Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Add new satellite lidl Uscals

• 14-02-2012 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

How do you add a new satellite ( 9 E new saorsat) to lidl SL65 receiver using Uscals. I cannot find a way to key in the location 9 E when I add the satellite . It adds the satellite to location ( 0.0) so the motor does not know where to point too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭PressTheButton

thlint wrote: »
    How do you add a new satellite ( 9 E new saorsat) to lidl SL65 receiver ...
    You haven't mentioned what type of LNB or satellite dish you're using or whether your receiver supports DiSEqC.
    Lots of information on Boards, just enter Saorsat in the 'Search' box (top right) and remember the service is still in testing/hasn't been officially launched yet, ie, you don't want to end up wasting your money on unsuitable equipment.

Some reading recommendations which should answer your question:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

The SL65 doesn't do DVB-S2, so no use for Saorsat.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 thlint

I have DiSEqC 1.2 (?) ie a motor on the dish which will rotate to the satellites on 19E, 16E, 13E, as well as 28E. I have in the past added satellites ie 30W but it is a few years ago and I just cannot find the way to key in the location of a new satellite. I have done it before but I am obviously missing something and the manual (motor and SL 65 ) does not give these steps. I only used the 9 E as an example there are other satellites I want to tune into .
    I am sure I am missing a very simple step just at beginning of process.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,502 ✭✭✭zg3409

I presume you need to add a new satellite to the menu, and do a blind scan. Then the dish will turn and do a blind scan?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 thlint

zg3409 wrote: »
    I presume you need to add a new satellite to the menu, and do a blind scan. Then the dish will turn and do a blind scan?

Yes .
    I have contacted lidl service . They put me in touch with Zinteck: 01 4008353 their after sales provider.
    i have asked same question and I am waiting for them to check out the procedure.

• Advertisement
Advertisement