Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Toast4532 wrote: »
    Looking to get a nice, deep, plum colour polish? A plain one with no shimmer/sparkle/glitter etc, something glossy that's not terribly expensive, any suggestions?

Catrice - The Dark Knight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Catrice - The Dark Knight?
    Thanks. I've had a look at that one but it seems to have some shimmer in it and has a slight metallic finish which I don't want.

I do appreciate your suggestion though, thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Not my pic but I have this one and it's very pretty. :D

Essence 148 Prom Berry :)

Prom-Berry+01+selbst.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Got some new nail polishes from Topshop.
    20N01EPLE_small.jpgThis one is called Brutal.

20N01EPNK_small.jpgThis is Drink Pink.

20N01EDEN_small.jpgThis is Double Denim

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Looking to get a nice, deep, plum colour polish? A plain one with no shimmer/sparkle/glitter etc, something glossy that's not terribly expensive, any suggestions?

These are nice...

http://www.barrym.com/products/nails/paint/all-nail-paints.html np356
    http://www.barrym.com/products/nails/effects/gelly-nail-effects.html gnp1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Thanks. I've had a look at that one but it seems to have some shimmer in it and has a slight metallic finish which I don't want.

I do appreciate your suggestion though, thank you :)

I thought so too and I wanted a plum with shimmer so I bought it but it doesn't have any discernible shimmer at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

Y9S3Yeu.jpg

Tartan design for a kinda Christmas feel using shellac polish.

Larger image: http://imgur.com/Q6sLY9J

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Sheela

If you're in the Tullamore area, Dolans Pharmacy which is in the same shopping centre as Dunnes (just beside the Bridge House) is selling their Essie polishes for €6.99. They have a pretty good selection too. Got Ballet Slippers which I have wanted to get for ages.

I have no affiliation with them, just thought that this was a good offer. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Morpork that's really pretty, I think I might try copy it some time if you don't mind :D

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

Morpork that's really pretty, I think I might try copy it some time if you don't mind :D

Thanks. :) Of course you can copy it.

The colours are Black Pool, Wildfire and Tinsel Toast.
    http://www.cnd.com/pro-products/cnd-shellac/cnd-shellac-colors/meet-colors

Tinsel Toast was a limited edition last year, but of course all colours can be replaced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Sheela

What about Revlon Vixen?

https://www.google.ie/search?q=revlon+nail+polish+vixen&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=AHa_UujhNIqv7AbVjYH4AQ&sqi=2&ved=0CC0QsAQ&biw=1280&bih=668

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

l use Mavala shade mexico 30...been wearing it the last 3 years...rarely use a different color l love it so much

1.png

sorry dunno why the pic out so big lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I know this isn't a nailvarnish but I wanted to show you my festive nails, there acrylics - my first time and I love them !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

China Glaze 'Charmed I'm Sure', nice creamy plum & about a fiver delivered from eBay

China+Glaze+Charmed,+I%27m+Sure+1.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

LOVE! what nail varnish and color?

Thank you :) it's an old bourjois called Adore Blue and opi alpine snow for white

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

Hope this pic works. I was bored while the bf was playing fifa so started messing with my black and gold nail polishes. Finished off with small blue sparkles.
    20131230_220022.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

My boyfriend bought me an Essie Christmas collection nail set. Painted my nails last Thursday so nearly a week ago.
    Still not a chip, first Essie Polish I've ever used and very impressed! Base coat, two coats and a top coat. Only slip wear to the tip. :D

kdo9so.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Jwacqui wrote: »
    My boyfriend bought me an Essie Christmas collection nail set. Painted my nails last Thursday so nearly a week ago.
    Still not a chip, first Essie Polish I've ever used and very impressed! Base coat, two coats and a top coat. Only slip wear to the tip.

Love that colour, what shade is it?

Oh and nice bf!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Still not a chip, first Essie Polish I've ever used and very impressed! Base coat, two coats and a top coat. Only slip wear to the tip. :D

Gorgeous nails, myself by comparison am about to paint mine for the 3rd time since Christmas Eve. New Years resolution = No more cheap polish

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

New year new shellac...

• Advertisement

newbee22 wrote: »
    New year new shellac...

Love this and I'm very envious of your perfect nails!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

mal8x3.jpg

Sinful blue
    Catrice gold

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Sinful blue
    Catrice gold

You could nearly tell just from the pic that blue is a Sinful polish, they all have a certain look, love them! Was in Hong Kong recently where they were less than €2... Why oh why didn't I get more of 'em??

Boyfriend bought me these as late Xmas presents, hope they come soon.

Essie In The Cab-Ana

Essie%20In%20the%20Cab-Ana.jpg

Essie Sunday Funday

Essie+Sunday+Funday+1.JPG

Essie Naughty Nautical

Essie+Naughty+Nautical+2.JPG

Essie Sole Mate - been looking for a deep plum colour for ages delighted to have this on the way :D

6872424781_3669f2fe11_z.jpg

Essie Clambake

1401362d1305009231-obsession-red-nail-polish-dsc01381a.jpg

I also got the OPI Matte top coat so am drying to try out something like this:

black-matte-manicures.jpg

I adore that Cab-Ana one, in the first pic! So vibrant!

IGNORE MY CUTICLES!

NYC 'Bowery Black' with some random leftover wraps, which aren't even the correct size but sure it's graaaand

Work appropriate leopard print

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

essie.jpg

My sister got me this for Christmas. It's Essie's "Jamaica Me Crazy".

PennyWren wrote: »
    Work appropriate leopard print

That is gorgeous. I really wish nude colours suited me, but they always make me look like I have no nails so I have to avoid them :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Has anyone had Shellac done in Fifth Avenue? I'm considering having it done there for my holidays at the end of January. Any reviews appreciated!

Advertisement