Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tokai

• 18-07-2006 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭

im kinda browsing bout for a new guitar at the moment! i was lookin at tokai les pauls and was wondering if anyone here has bought one? and what they are like? where did u get it? so on:P only way of gettin one i can see is off ebay! any help would be apriciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I don't have a Tokai LP, but I've played a few, and they're very nice indeed. At least as good as the Gibsons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Duff_Man

ah i heard that! is it really true tho!? The ones on ebay are like 500 euro! nw gibson lp are like 2500 over here. they look mighty temptin tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

They are great for the price/performance ratio. As good and some are better than gibsons. They have different price ranges but you can get a really nice one landed for about €800

Yes, just make sure you get one of the Japanese made ones.

i take it the korean ones suck then eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Pretty much

Duff_Man wrote:
    i take it the korean ones suck then eh?

No, not at all, they're quite good. I have a Korean made Tokai PRS Copy, and it's a very good guitar. The Japanese ones are just better, as I believe they've got almost identical specs to the Gibsons Les Pauls, whereas the Korean ones don't.

lol rite duely noted! i saw a love rock in musicmaker a week ago for bout 600 i think! duno what make it is tho! but ill ask em next timme im around town

With the prices Musicmaker charge, that's probably a Korean one. I've seen the Japanese make Tokais go for up to €1200 in there. Stick to the internet tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

Duffman. I have a Tokai LS200 and to be honest I have never seen or played a Gibson that comes near to this!(granted I haven't played that many) but this is one beautiful guitar. The craftmanship, the wood selection, the finish, even the stock pickups are super. This is a high end Tokia but I got it from Japan for less than €1200 all inclusive! DO NOT BUY ONE FROM MUSICMAKER OR IN IRELAND IN ANY MUSIC SHOP ANYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. The net is the place to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

PS. I have a another new(2005) Tokai that is also a super guitar, however..... I did buy an 81 vintage LS50(lowest model) and I didn't like that too much. Stick to the newer models or the high end vintage models.

any sites that i could browse around that sell em? all i can find is ebay!

Ishibashi used to stock them, but alas no more.

These guys might be able to help you moreso: http://www.tokaiforum.com/

cheers karl finally after browsing the threads i found a uk site that sell em at a decent price!

Cool. Good luck! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Happy buying. Just incase you're not aware of what's expected of you when you get it.. Get on here, post pics and talk about it more than ya play it. :p

lol could be a while b4 i buy it tho:P like 2-3 months! im broke atm! im happy enough wit my gibson sg anyway 4 the time being! id just like a les paul that aint gona break my bank ya know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

i have an ls85q and its my main guitar. tokai ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

i have a tokai ls80 and its a fantastic guitar,it costed me under 800e new only and i have played a few gibson les paul's and this tokai is better than them,just make sure that you go for a japanese model as the lads said here dude;)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭The Boarder Man

If you're buying online, you might want to check out Agile. I've heard good reports about them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

feylya's old housemate had an Agile if I recall, which faylya rated quite highly methinks...

Advertisement