Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tuition Fees for Level 8 degree after completing Ord degree

• 27-11-2014 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi guys,

A bit of a grey area it seems, has anyone in WIT come up against the fee office claiming it is not deemed progression if entering year 1 of a Level 8 degree after completing an Ordinary degree.

I am considering going back to college next September but this would be impossible if I have to pay tuition.

Has anyone any direct experience with the above ?

Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Once you're moving up, you're moving up. If you qualify in every other way you should fine.

Is there no addon you could do quicker no?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭steven22

Once you're moving up, you're moving up. If you qualify in every other way you should fine.

Is there no addon you could do quicker no?

No, completely different discipline altogether. I heard that even if I don't avail of Free Fees SUSI will cover tuition. Awaiting a response from them. Its all confusing, especially when those in Grants offices give conflicting information to SUSI.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

steven22 wrote: »
    A bit of a grey area it seems, has anyone in WIT come up against the fee office claiming it is not deemed progression if entering year 1 of a Level 8 degree after completing an Ordinary degree.

This sounds correct (assuming you are starting in year one rather than doing an add on year 4).

You should have no fees in year 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Did you get sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭steven22

Yes, SUSI pays the tuition as I am ineligible under the Free Fees Initiative, it is deemed as progression as I have completed level 7 degree. If I did not complete the level 7 degree then it would not be deemed as progression and I would be liable for tuition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭pmrc

hi
    I have just finished my level 7 ord. degree. I am thinking of applying of the add on year to gain a level 8 degree. Did you apply to SUSI for you fees to paid. I did this 3 years ago and got my fees paid . What I am asking is do I have to reapply to SUSi from scratch?

Advertisement