Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

F1 Last Man Standing Game!

• 13-03-2014 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

I'm starting a separate thread for lastmanracing.com so as not to be always posting about it in the general discussion thread!

How the game works is you pick a winning team-mate from one team each race weekend. But it must be a driver from a different team for each race! If the driver you choose finishes ahead of their team-mate you advance to the next round. Lose and you’re out of the game!

So far 13 people have joined the Boards.ie private game. The deadline for entering is 1 hour before the start of the race in Australia.

I've created the following tournament:

Tournament Name: Boards.ie
    Tournament Participation Code: 7232

Anyone else who wants to join go to the Private Games on lastmanracing.com, search for Boards.ie and enter the 4 digit code! Then all you have to do is make a driver selection for Australia!

A new Boards.ie game won't start until this one has concluded but you can always join the Global Games, with a new game being created prior to each Grand Prix weekend!

If you have any questions about it please let me know and I hope everyone enjoys it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Bugatti

17 people in total signed up to the Boards.ie Private Game!

The following drivers were selected:
    Bianchi, Hamiltom, Alonso, Rosberg, Button, Sutil, Vettel, Massa, Grosjean, Hulkenburg, Vergne, Perez

17 people started, 9 are standing after the Australian Grand Prix! I wont reveal who picked what drivers so I'll leave it up to you guys whether or not you want to reveal who you picked/how you got on this weekend!

Myself, I picked Bianchi....so I was quite literally beaten at my own game!!

Also just to note that since Ricciardo was disqualified, anyone who picked Vettel in the game will advance to the next round.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

I went for Hamilton, fully expecting after Saturday that I'd be out but here I am still in it.

Brian, I'm guessing you meant to say Rosberg???

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

Bugatti wrote: »
    Brian, I'm guessing you meant to say Rosberg???

Ah yeah what I meant to say was "I went for Hamilton to lose" but I forgot to say to lose. That'll teach me to post from my phone.

Hey everyone, just giving an update on the Boards Last Man Racing game. If you are one of the 9 who survived round 1, remember to choose your driver for this weekends race! If you don't make a selection you will automatically be assigned the first driver you have not selected, in alphabetical order.

The Boards game is closed but if anyone who isn't still involved in it would like to play F1 Last Man Standing, you can join the new public game at the following link: http://www.lastmanracing.com/?_module=page&_view=globalgamepage&id=global-games

Good Luck this weekend everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

I went for Grosjean in Australia.

Not sure about my choice this week, so I'll wait and see before I say anything.

We're down to 6 now. Another 3 people fell at the Malaysian GP! As usual I'll leave it up to you guys to say if still standing or not! And if you did survive, dont forget to choose your driver for this weekends race!

There's also a new public game which anyone can join at the following link: http://www.lastmanracing.com/?_module=page&_view=globalgamepage&id=global-games

2 people (PopePalpatine and brianktc) remaining in the Boards LastManRacing game! Don't forget to pick a driver for tomorrow's race guys! We could have a Last Man Standing this weekend! If so a new Boards tournament will start after that which everyone can enter.

Also anyone playing one of the public games, make your selection or you'll be assigned the first driver you haven't picked, in alphabetical order.

And as always, there's also a new public game which anyone can join, just go to Global Games on LastManRacing http://www.lastmanracing.com/?_module=page&_view=globalgamepage&id=global-games

Hey Everyone...an update on the Boards.ie LastManRacing tournament! The game has now concluded and the last man standing was brianktc! So the good news is that a new game has now started which is open for anyone to join.

Tournament Participation Code: 3996

Anyone who wants to join go to the Private Games on lastmanracing.com, search for Boards.ie and enter the 4 digit code! Then all you have to do is make a driver selection for Spain!

We had 17 people involved in the first game so hopefully we can get a few more this time!

Also I'll try to arrange a small prize or something for the next game.....if a possible trip to Monaco goes ahead and I pick up some memorabilia there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Entered :-)

• Advertisement

9 people signed up so far to play! Anyone else interested? The deadline for entering is 30 minutes before the start of the race tomorrow.

Tournament Participation Code: 3996

Anyone who wants to join can go to the Private Games on lastmanracing.com, search for "Boards.ie" and enter the 4 digit code! Then all you have to do is make a driver selection for the GP!

Looks like my selection of Alonso just about got me through...!

Zcott wrote: »
    Looks like my selection of Alonso just about got me through...!

Same as me!

All 9 of us made it through to round 2. 6 people selected Alonso and 1 selection each for Button, Grojean and Bainchi.

If you are one of the 9 who made it past round 1 of the Boards last man standing game, dont forget to choose your driver for the Monaco GP! If you don't make a selection you will automatically be assigned the first driver you have not selected, in alphabetical order.

Also anyone can join the new public game at the following link: http://www.lastmanracing.com/?_module=page&_view=globalgamepage&id=global-games

Results are in for Monaco and actually surprisingly enough for the second round in a row all 9 participants of the Boards.ie game have made it through to the next round!

3 people selected Bianchi (I was one of those!)
    1 person selected Button
    1 person selected Grojean
    1 person selected Vergne
    1 person selected Hulkenberg
    1 person selected Alonso
    1 person selected Massa

Another race, another round of LastManRacing! Again at the last race all 9 people in the Boards game selected correctly. Can this happen again today?! Dont forget to choose your driver before the start of the GP today! If you don't make a selection you will automatically be assigned the first driver you have not selected, in alphabetical order.

As always there also a new global game that's open to anyone to join before the deadline at 6.30pm this evening.

Picked Hamilton :-(

Hard luck! 3 others along with you were knocked out so we've got 5 people standing in the game!

5 people remaining....remember to pick a driver for the race tomorrow!

Everyone survived Austria so 5 people still standing going into Round 5 of the Boards.ie game

Im going for Button tomorrow! Remember to make a selection or you'll automatically be assigned the first driver you have not selected, in alphabetical order. Good luck guys!

• Advertisement

Zcott, I see you are still standing in the Boards.ie game! Checked the records and for that race (Canada) you had selected Bottas and not Hamilton!

Not sure how I managed that...but hooray!

Down to 3 now...Zcott, PopePalpatine and myself are still standing.

Drivers selected today were Button (x2), Ericsson (x2) and Grojean.

And I'm out!

So we're down to final 2, Zcott vs. PopePalpatine to be the F1 Last Man Standing!

Drivers selected today were Ericsson, Rosberg and Bottas

Ye'd all have been mad not to pick Rosberg for that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,841 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Holy crap, I totally forgot about this last weekend. :o

Selection made...it's me vs you, PopePalatine!

And I'm out. Picked Vettel.

And we have a winner! Hard luck Zcott, the Last Man Standing is PopePalpatine who went with Button today. Well done!

Cheers everyone who took part. I'll start a new game to begin with the Belgium GP if ye are interested in playing again!

• Advertisement
Advertisement