Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ps3 and Ps4 battlefield 4 thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Is the server browser always as messed up as it seems to be for me?
    Search for a game of Rush with one particular map selected, get a good few results. Search for it with 3 or 4 different maps selected... no results.

Also, there wasn't 1 single game of Conquest on European servers available at around 1 o clock this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

spider_pig wrote: »
    Just wondering should have I of got DLC with my copy of bf4? It won't let me play capture the flag it's saying I need dlc

CTF comes with Second Assault

The game is now officially unplayable

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Search for a game of Rush with one particular map selected, get a good few results. Search for it with 3 or 4 different maps selected... no results.

Also, there wasn't 1 single game of Conquest on European servers available at around 1 o clock this afternoon.

I can never get the server browser to retrieve any results, don't know whats up with it.

I was playing conquest around lunchtime today no bother, if it happens again maybe restart the game? There is always going to be people playing no matter what time

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

Any way of getting the heli controls back to the way they were in Battlefield 3?
    Just had a quick go on the practice range and I'm all over the place :rolleyes:
    Finding it tricky enough to maintain a steady altitude.
    I'll get used to it but I'd prefer the old way.
    Go into settings and change the controls to veteran

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Still getting "no servers found" when trying for the standard Conquest. Plenty for the 64 player.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭djskip316i

Try the battlog app or on pc , the in game server browser is useless

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

Anybody getting the bug where you can't carry three claymores while perimeter defence is selected?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 onthebhoys

Did anyone do the ps3 to ps4 upgrade via the PSN fr €9.99? I did that, and it took a full day to download. Then when I booted it up, the main menu said: Campaign 100% Full Game 24%. Anyone else getting this??

onthebhoys wrote: »
    Did anyone do the ps3 to ps4 upgrade via the PSN fr €9.99? I did that, and it took a full day to download. Then when I booted it up, the main menu said: Campaign 100% Full Game 24%. Anyone else getting this??

Yeah I started the download last night , its 36gb in total , mine is is only on 17gb now , you really need fibre for these downloads , wasting my time on 3mb broadband , also are you only able to play the 1st mission

• Advertisement

Anyone here able to ps4 version and it works fine? My game is fecked since Thursday with lag etc

• Registered Users Posts: 12 onthebhoys

djskip316i wrote: »
    Yeah I started the download last night , its 36gb in total , mine is is only on 17gb now , you really need fibre for these downloads , wasting my time on 3mb broadband , also are you only able to play the 1st mission

Yeah same thing here, first mission, hit the water, small cut scene and BAM. Installing.... Left it going all night on standby, up to 52%. Hate my download speeds.

onthebhoys wrote: »
    Yeah same thing here, first mission, hit the water, small cut scene and BAM. Installing.... Left it going all night on standby, up to 52%. Hate my download speeds.

Yeah noticed when I hit 50% lastnight the rest of the SP missions started downoading , at least it will pass away s few hours today

Anyone find using pistols on PS4 with R2 much harder than the PS3 version?

Personally I am struggling big time.

Just got this downloaded last night in ps4 , is it just me or is the lag absolutely ridiculous, today more so than last night

Does anyone get like a shuttering effect on same maps. Floodzone is bad for me, it is like the screen comes in and out for a quick second.

Doesnt appear to be lag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

djskip316i wrote: »
    Just got this downloaded last night in ps4 , is it just me or is the lag absolutely ridiculous, today more so than last night

It seems to be random for me. One night it will play like a dream but the next will be lag lag and more lag. It's a pity because its a great game when it works

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

Lads whats it like on PS3, in terms of servers, bugs and stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

After that big download seems im stuck with this like everyone else

BcYAmjnCUAAlQsI.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Soby that happened me too. Just deleted the game and tried again and it worked fine. Think actually it was the disc which was a bit dusty and had given it a wipe. Probably didn't need to reinstall the game at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Got my Third MVP Ribbon in Conquest, feels much more satisfying knowing your top in a 64 player match!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

Been working my way through borderlands 2 since just after Christmas, so I haven't touched battlefield; is there any change to the issues the PS3 (and all formats from the sound of it) had been having?

chickenboy wrote: »
    Been working my way through borderlands 2 since just after Christmas, so I haven't touched battlefield; is there any change to the issues the PS3 (and all formats from the sound of it) had been having?

Have it on the PS4 since 27/12. No issues on multi player for me. Small bit of lag in one lobby that I left and it was fine. Singleplayer has crashed and lost all saved data several times which is annoying as I am trying to collect trophies. Started saving to cloud not sure this will help with the lost saves as it hasn't crashed since.

Lost all the sp saves again but was able to get them back from the save data on cloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Started saving to cloud not sure this will help with the lost saves as it hasn't crashed since.

Lost all the sp saves again but was able to get them back from the save data on cloud.

How exactly do you do this?

Settings
    Game Application Data
    Upload to Cloud
    Tick whichever game you want to save and save it.

Was saving regularly and simply overwriting the cloud save with the most recent data.

Then when you want to download go into the Game Application Data again and there's an option to download from cloud to system storage.

Overwrite the game save you have in system storage from cloud.

Worked a treat for me. I've lost the singleplayer saves numerous times but this completley reinstated them with all the collectibles found/assignments completed etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Rush is unplayable for me on PS3. Constantly crashes, not just my console but anyone else in the same match. Conquest is only slightly more stable. TDM and Domination work 99% of the time. Ive seen the repair corrupted data startup screen more times since ive had this game than in all the years since ive owned the PS3

Playing the more close encounters games has seriously tuned up my shooting though, but takes a few rounds to settle back into the larger maps - the complete opposite to how I spent my time on BF3

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

The lack of chat on PS4 is really weird considering the headset that comes with the system. I've not encountered a single person on comms yet. I hope this changes soon as people realise that a silent server is sh1te compared to one where people actually communictae

I thought that too.
    I'm from COD and the first thing you do before playing a game is mute everyone (aside from your party):rolleyes:
    Heard virtually no chat on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

I remember doing that on COD too haha (stopped playing COD after Blops). At this stage BF3 on PS3 was more talkative. I presume it will gradually change, but until it does it's mad annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,275 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I use a mic, but I'm in a party chat with a few lads that play quite often. I'd rather not stick on VOIP and have to listen to people playing music in the background.

Advertisement