Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How I play GTA games

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

dude - you should put that on your CV!

I'd hire a man with those kinda stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

He has very nice hand writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Replaying through Vice City for the first time in a long time, amazing game still. I still get enjoyment knocking into a NPC on a faggio at full speed in an inferno and watch them fly miles down the road!

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

cocoshovel wrote: »
    GTA 1:Nothing overly special you could do really. I liked finding those random cars that had the 5 second time bombs in them. Also, trying to find a huge straight stretch of road and getting in a bus/oil tanker and driving so fast that the thing would start having a spaz attack and immediatly blow up if anything tipped off it.
    Electric rail lines were fun too for just zapping yourself.

GTA 2:I loved running around the gang hideouts/factories and blow the crap out of the all and getting the worst reputation with them so they would fight back.
    Ooh! stealing a taxi and picking up random people then taking them on the ride of their lifes!

Get outta my car asshole/gimmie your wallet! police help! etc etc

Also the docks in GTA2 where you could bring cars and put them in the crusher. The cars would go in one side, and rewards would come out the other side. Different types of guns and police bribes etc...

GTA 3: I used to go the all glass 2 story building in the middle of staunton island and shoot people and destroy cars from the second floor. The cops and Army couldnt get you up there especially if you parked your car on the stairs.
    It was a short drive down from the internet cafe, which was similar in design.

Speaking of which, I used to go to the second floor of the internet cafe and wait for some person to stroll up there with me and when they walked in front of the windows I combat shotgunned them at short range so they flew back and out through the glass window onto the ground below. It was awesome.

GTA Vice City: I used to drive up and down the dual road between the Greasy Chopper and the docks on a Faggio with a 6 star wanted level, seeing how long I could survive the mental tanks and army trucks coming after me. You can last surprisingly long on that little thing, and it was great fun!

and damn the way if you left your car idle for more than 10 seconds some random dude always carjacked it.

I also think we all had great fun in the Malibu Club with a minigun or molotov cocktails :D

I'm sorry, but you can't talk about GTA: Vice City without mentioning the vigilante missions in the Hunter. Vigilante missions were always a bit of a pain and the fact that you couldn't change the radio station in the cop cars was annoying. The Hunter had a proper radio though, so stick on your favourite station and start hunting people down and blowing them up. Auto-aim machine gun or missiles - what a machine. It was also possible to max out your cash in that game because of that glorious machine.
    GTA SA: Far too many things to mention, but I loved using the give pedestrians weapons cheat, the all pedestrians fight cheat, and the chaos mode cheat (which turned the city into the way it was during the LS riots in story mode). Utter chaos in the streets! Peds blowing the crap out of each other, random lads shooting rockets into walls and ak47 fire all over the shop!

To top that off, I often hopped in a hydra and turned on a 6 star wanted level then engaging in dog fights with the other hydra's that come after you. If anything went wrong I would parachute down into the chaotic warzone city and try battle my way through side alleys and streets to get back to my safe house.

Without a doubt the best part of GTA:SA. Instead of turning on the 6 star level cheat though, get the hydra beside your house ( after 100% ) and just fly over the forbidden area on the map, that'll get you an instant 5 stars IIRC. Blow up the helicopters that follow you and you'll be on 6 stars soon enough.
    GTA IV: Meh, not a huge fan to be honest. Playing on top of the big crane in the city centre was fun with a high wanted level.

I could rant on about these games all day. Ill spare ye all though with my long enough post as it is.

In general, it's better to get 100% in the GTA games before you start your wave of destruction and murder because you get infinite ammo so no need to keep doing cheats to get more ammo.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Just started another playthrough of IV tonight, and it reminded me of my favourite tactic of all time.

There's a mission in IV where you've to steal a cop car to track down Bucky Sligo. And you chase him back to his house, where there are like six gang members waiting to kill you. Well what I did was pull up a just out of reach of their shots, call the police and wait.

The cops will show up, Bucky's guys will shoot at them, the cops will shoot back at them and call for back up.

By the end of the mission, there were 12 cop cars surrounding Bucky's house, about 10 dead cops, and 30 more cops running around the street trying to take out the guys in the house. They ended up doing my dirty work for me, and I just sat across the street and laughed.

NOTE: Sorry if I posted this ;before, I just remembered it tonight and it made me smile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

^^^^^ Well played, that's the great thing, all the different approaches to certain missions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Just started another playthrough of IV tonight, and it reminded me of my favourite tactic of all time.

There's a mission in IV where you've to steal a cop car to track down Bucky Sligo. And you chase him back to his house, where there are like six gang members waiting to kill you. Well what I did was pull up a just out of reach of their shots, call the police and wait.

The cops will show up, Bucky's guys will shoot at them, the cops will shoot back at them and call for back up.

By the end of the mission, there were 12 cop cars surrounding Bucky's house, about 10 dead cops, and 30 more cops running around the street trying to take out the guys in the house. They ended up doing my dirty work for me, and I just sat across the street and laughed.

NOTE: Sorry if I posted this ;before, I just remembered it tonight and it made me smile.

Yes I forgot about doing that! I used to do that at random street and stuff in GTA IV. Find a gang member that would shoot at me, then call the cops and watch all hell break loose after that.
    Hunter

Ah that reminds me, driving past the army base was usually a death wish unless you were wearing the cop uniform. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Anyone know any good fun strategies for GTA IV? I love the game but ti's a bit grey and grim. Only found out about the Death Swing yesterday! Usually I spawn a couple of RPG'd up bodyguards (Bodyguard Mod), find a cop car , fire one shot at it and get to safety. Might stop using health cheats too.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

Mc Love wrote: »
    The one thing I hated about SA was the Toy RC planes missions - f**king did my head in!

I'm with you there. F**king hated, took me ages to finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    I used to use the same cheat, i'd recruit about 4 people, get them in the coastguard helicopter, bring them to the top of a building and then throw tear gas at them until they kept backing away and fell off the building, dunno why but that used to keep me busy for hours.
    Do this along with the "give pedestrians weapons" cheat and you will have you own personal army. Attack/get attacked and they will all blow the crap out of them with their guns. Just be careful not to recruit someone holding a rocket launcher :pac:

I hope they bring back cheats like this for GTAV. That and flying cars, peds riot, etc :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭clonadlad

I remember in SA I thought you could "complete" the trucking missions. I kind of figured out you couldn't when I got to over 300 of them. I was young at the time so it's not my fault.

It was well worth it though. I'm fairly sure I can recite most of the ****e your wan comes out with K-Rose.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,193 ✭✭✭✭Penn

clonadlad wrote: »
    I remember in SA I thought you could "complete" the trucking missions. I kind of figured out you couldn't when I got to over 300 of them. I was young at the time so it's not my fault.

It was well worth it though. I'm fairly sure I can recite most of the ****e your wan comes out with K-Rose.

I once got to Level 180-something in the Vice City Vigilante missions in one go. Whatever way it happened, I was in a Hunter, and most of the time the criminals spawned, they'd spawn in the water and instantly drown. Some would spawn on the road but I positioned myself well enough to dip down a bit, fire and kill them in a shot or two. Only took about an hour and a bit, and only stopped because by that stage, I was getting bored. Never needed money again though. Got bajillions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭764dak

In GTA3 I use tanks to take out everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭Riddle101

In GTA 3 I did two things all the time.

1. Get into a War with the cops, FIB and Army. I used ammo, health and armor cheats, found a decent spot with cover and just went to town on the authorities. Usually when the army came, i'd steal a tank and go for a rampage through town with it.

2. Used the arm the pedestrian cheat, and the pedestrian rampage cheat. Which basically gives all pedestrians random weapons, and they would all go on a rampage. Just great watching people with rocket launchers and assault rifles killing each other and blowing each other up, as well as getting involved too.

In the future games and didn't really use the cheats even though I could, for some reason.

Advertisement