Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MotoGP 2015 News & Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Is the race repeated today for us without by sports?

If so what channel

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Mr Sheen! wrote: »

If so what channel

I think ITV4 have a highlights program on a Monday night. I'm not too sue what time though.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 11,266 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Belter of a race, love it so much that Rossi is back at his best like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Thats experience showing, 9 times world champ showing the young guy how to win.
    Marquez made a bad error of judgement, he knew VR was catching him by .5 sec per lap.
    If he was a little more mature he would have said, I can't win with the tyres I have and I will just finish in 2nd and collect the points.
    Now he is 30pts down and has a lot of work to do, He is capable of winning the next few rounds no doubt, but he has to work hard to make that deficit up and hope that VR makes some mistakes.
    His biggest problem right now is the fact that Dani Pedrosa isn't his teammate and there is no-one there to take points from other riders.
    Hiroshi Aoyama isn't anywhere near Dani as a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Kat1170

If so what channel

ITV 4 shows it three or four times during the week if you have it. Was on tonight and again tomorrow 6pm (I think)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Thats experience showing, 9 times world champ showing the young guy how to win.
    Marquez made a bad error of judgement, he knew VR was catching him by .5 sec per lap.
    If he was a little more mature he would have said, I can't win with the tyres I have and I will just finish in 2nd and collect the points.
    Now he is 30pts down and has a lot of work to do, He is capable of winning the next few rounds no doubt, but he has to work hard to make that deficit up and hope that VR makes some mistakes.
    His biggest problem right now is the fact that Dani Pedrosa isn't his teammate and there is no-one there to take points from other riders.
    Hiroshi Aoyama isn't anywhere near Dani as a replacement.

Cal made an interesting comment that the plan for the Hondas was to hold back to save the tyres and fual and by doing that he could pass Iannone on the last corner,Cal then added that Marc didn't stick to that plan !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Infoanon wrote: »
    Cal made an interesting comment that the plan for the Hondas was to hold back to save the tyres and fual and by doing that he could pass Iannone on the last corner,Cal then added that Marc didn't stick to that plan !
    Was chatting to cal after the race, the plan for Honda was that Marc would go hard at it in the early laps and try and open a gap (he did this) and cal would play the long game and conserve tyre life to be quicker at the end of the race. He was to block other riders and hold them up in the early laps (he did this) and then after half distance he would have the tyre life to push closer and try and fight for the podium. Marc opened a five second lead over vale at one point but shot his tyres and lost the race.
    crutchlows race was exceptional though, really strong to keep his consistency and a really deserved podium even if he inherited by marcs crash

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

frostie500 wrote: »
    Was chatting to cal after the race, the plan for Honda was that Marc would go hard at it in the early laps and try and open a gap (he did this) and cal would play the long game and conserve tyre life to be quicker at the end of the race. He was to block other riders and hold them up in the early laps (he did this) and then after half distance he would have the tyre life to push closer and try and fight for the podium. Marc opened a five second lead over vale at one point but shot his tyres and lost the race.
    crutchlows race was exceptional though, really strong to keep his consistency and a really deserved podium even if he inherited by marcs crash

Maybe it was a throw away comment by Cal immediately after the race ? Cal seems to be able to play to the audience. Either way his last corner move was exceptional.

Any word on Dani and the second Honda or is there truth in Aoyoma staying on board but the newer bits been shared with Cal and LCR ?

Infoanon wrote: »
    Any word on Dani and the second Honda or is there truth in Aoyoma staying on board but the newer bits been shared with Cal and LCR ?

Cal getting new parts in COTA was always planned, Scott gets his upgrade for Jerez. Dani's surgery was a success and they found 'somethjng' but no one will know for sure til he gets back on a bike. The plan is for him to ride at Jerez but it's not 100% certain that he will. There's a test on the Monday as well so hiro wil definitely be in Spain one way or the other

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Kat1170 wrote: »
    ITV 4 shows it three or four times during the week if you have it. Was on tonight and again tomorrow 6pm (I think)

Yeah ..watched it for free last night...were thay asleep at UPC.....:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭legrand

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

If so what channel

It's on youtube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ7w081KO8g

Probably won't be there for long, it'll be spotted and taken down so watch asap!

I've subscribed to motogp.com, sharing it with a friend, works out fairly cheap on the standard HD package (not the fancy multi-screen). Might be worth buying a weekend pass to see if you like it?

Few pics from Argentina. Only getting a chance to get looking at them now, was flat out!

11149752_862386630501519_5421608418778764734_o.jpg
    I really like this shot of Eugene, Im trying to get more portraits done this year to get something a bit different

11154936_862396243833891_7492746300117435209_o.jpg
    Great to see Cal back on the box

11169747_862396247167224_7879738809767570574_o.jpg
    Brad's a different guy this year, much more mellow

1553427_866981160042066_7538000844060954716_o.jpg
    When Vale came out with the jersey on the place went absolutely mental!

10380199_866981303375385_4652140250110903933_o.jpg

11149680_866981533375362_9067540746013481554_o.jpg
    I was chatting to Tom O'Kane after the race and he couldn't say enough good things about Aleix. Said he was one of the very best riders that he's ever worked with

11164663_866981776708671_2480947335870546923_o.jpg
    Hiroki Ono on the grid...can you look any cooler minutes before a GP is starting!

11045409_866982163375299_8558910905560399986_o.jpg
    Efren Vazquez has a tough act this year as teammate to Danny Kent. Efren's quick...but he aint Kent quick!

11170298_866981990041983_4607283374538710140_o.jpg
    Eugene's got it all dialed in now, just needs to add some experience but he showed that the speed is there and he'll only get faster and more consistent

As ever, if anyone wants something in particular for a background just shout and I'll send it over to you

Marquez has broken his left finger in a dirt track crash, not certain to be competing in Jerez.
    Not really what Marquez or HRC need at this point of the championship.
    Pedrosa is still uncertain and if Marquez is going to miss this round then it will make the job of retaining the title a lot harder.
    On the plus side its the left hand and the little finger which of all the digits will interfere least with riding a bike, OTOH any impairment of full function with a 250hp+ motorcycle is going to affect the ability of the rider.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Marquez has broken his left finger in a dirt track crash, not certain to be competing in Jerez.
    Not really what Marquez or HRC need at this point of the championship.
    Pedrosa is still uncertain and if Marquez is going to miss this round then it will make the job of retaining the title a lot harder.
    On the plus side its the left hand and the little finger which of all the digits will interfere least with riding a bike, OTOH any impairment of full function with a 250hp+ motorcycle is going to affect the ability of the rider.

This really throws everything up in the air, it looks like Rossi could benefit big time.
    Can't wait for this weekend, should be arriving at the circuit sometime around noon on Friday, will try to post up a few snaps over the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    This really throws everything up in the air, it looks like Rossi could benefit big time.
    Can't wait for this weekend, should be arriving at the circuit sometime around noon on Friday, will try to post up a few snaps over the weekend.

The little bollix will probably romp home as usual! Anyone remember Lorenzo and others being lifted on and off the bike between runs? Busted ankles etc. Once the hand works, they compartmentalise the pain, and get on with it. I doubt it will affect him too much.

OTOH I believe in Rossi's glory years, the tyres had a hard wall which he favoured. This year I think they've gone back to a stiff sidewall which looks like it suits him. Notice Lorenzo's lack of pace this season. He did well on the softer sidewall.

Pat Dunne wrote: »

Let me know when you get down! I'll be in Jerez from the Wednesday afternoon

pablo128 wrote: »
    Notice Lorenzo's lack of pace this season. He did well on the softer sidewall.
    I think Lorenzo's problems are more than just tyre sidewall based, there is a few people resident in his dome, Rossi, Marquez and Dove are all camped in there, lighting campfires and throwing empty cans around.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Hopefully Marquez will have another bad race. Sick of that midget winning.

Pugzilla wrote: »
    Hopefully Marquez will have another bad race. Sick of that midget winning.
    I can't say I feel the same way about Marquez, I just like close racing not time trial racing. This season is shaping up to be a very good season in terms of passing and more competitive bikes/riders.
    In any case with Pedrosa not riding in Jerez and Marquez with a busted and plated finger its not going all HRC's way.
    Marquez is young and most riders can ride through pain, but being in control of a 250hp bike is not easy even in full health.
    Aoyama is not as good a 2nd rider as Dani Pedrosa is to take points away from other teams so Crutchlow will probably be the number one Honda after 93.
    Rossi is in a similar position with Lorenzo, not close enough to beat the next team after he wins.
    Fascinating stuff.

• Advertisement

I'm just tired of these short spanish manlets like Marquez and Pedrosa. Lorenzo isn't that big either.
    Hard to respect them.

Would prefer more normal sized guys like Rossi.

Pugzilla wrote: »
    I'm just tired of these short spanish manlets like Marquez and Pedrosa. Lorenzo isn't that big either.
    Hard to respect them.

Would prefer more normal sized guys like Rossi.
    Anyone who can ride a MotoGP bike in anger is worthy of respect IMHO.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Calling some of the best motorbike riders "Manlets" and saying you find it hard to respect them because they are short?

You sound like a really nice guy.....

Zascar wrote: »
    Calling some of the best motorbike riders "Manlets" and saying you find it hard to respect them because they are short?

You sound like a really nice guy.....

Never said I was nice. Did I strike a nerve?

Anyways, the manlets also get a power-weight ratio advantage. The bigger guys have to be skeletal to even compete. This is a problem in all motosports, but is magnified by the light weight of bikes.

Brave of Marquez to compete, but he really has no choice, if he didn't and Rossi wins or lands on the podium, he will fall further behind.

If he can race intelligently he should still be able to pick up some points.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Gintonious wrote: »
    Brave of Marquez to compete, but he really has no choice, if he didn't and Rossi wins or lands on the podium, he will fall further behind.

If he can race intelligently he should still be able to pick up some points.

Don't know about that, if he did that last race he would probably have gotten 20 pts :)

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Don't know about that, if he did that last race he would probably have gotten 20 pts :)

That's why I said "if" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,872 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Lorenzo said at the start of this season he was a few kg lighter than before. Doesn't seem to be doing him much good...

Life ain't always empty.

Lorenzo said at the start of this season he was a few kg lighter than before. Doesn't seem to be doing him much good...
    His problems are not physical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,872 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Exactly :) but he seemed to think it would make all the difference for him. In fairness in most of the last few close seasons he's been either recovering from injury, or has had surgery to have a piece of metal taken out, so he might not have been able to train as hard before, but he's not getting the best out of the bike and tyres at the moment. The sidewall thing is plausible.

Conspiracy theory - is this a necessary technical change, or Bridgestone's parting gift to Valentino (remember when he forced a switch from Michelin?) :cool:

Life ain't always empty.

Advertisement