Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cameron

• 30-07-2012 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi all,

I have an interview in Cameron in Longford and would appreciate any information on them. I can't seem to find much information online about the company's operations in Longford.

Numbers employed?
    Internal or External customers?
    Is it expanding? New investment?
    etc

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks A.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Hi all,

I have an interview in Cameron in Longford and would appreciate any information on them. I can't seem to find much information online about the company's operations in Longford.

Numbers employed?
    Internal or External customers?
    Is it expanding? New investment?
    etc

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks A.

Without ever being in the plant, I know a few who work there.

Workforce is fairly large. 100+ anyway.
    The produce parts for oil-rigs and the like for their worldwide customer base. Think BP, Exxon, Chevron etc..
    Expanding? The Longford plant or the company in general. Can't answer oon either, but they are one of the largest firms in the world, and there are a lot of opportunities in there for travel to other plants if you go well. Mate of mine in there has been to Heuston, Rio, Malaysia, Norway, and no doubt more in the last 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Knit wit

Good luck with the interview op. if u gave Longford county enterprise board a ring they might send u some info on the company.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Just as an aside whatever happened to the huge Burlington plant near Tarmonbarry that can be seen from the River Shannon and was built back in the 1970s?

Is there a new company there now?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Knit wit

Afaik a timber frame company set up there in part of it a few years back.not sure they are still there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭wolfeye

Nama have it up for sale now as far as i know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement