Why have I been blocked from posting on an add? - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Forum Closed  

22-05-2012, 15:02   #1
engrish?

Why have I been blocked from posting on an add?

Hi,

the owner of this add asked me if I would accept an offer of €300 on her car. I replied saying that the best I could do was €200 since the battery needed to be replaced and she has removed the add and blocked me from commenting on the add. Is this allowed?

I should also give the back history - we had originally struck a deal a few weeks ago and arranged to meet. I waited for her to show and after an hour (in hailstones - not that its terribly relevant) I left. I had confirmed the appointment 20 minutes before we were to meet and there was no sign of her. On my way home she phoned to say she was ready to meet and that her phone must of been acting up. By that time, I had left a message on the add saying that buyers should beware. When she phoned I took her at her word and I said I would remove the comment when I was at a computer as I was unable to remove it on the mobile site - we said we would put the whole thing down to bad luck. By the time I got to a computer the comment was taken down by someone else.

I would just like to establish why I am being blocked from an add - I thought adverts.ie unique selling point was that negotiations were public, not deleted at the desire of the owner of the add.

Thanks

Last edited by engrish?; 22-05-2012 at 15:31.
Advertisement
22-05-2012, 15:41   #2
Adverts.ie: Eddie
Verified representative

It is up to the seller who they block from their ads and everybody on adverts has the ability to do so. One of your comments was removed as it was libellous.
22-05-2012, 15:55   #3
engrish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adverts.ie: Eddie View Post
It is up to the seller who they block from their ads and everybody on adverts has the ability to do so. One of your comments was removed as it was libellous.

Fair enough - difficult to prove what happened.

I find it unfair that my offer (from two days ago) can be removed when it was fair and explained and then I am blocked from further feedback. There are several other offers at that level too.

Anyway - thank you for answering my question.
Forum Closed