Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mildy goodness

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Jake1 wrote: »
    grey day here in Lucan again today. Sky looks like concrete.

Got a letter from hospital during week, my blood tests show Ive a vitamin D deficiency. No bleedin wonder. Never any sun here. :rolleyes:

nah its from not going outside and sitting in front of boards all day ;)

grounds damp up here now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

about 30 minutes after my moan the skies started to brighten and we've had a thin sun since then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Today?

IMG_0644-3.jpg

(I cheat - this is yesterday's shot but the scene is the very same mehgagloom :()

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

anticyclonic gloom is right Evelyn. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,601 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Jake1 wrote: »
    grey day here in Lucan again today. Sky looks like concrete.

Got a letter from hospital during week, my blood tests show Ive a vitamin D deficiency. No bleedin wonder. Never any sun here. :rolleyes:

Same here - didn't feel mild eitheir in a chilly damp breeze:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Birdnuts wrote: »
    a chilly damp breezefrown.gif
    Sunbabe08 wrote:
    Anticyclonic gloomfrown.gif
    Will Bill wrote:
    mehgagloom frown.gif
    It's cold and grey. frown.gif
    Jake1 wrote:
    Never any sun here. rolleyes.gif

th_suicidesmiley.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

Yes it really is quite bland at the moment. I gotta feeling its going to be like this for a while. Cold tonight though and the weekends not looking great either. And I'm getting a cold.

Please weather - grow a pair !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Em, if there was a thread called "cold spell" and the weather turned out to be average to mild then it would be closed. As the present weather is neither mild (I'm sorry I forgot my hat today to be honest) or good (by any definition) I would suggest this thread should enjoy the same fate?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Lovely sunny calm afternoon here. 11.7c atm.

@ Wild Bill, hopefully you'll have a different photo for us this evening? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

seriously this summer better bring something decent. i need sunshine.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    seriously this summer better bring something decent. i need sunshine.:mad:

Ye it's very concerning, we have just wasted 5 or 6 days of anticyclonic weather from our bank so i am concerned! So easily could have been 5 days of wall to wall sunshine :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Ye it's very concerning, we have just wasted 5 or 6 days of anticyclonic weather from our bank so i am concerned! So easily could have been 5 days of wall to wall sunshine :rolleyes:

And that Polar Vortex is going no where fast. It could be a disaster of a summer:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,507 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I think March will be both in and out like a lamb. March 2012. You WILL remember!

DOCARCH wrote: »

@ Wild Bill, hopefully you'll have a different photo for us this evening? :pac:

Sadly I left before sunrise (with clear skies and a lovely hoar frost) and returned after sunset - but yes, I'm told it was a glorious cloudless day. :)

But it definitely was not in Portlaoise where I spent the day - relentless gloom :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

God this gloominess is even getting to the animals1322508462_dog_falls_asleep_in_the_water.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Yaaaawwwwnnn..

Do something weather :mad:

The RTE weather just mentioned "hail showers" on Saturday....quick! ...someone start a thread :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

If nothing else, its looking like its going to be an exceptionally dry month with high pressure building yet again once the brief blip at the weekend clears away. Its been far from dry around here but drizzle leaves hardly any accumulation and I can barely remember a single day of proper rain all month, looks like more of the same for the next 10 days

• Registered Users Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Harps wrote: »
    If nothing else, its looking like its going to be an exceptionally dry month with high pressure building yet again once the brief blip at the weekend clears away. Its been far from dry around here but drizzle leaves hardly any accumulation and I can barely remember a single day of proper rain all month, looks like more of the same for the next 10 days

raining now big mouth :mad:

Advertisement