Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How to install a cd player /still no sound from right hand speaker

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

2 new speakers is the best option OP. Are the screws on the speakers exposed on the Micra? i.e can you see 4 screws around the speaker? There may be a removal plastic cover covering the speaker/screws

You need to remove the speaker to see what diameter the opening in the door is to make sure you get the right size replacement.

If you can get the speaker out of the door yourself i would advise taking the one out of the other door and swapping them around and trying playing music again. If the problem still persists on that side of the car then it's a wiring problem,if the problem moves to the other side of the car it's a speaker problem.

I would imagine 2 x new brand name speakers in halfords etc shouldn't be more than 100e. new radio and new speakers will make a nice difference in sound quality in the car :)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 AilishNi

tossy wrote: »
    2 new speakers is the best option OP. Are the screws on the speakers exposed on the Micra? i.e can you see 4 screws around the speaker? There may be a removal plastic cover covering the speaker/screws

You need to remove the speaker to see what diameter the opening in the door is to make sure you get the right size replacement.

If you can get the speaker out of the door yourself i would advise taking the one out of the other door and swapping them around and trying playing music again. If the problem still persists on that side of the car then it's a wiring problem,if the problem moves to the other side of the car it's a speaker problem.

I would imagine 2 x new brand name speakers in halfords etc shouldn't be more than 100e. new radio and new speakers will make a nice difference in sound quality in the car :)

Thanks for the advice - I may try what you suggested first and if I have no luck with that, then I'll be investing in a new pair of speakers :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

You could pick up a set of pioneer speakers in argos for around €30
    Should be simple to fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,379 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What are they, 6.5"?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    What are they, 6.5"?

I'm not sure what size the speakers are

• Advertisement

Does your micra have electric windows?

Does your micra have electric windows?

No

In that case, I'd be following iamthemanworks advice and picking up one from a scrapper and pay someone to fit it for you.

IIRC, its a bit tight for space behind the speaker too, so a lot of off-the-shelf speakers may be too deep.

Obviously if you want better speakers, do your research and get them - either way, paying someone to fit them would be the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

I'd still get new speakers over secondhand ones. I cant see secondhand ones being great at all tbh. The newest k11Micra is 12+ years old at this stage so whatever speaker you get from a breaker will be very old and more than likely exposed to the elements too.

The measurements for many speakers, including depth can be got online.
    Here's an example from pioneer
    http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/25/131/201/TS-A1723I/page.html
    ts-a1723i_gallery.jpg

I found some new speakers clearing out the house yesterday, must have a look and see if they'll fit, if they do you're welcome to them.

hc6fWV.jpg
    cQzBg6.jpg
    Xf1o7J.jpg
    E6eSJS.jpg
    4VK4nV.jpg

Not sure if they're the right size, maybe someone can check?

• Advertisement

I found some new speakers clearing out the house yesterday, must have a look and see if they'll fit, if they do you're welcome to them.

Not sure if they're the right size, maybe someone can check?

They say the size should be around 16cm

If they're that size, then that'd be great :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

AilishNi wrote: »
    They say the size should be around 16cm

If they're that size, then that'd be great :)

Well,did they fit?
    Did you get it fixed?
    The suspense is killing me:D

magentis wrote: »
    Well,did they fit?
    Did you get it fixed?
    The suspense is killing me:D

lol no not yet, waiting on someone to get back to me on speakers :D

Advertisement