Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Frame - Cervelo S3 or Argon 18 Nitrogen

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭PringleDemon

SOR2010 wrote: »
    Thanks But 54 is too small for me, I know what your saying alright but my plan if I can stretch to it is to get a Di2 upgrade kit now or in the near future hence why I'm going for a Frame set
    A Di2 set up on the bike is over €4k as they say it's €1700 for the groupset but it can be got online for €1200 and about €800 for the upgrade kit

It looks like the S3 is winning though that and there are no Nitrogens available ( just on to B2R)

The 2016 model Nitrogen will be available in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SOR2010

The 2016 model Nitrogen will be available in July.

Cheers I was in B2R today and it could be Sept - Oct before they have the 2016,
    No S3 either for 6-8 weeks
    Now the Look 695 aero is a possibility will know more Saturday have to do a bike fit

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Agent Smyth

The bike industry never ceases to amaze me.
    Nobody should have to wait 6/8 weeks for a current model, maybe 1/2 weeks while they order it in for you but not 6/8.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Craig06

If you're in for something different have you looked at a Ritte Ace frame? Nice high end frame and rare?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭JohnBee

Craig06 wrote: »
    If you're in for something different have you looked at a Ritte Ace frame? Nice high end frame and rare?

I also have a local store that sells the ACE. Have you experience of it? Nice to have something different, but at the price point it is heavier than other frames and I wonder is it just marketing? (although I guess marketing applies to all bikes nowadays!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Craig06

Frame is 980g and 340g for the fork. Hardly heavy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 shaycl

Did you have a look at the cervelo S2. The only difference between it and the S3 is the fork which is more aero than the S2. The standard colour is black with blue decals . I bought it last year and love it. In the last couple of months 4 club mates have bought S3's in the LBS and were only waiting 3/4 weeks max for them to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭JohnBee

Craig06 wrote: »
    Frame is 980g and 340g for the fork. Hardly heavy though.

Still wondering if it is over priced?

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭funnyclub

Cheers I was in B2R today and it could be Sept - Oct before they have the 2016,
    No S3 either for 6-8 weeks
    Now the Look 695 aero is a possibility will know more Saturday have to do a bike fit

Is that 6-8 weeks for any size S3?

funnyclub wrote: »
    Is that 6-8 weeks for any size S3?

That's what I was told - 6 weeks for a 56 & 8 for a 58!
    In fairness to Paul in B2R he was going to buy in the full bike & give me the frame & keep the rest but can't wait that long!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

That's what I was told - 6 weeks for a 56 & 8 for a 58!
    In fairness to Paul in B2R he was going to buy in the full bike & give me the frame & keep the rest but can't wait that long!

I bought in there after Xmas lucky enough they had a 54 on display at the time so I snapped it up or I was told I'd be waiting until March at the earliest in another store did you try slane cycles by any chance?

Thanks for all the advice folks picked up the new bike today just back from a quick spin and I'm very happy ðŸ˜

Look 695 Aerolight

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭funnyclub

Thanks for all the advice folks picked up the new bike today just back from a quick spin and I'm very happy ðŸ˜

Look 695 Aerolight

Very nice, best of luck with it :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭Charlie69

Stunning bike, best of luck with it bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Agent Smyth

Beautiful bike, love the intergrated brakes, did you buy it in Base 2 Race ??

Beautiful bike, love the intergrated brakes, did you buy it in Base 2 Race ??

No got it in Hollingsworth Cycles in Kilmacud, B2R don't do Look :)

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

Best of luck with the look quality bike

Advertisement