Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

lack self confidence

Options
  • 23-01-2015 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi all! I am extremely low in self confidence of late I am 17 years old and just feel so down in myself and I have noticed my self getting quieter. I work hard at school and have a few close friends but within our year I just feel so alone most of the time I never have the confidence to talk to the opposite sex and always feel that I am not skinny or pretty enough. To my close friends I keep up an act of being happy go lucky and they haven't noticed any advice would be so appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I know you can't flip a switch to reverse this overnight and that addressing the underlying reasons can be hard. What do you like about yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

You might take a look at http://spunout.ie/life/article/body-image
    There is some good advice on that website and if the problem continues and you feel it is affecting your schoolwork or life in general then talk to somebody about it, a parent, a grandparent, a relative, a teacher, a friend or a doctor. You might think nobody will understand but most people have been though this at some stage in their life.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 suzanne.

Don't be getting tied up thinking about the opposite sex, time will let that come.Just to tell you I used cross the street so I would not have to pass by a boy when I was younger then someone caught my eye and I got out of the shyness!! I takes time to build self esteem I know that from my past. As you get older you want to do things and you overcome shyness bit by bit,you will push yourself when you are ready. I was never comfortable with friends pushing me but I got there in my own time, once I gained independence . You will too ,don't force it , you are ready when you are ready. We are all different and go at different paces.

Advertisement