Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GTA V Gameplay Discussion ***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭steve_r

I've no memory of doing the GTA V flight school but I do remember doing that mission and Trevor saying "you should have got the lessons!" Whether I did or not after that I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

It depends on what option to take for that Heist so if you picked the one with the flying lessons then you'll have to do them to move forward

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

I've been playing this game for a few months now and to be honest i still love it.There's such depth to the environment from the hills of vinewood, the slums of Davis and the rural towns like Sandy Shores and Grapeseed.The choice of radio stations could have been better and it's disappointing that you can't enter the Burger Shot or the Clucking Bell unlike previous games.I also wish that the stores that you can rob were put on the map.The taxi missions are brilliant though.I still think that San Andreas was the best GTA game but GTA 5 is a huge improvement on the awful and lifeless GTA 4.Those sticky bombs are class!:pac:

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

I have a fair amount of mileage covered in this car at this stage.:pac:

Kkkyxyf.jpg

How do i give people the middle finger when im driving!It say's that you can do that on the GTA 5 wikia page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭robvondoom

Hit fire with no weapon selected, works best on bikes and convertibles

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Imagine new DLC with a crime boss rampaging about the place after returning from holidays, annoyed at Trevor/Michael/Franklin for messing up a deal or something or killing an associate, he wants to kill you, you agree to meet him and it turns out to be your Online character

yeahhhhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SPOILER TAGS PLEASE!!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

marcbrophy wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SPOILER TAGS PLEASE!!! :P

Check the thread title!

Mc Love wrote: »
    Check the thread title!

I thought it was obvious that I was joking! Sorry :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

they should bring back cops and crooks

Does anyone else like going down to Grove Street to troll the ballas.:pac:

Troll them?
    More like they troll me! I try to avoid them :pac:

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Troll them?
    More like they troll me! I try to avoid them :pac:

I love how the give you a few warnings first.Then one of them starts coming towards you with the arms in the air, you want a piece of me routine!I just love the way they recreated the atmosphere of the ghetto.A GTA game set in an Irish city GTA Cork Limerick Dublin etc would be gas.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I go to Grove Street wearing my Grove Street Greens

I decided to call the cops and tried to start a shootout between them, failed a few times, will try more

• Registered Users Posts: 25,057 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Just got a tip for the stock markets in SP. Buy Whiz shares now (0.09c per share). They should be back up around 0.71c within the next day. That's a 800% return on your investment. I just bought around $200,000,000 between the three characters.

Damn pity you can't trade online though =/

• Registered Users Posts: 25,057 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

haha.. looking good so far!

CzuAGUV.png

edit: still rising

K8gWsNv.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

They absolutely bloody nailed Southern California and LA. I wonder if the next gen versions will have more forests on the slopes and the like, substantial upgrades, as opposed to just a sharper upgrade.

The wonderful Terminator/Collateral/nilhlistic/recessionary/a country living off its best years feeling is amazing.

The ambient/80's feel.
    The pause music genuinely made me reflect on "life".

Sort of hopeful though

No game for me has been this atmospheric in years.
    Nighttime is just perfect and is proper pitchblack.

I love the hazy blue dawns.

Reminded me of a combination of Vice City and Red Dead.

Almost all the things I love rolled into one game
    I haven't games at all in recent years, (put in my most of my time pre 2008).
    I sat and played for hours with GTA V at a time, which is a testament to how good it is.
    GTA IV not so much yet.

I never want them to do Liberty City again for at least 30 years!

My dream list

GTA VI set in either 70's San Francisco.
    GTA VI set in Texas (the satire would be glorious) Desert gameplay. Austin, Dallas, across the Mexican Border. 3 cities. Inland. No oceans, only lakes

GTA VI set in Detroit or some some Canadian city

I really wish they'd disband the whole island template for future games. I'd rather see endless desert or countryside.

Like I wish GTAV has endless rolling countryside and imagining San Fierro way over in the distance.
    Expansion?

Finally got 100% in the story mode :D
    Nearly 84 hours on the game clock

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

I got GTA V near release date and played it for about 4 hours. Much more boring then GTA IV imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I got GTA V near release date and played it for about 4 hours. Much more boring then GTA IV imo.

iBRagllHlgI96.gif

oh you must of played it to its fullest potential tell me all about it

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭KeshFM93

one of the best games ever made imo. Its still selling and if updates keep coming it will continue to sell .

if they rerelease it on ps4/xbox1 id say it would sell pretty well again

Who are your favourite convenience stores clerks?The guy's in the 24/7 stores always seem to have an attitude problem.My favourite would be any of the guys in the limited gasoline service stations.Hello friend!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭badger57

Played this for the first time the other week. Spent most of the time assaulting random pedestrians and causing mayhem, still as fun as it was in the old games!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭gosullivan89

Bought it last week, such a good game, been busy with work so not done a huge amount of missions yet but found myself a bugatti veyron so happy out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Gonna take a trip back into single player tomorrow for the 1st anniversary. Might go hunting for the rest of the space parts and finally get that Space Docker!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Gonna take a trip back into single player tomorrow for the 1st anniversary. Might go hunting for the rest of the space parts and finally get that Space Docker!

wow, back up there a minute.........there's a "single" player mode? :confused:

;)

I hope they annouce something special as far as DLC goes for the anniversary!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭travis1976

1st anniversary??? Jebus H. Christmas.

Advertisement