas are one of the teams to be promoted mid season over in Greece (hence only have played 8 games compared to AEK 14), but in 8 games they’ve they managed to only notch up 1 point, scoring only 1 goal on the road while conceding 11. On contrast, AEK have won an impressive home record this season, 6 Wins, 1 Draw, 0 Losses and only conceding 3 times in 7 matches at home.

All 4 home sides should win while the -1 handicap looks nailed on in all these matches, all 4 teams should be able to keep clean sheets.

Man City look good for the win, as they look to keep their 100% home record, averaging over 3 goals a game at home. Although Liverpool have notched up 16 out of 27 points on the road this season.

Spurs look likely to beat West Brom.

Don't think it was a bad start for my first attempt at trying to do proper write ups aside from LoI.

Sivasspor won, covered the -1 and kept a clean sheet.

Galatasaray won, covered the -1 but conceded a goal.

Mersin lost.:(

AEK Athens must be donkeys, 0-0.

Man City won.

Spurs won.

Might have a couple of picks for tomorrow once I get some college study done.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

From whats being said, Mersin were always gonna lose, they gifted the opposition at any oppurtunity, 3rd goal was a keeper blunder

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Going with this double of Both Teams To Score in these 2 matches

Wellington Phoenix v Sydney FC
    Melbourne Heart v Adelaide United

Would be a nice start to the day if i wake up and the bet has won :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Waited a long time for Milan to get back playing and by the looks of recent premiership results it's probably a good thing I've given the betting a miss for the last while! :P

Friendly : Milan vs PSG
    Milan to score 2 or more goals @ Evens is a big bet for me tomorrow.

Many people say never bet on friendlies but this one is different. There's a bit of tension between the two clubs at the minute and Milan will want a win as they head back for serie a action at the weekend, whereas Ancelotti will want a win against his former club.

Provided they line out with a strong team as I expect them to, and with all attacking players likely to get a run, and all of them (especially pato, boateng and robinho) looking to prove their worth with the imminent arrival of tevez, I feel they can score two goals comfortably.

Will post my bet when I see the line ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Waited a long time for Milan to get back playing and by the looks of recent premiership results it's probably a good thing I've given the betting a miss for the last while! :P

Friendly : Milan vs PSG
    Milan to score 2 or more goals @ Evens is a big bet for me tomorrow.

Many people say never bet on friendlies but this one is different. There's a bit of tension between the two clubs at the minute and Milan will want a win as they head back for serie a action at the weekend, whereas Ancelotti will want a win against his former club.

Provided they line out with a strong team as I expect them to, and with all attacking players likely to get a run, and all of them (especially pato, boateng and robinho) looking to prove their worth with the imminent arrival of tevez, I feel they can score two goals comfortably.

Will post my bet when I see the line ups.

Where do you see that bet?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,962 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Melbourne Heart (2nd) -v- Adelaide Utd (9th)
    Melbourne host Adelaide in what should be a straight forward match, Melbourne are currently on a 5 game winning streak, while their home form is 3 Wins, 1 Draw and 1 Loss, while Adelaide have yet to win away from home in their 5 away fixtures this season. Adelaide like to concede with only 3 clean sheets in 13 matches this season, while on the road in their 5 matches they've conceded 12 times while only netting one goal on average away from home in their 5 matches.

Melbourne win, -1 should be worth a punt.

Central Coast Mariners (1st) -v- Melbourne Victory (6th)
    The home team are unbeaten in their 6 home games this season, with 3 Wins and 3 Draws, while the away side have only managed 1 Win, 1 Draw and 4 Losses on the road this season and their one away win being 4 away games previous. The home side are 10 games since a loss, while they've only conceded 3 goals at home in 6 matches.

Central Coast Mariners win, like above they should cover the -1.

Genclerbirligi (5th) -v- Samsunspor
    No away wins for Samsunspor with only 2 points on the road out of a possible 27 so far, they haven't won in 5 games. While the home side have won their last 4, with a home record of 6 Wins, 2 Draws and 1 Loss. The goal records for both is interesting too, home side have scored 18 at home and only conceded 6 at home, while the away side have only scored 3 while conceding 13 away.

Genclerbirligi win

Olympiacos (1st) -v- Atromitos (4th)
    No home losses this season for Olympiacos, winning 5 and drawing 2. Contrast that to Atromitos one win away from home. Olympiacos score at home for fun, with 17 goals in 7 matches and they haven't conceded a goal in their last 5 matches. 5 game win streak Olympiacos should have enough for the win.

Olympiacos win

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Just found out Landon Donovan has joined Everton, if he starts tonight, him to score anytime @ 2.70 looks good, Bolton concede in every game.

Also, under 2.5 in the Newcastle v Man Utd game @ 1.83 is tempting IF De Gea doesn't start, if he does I think I'll go with Demba Ba anytime @ 2.80

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Anyone know of a good website to work out average corners per game ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

shocksy wrote: »
    Going with this double of Both Teams To Score in these 2 matches

Wellington Phoenix v Sydney FC
    Melbourne Heart v Adelaide United

Would be a nice start to the day if i wake up and the bet has won :pac:

Lovely stuff, get innnn :pac: was never in doubt.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement