Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hairdressers & Hair Dye

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

I always spend that extra few quid on my hair, Think your hair is very important. I get blonde in with dark blonde also, so that the regrowth isnt too dark. Your hair is always with ya, so go on girls ye know ye are worth it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

God ye the prices in salons are ridiculous these days. You really have to shop around to get a good price. I found a really good budget priced salon which I am very happy with.
    I do prefer going to salon to get my hair coloured, as I used to get colour everywhere - clothes, bathroom, you name it :p I get it done once a month, and its definitely money well spent.

Hi, do you know if these giys are good for meche highlights?
    I am very tempted by their prices, could get my hair done twice as often!!
    Just it's hard to find a hairdresser that does meche well, some of them are really mean with the colour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

hey big pink ye i've seen them do highlights while getting my hair done and they were very nice. the prices really are very purse friendly arent they

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 corkgirl1

This place looks like good value. I might try them. I have booked into Cowboys & Angels for the student colour classes but I might go to this place instead. I am never happy with the colour I get, it is always either way too dark or just rotten

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

http://images.teamsugar.com/files/users/2/20652/46_2007/vanessa.xlarger.jpg

Hey Ladies and Lads,

I'm looking for a home hair colour that will do my hair like the above pic. Its sooo gorgeous! I know its not black, what would you call it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Morgase

I suppose it would be a very dark brown. Just be aware that if your hair is that length, you'll most likely need two packets of dye to cover it all!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Faddymackshyte

I've only recently started getting ym hair dyed again, I took a break from it. I got a full head of highlights for €135 which I thought was very expensive, but in hindsight, they did a great job and it really just brightens everything up. So I'll have to continue indulging in this, I guess! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

I find that whenever I spend alot of money getting my hair done, it always looks the same as when I went in! Which is why I'm sticking to home dyes, but not anything to drastic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 renita

Today colouring hair has become a common fashion and is dominating the fashion world. Some choose hair color for adding more beauty to the hair and some others choose hair color for gray coverage. Hair colouring is one of the quickest and most dramatic way to change your look. Hair colour come in different shades, forms and qualities for different hair textures.
    Renita

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

My mam gets hers coloured from time to time and rarely cut. Without the cut it has cost her over a hundred euros. I can't notice the difference between the dyes to be honest. I think the difference is how it stains the hair. Nearly went black at some point because of the stuff.

That said I find it insulting to charge 60 for a wash cut and blowdry. Hence not having gone to a hair salon in on....10 years? Just do it myself. Recently. One place wanted to charge 40 euro fora fringe!!!!! I laughed and walked off.

• Advertisement
Advertisement