Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

who's who

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Shower

I have tried my hand at everything, but concentrate mostly on oils, watercolours, photoshop, pen and ink, and even 3d things in autocad, sketchup etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Welcome Shower!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭1071823928

hi all!! :)

im studying costume design at the moment so i get to try lots of different things.
    i really love drawing, painting and sewing. ive also started making jewellery and do some metalcraft.
    id love to learn some illustration and animation aswell, did a little in my portfolio course and id love to try it again.
    i really want to start making my own clothes aswell, just need to find the time!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 GeckoGlass

I work with glass. Melting it in my kiln and with a lamp..(lampwork beads) I also make mosaics using mainly stained glass with additions of fused glass. I love glass :)
    My website is geckomosaics.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 G453

I'm in college doing last year of textiles degree, I weave mostly.....then I draw, sew crochet, embroider and knit in my spare time :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I never introduced myself >.< I'm Will, degree in computery thingies but no interest in it. I am a wood turner who makes bowls, pens and body jewellery :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 hamsaladsambo

Hi! I am a pencil portrait artist (http://www.babyportraits.ie). Love drawing people, especially children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 newscctv

I am a painter of the face! And sometimes might knot an auld beard or tache. smile.gif That's my day job...

Other than that I just doodle a lot. Do a lot of life drawing from my head. Use anything from acrylic, coloured pencils, chalk, pastels, pencil. Make interesting picture frames when I've the time. The odd bit of jewellery. Design dresses and hats.

I get into weird moods and decide on doing something and then have to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 evelynz8735

LoveLambie wrote: »
    Hello all

Im a crafter - knitting, sewing, working with fabric, jewellery making, cooking, all sorts really

I did fine art at 3rd level, but ive found myself harking back to my good old catholic nun instructed crafts in my adulthood :)
    Great to see such a huge array of talented people on here sharing their ideas

http://lovelambie.etsy.com

Oooo ye are all so talented. Keep up the good work. I like knitting but I prefer crochet. I taught myself years ago, and now I go to the local school and teach the children crochet. We have been doing granny blankets, but in September they want to move on to teddies and stuff. Yikes.

<<MOD SNIP - LINK REMOVED>>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 PlaybookTips

hi, i am be, i am blogger, :D phone is my interested :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kyladai

Bumped into this forum.

I am Kyla, from China. Nice to see your post upstairs.:D

want more friends from Irland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 PeggyvB

Hi all! My name’s Peggy. I’ve been an artist for *ahem!* years. I’m one of those people who walk into an art supply store and think “Toys!”
    My focuses original Celtic design, realism, surrealism, landscapes, wire/paper sculpture, pencil, pen & ink, watercolor, Photoshop, beach combing and I am creating my first manga as we speak.
    I dabble in oils, acrylic and I recently got a pottery wheel and kiln. Haven’t thrown pots for years and am having a blast trying to remember how- when the weather is good! Also I do photography. I’m not a professional photographer, I’m lost when it comes to lenses & light meters, but I’m enough of an artist to be able to frame a good shot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭MagDee

I'm new on this forum, i've been doing some things with polymer clay and would like to maybe connect with people who do some nice things too to maybe have some joined clay sessions, share techniques and solutions? i'm in Bray, Co. Wicklow but don't mind going somewhere with my gear. I also do some scrapbooking and would love to learn basics of wirewrapping to make some nice finishes for my jewelry.

my websites:
    www.artivity.ie

and my etsy store

Hi PeggyvB and MagDee!

Welcome to the forum :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 larryburns

Eye catching Christmas themed window paintings.

I have been painting windows now for the last 4 years for Halloween, Christmas, St Patricks day, Football, rugby, Etc. I have done work for many well known Bars, shops, restruants, in and around the Dublin city centre.

SNIP - send PM to get in touch.
    Forum Charter - no commerical adverting on boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Szechenyi

MagDee wrote: »
    I'm new on this forum, i've been doing some things with polymer clay and would like to maybe connect with people who do some nice things too to maybe have some joined clay sessions, share techniques and solutions? i'm in Bray, Co. Wicklow but don't mind going somewhere with my gear. I also do some scrapbooking and would love to learn basics of wirewrapping to make some nice finishes for my jewelry.

my websites:
    www.artivity.ie

and my etsy store

Your Etsy shop is brilliant! I LOVE this dino in particular: http://www.etsy.com/listing/56784079/dino-zard-sebastian-pendant
    He looks like he is very wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Szechenyi

Hi everyone -- I'm new to boards.ie. When I joined I immediately went to the arts and crafts area :). I live in Maynooth and obsessively crochet, when I have the time and brain power.

Szechenyi wrote: »
    Hi everyone -- I'm new to boards.ie. When I joined I immediately went to the arts and crafts area :). I live in Maynooth and obsessively crochet, when I have the time and brain power.

Welcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ps520

Snorlax

Art interests

I am new to this forum thank you tell me this ,I will learn the two people:)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭duckling10

I knit and I have just started to spin on my new secondhand spinning wheel.
    I aim to improve my crochet skills from very basic to improvers standard!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Feeling good

Hi I'm new to this forum.
    Sorry for mistakes, English is not my first language.
    About myself: I LOVE ART! :)

Can anyone tell me how to say "thank you" here, there must be some special button for this purpose )))

Hi I'm new to this forum.
    Sorry for mistakes, English is not my first language.
    About myself: I LOVE ART! :)

Can anyone tell me how to say "thank you" here, there must be some special button for this purpose )))

Welcome welcome!

You will be able to "thank" posts and see a little thumbs up icon when you have posted 25 times I think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Feeling good

Cork_girl wrote: »
    Welcome welcome!

You will be able to "thank" posts and see a little thumbs up icon when you have posted 25 times I think!
    Thank you, I've found this icon.

Thank you, I've found this icon.

:) It must be after 10 posts so!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 KAnois

Watercolour, acrylic, oil, textiles, photography, facepaint, costumes, cardboard, discarded "junk", ink....it's all good!
    Self-taught, I think art is one of the few things that cannot be judged, it's a process of exploration and expression unique to each individual.
    For 10 years i've been working as a community artist and using art as therapy with people too. I don't like to call it teaching-I consider it facilitation. Everyone has creativity inside, it's nice to help release it.
    Lately i've been making personalised cards for friends and little bits and pieces on paper. Doodling is good for the soul!
    You can see a little of my work here:

http://on.fb.me/anois-art

Based in Cork, I travel around a lot and would really like to learn about making clothes and bags in 2011. It would be good to work on a huge-scale painting too, if anybody wants to make the canvas in exchange for some of my art.
    Kathryn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 safira218

Beckie wrote: »
    Like Mrs Bond, I too am a scrapper! Can't get enough of it! Been crafty since I don't know when!!! Always covered from head to foot in glitter!! :)
    hi all am a third year art and design student who loves using mixed media in my work and texture mmmmmm. Will never let go of the humble pencil though it a priceless tool.. have tried most crafts along the way and i keep exploring new ones got a great book on creative dough. am currently doing project work based on limiting colour, size, medium etc is interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ Shane Warm Newscaster

Hi, I love cross-stitching and have been doing it for about 12 years. I do a lot of personalised pictures for friends - new babies, christenings, communions, weddings, anniversaries etc. and a lot of cards - I absolutely adore it and if anyone would like to see some of my stuff, here's a link to a photo album:

http://s855.photobucket.com/albums/ab112/shannairl/Cross%20Stitch/

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Hokuto

Hello everyone. I'm here on boards and I want to make new friends.
    My specialties include pencil and ballpoint pen sketches. I like to design dresses in my sketchbook (wedding, princess dresses, weird Gaga style dresses). I am partial to sensual art :P
    I love to buy new sketchbooks and to keep them in the house for future use. I think I just love the feel and the look of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 M.afaqanjum228

The last picture is my canvas which was painted first with accrylic paint & then embellished. have tried most crafts along the way and i keep exploring new ones got a great book on creative dough. am currently doing project work based on limiting colour, size, medium etc is interesting.. oh an recently started doing different types of wax painting (encaustic) really lovely to use.

• Advertisement

The last picture is my canvas which was painted first with accrylic paint & then embellished. have tried most crafts along the way and i keep exploring new ones got a great book on creative dough. am currently doing project work based on limiting colour, size, medium etc is interesting.. oh an recently started doing different types of wax painting (encaustic) really lovely to use.

Wax painting sounds really interesting - must go google!
    Welcome everyone :)

Advertisement