Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shader Model 2.0

• 17-12-2010 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hey there just wondering if anyone here can help me i am currently trying to play a game on my laptop and it wont work when i click the icon to play the game the screen goes blank for a second and a seperate icon pops up with

Error Could not init 3D system.
    Shader Model 2.0 is required.
    Please install the latest video drivers.

Can i install these drivers over the internet or must i bring the laptop to someone to have this installed.........
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

What game is it? What laptop is it exactly? Give specs.

This is just a guess, but the laptop may not be able to play the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭agrostar

What game is it? What laptop is it exactly? Give specs.

This is just a guess, but the laptop may not be able to play the game.

Sorry now but i wouldnt be the best with the specs, The laptop is a Dell inspiron 1525 and the game is farm simulator 2011. Sorry if this is very vague but i dont really no much about this kinda stuff:pac:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. That's your best bet for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Prob has INTEL Genetically modified graphics, dont think it has SM 2.0.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. That's your best bet for now.

Sorry now but do you think the laptop would be able for the game? or is it just to keep trying it? ive installed it now twice and still no good.:confused::confused: I might drop it to the lad that fixs the laptop for me tomorrow.
    Is it a big job to install this software???

• Advertisement

agrostar wrote: »
    Sorry now but do you think the laptop would be able for the game? or is it just to keep trying it? ive installed it now twice and still no good.:confused::confused: I might drop it to the lad that fixs the laptop for me tomorrow.
    Is it a big job to install this software???

Don't pay for someone to have a look at it if that's what you're thinking of doing.
    If you've tried installing it twice i'd say your laptop just can't play it. Not all laptops are created equal. Some have better gaming capability than others. As X_in_the_city says, your laptop may not be able to play this game at all. And there is pretty much nothing you can do to "fix" it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

If you've tried installing it twice i'd say your laptop just can't play it. Not all laptops are created equal. Some have better gaming capability than others. As X_in_the_city says, your laptop may not be able to play this game at all. And there is pretty much nothing you can do to "fix" it.
    Seconded. Its a pain but some graphics cards just don't have the correct shader level. Its a PITA but something you have to accept. I had to wait to get my new laptop (3 years old now) to be able to play the Total War game I had bought 6 months previously. Shader isn't something you can upgrade or install I think,
    isn't it to do with the graphics hardware?

Tenger wrote: »
    Seconded. Its a pain but some graphics cards just don't have the correct shader level. Its a PITA but something you have to accept. I had to wait to get my new laptop (3 years old now) to be able to play the Total War game I had bought 6 months previously. Shader isn't something you can upgrade or install I think,
    isn't it to do with the graphics hardware?

Yup. It's the graphics card.

Thanks for ye're time lads bit of a disappointment that the laptop aint up to the job but sh#t happens:rolleyes::rolleyes: Looks like this little boy aint going farming today:D:D:D

Advertisement