Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Yoga for weight loss

• 09-02-2013 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've picked up a book called 'Yoga for weight loss' by Celia Hawe. I got started today and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions or tips or wants to help or be helped or share their progress with something similar?
    Tufty

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

Any exercise can be effective at loosing weight if your on a calorie controlled diet..

The only way to loose weight is to burn calories than you eat. That means eating plans, logs and a small bit of math.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭tufterween

Hi Jimmy,
    Thanks for the reply. I actually picked up the book without reading the title properly and didn't realise it was for weight loss.
    I'm following it really just to feel more confident and healthy. I haven't got any huge weight issues although I am following the diet plan outlined in the book now that it's there in front of me but it's more to feel more energised and happy in myself rather than to lose weight.
    I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on starting yoga really as I haven't practised it before.
    Tufty

Advertisement