General Deals: More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1] - Page 618 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Yesterday, 21:51   #9256
solataire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proco Jr. View Post
I bought €15 worth of groceries + €50 tesco gift voucher + €50 tesco gift voucher =€115

Used my €20 off a €100 shop aldi coupon, so total to pay was €95.

Sorry if I didnt explain it right

You never get discount off when buying gift vouchers anywhere, so I was lucky they accepted my aldi money off coupon.
thank you i m wrecked from over stocking so your post came at perfect time .. used aldi voucher today in tesco. i got 12 bottles wine in tesco (6 for 40 ) and 2 x 40 euro gift cards and no bother accepting my aldi voucher, my 12 bottles wine cost me 54 euro and teenage nephews sorted for christmas
Thanks from:
Advertisement
Yesterday, 22:07   #9257
sweetie

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1011 View Post
Not every Esso, nowhere close.

There are a limited number of stations - not just Essos (albeit most of them are) - that take them in lieu of Tesco-branded stations for where there aren't any. All listed here - http://www.tesco.ie/petrol/
nice one, a couple local to me
Yesterday, 23:01   #9258
borderlinemeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Conductor View Post
Wish they'd give the volume of the pot- as well as the diameter of it- what good is knowing its a 28cm diameter- if its only 10cm deep........?

Heatons online is abysmal, I just happened to see them there today and they're the exact same ones that are in Dunnes and Tesco, but cheaper. I was going to get one but it's too big to fit in my pot press, in fact it's too big for most standard cupboards that have shelving. It would have to live on top of the utility presses for 364 days of the year. It's reminiscent of the pot that used to sit on the cooker at home when I was a child as it was too big to go anywhere so never left the cooker top.
Thanks from:
Today, 07:06   #9259
The_Conductor
Dinosaur Train!

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlinemeath View Post
Heatons online is abysmal, I just happened to see them there today and they're the exact same ones that are in Dunnes and Tesco, but cheaper. I was going to get one but it's too big to fit in my pot press, in fact it's too big for most standard cupboards that have shelving. It would have to live on top of the utility presses for 364 days of the year. It's reminiscent of the pot that used to sit on the cooker at home when I was a child as it was too big to go anywhere so never left the cooker top.
Got one in Woodies yesterday- 50% off, and an additional 20% because of some weird text message on my phone. Its a 20 litre Prestige stock pot- and like yours- isn't going to fit in any cupboard in the house. Price 19.80 after the various discounts. Was going to go for Tesco one- but the quality of the Prestige tipped me in the other direction.
Today, 07:14   #9260
The_Conductor
Dinosaur Train!

Quote:
Originally Posted by masculinist View Post
by voucher , I mean the ''receipt'' printed out during other purchases. I can use these in Esso ? I never knew. it hasnt been publicised on the voucher or receipt itself...
Yes- the receipt printed out as a till spit- 5c a litre off when you spend 50 Euro, 10c a litre off when you spend 100 Euro.

Any of the Tescos that don't have their own filling station normally have a large banner outside advertising which of the 'local' stations take the Tesco vouchers. And no- its not all Essos........
Advertisement
Today, 08:02   #9261
cerastes

[QUOTE=shannon82;93530831]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerastes View Post
There are other stations as not everywhere has got tesco stations
http://www.tesco.ie/petrol/
I see, Palmerstown is on it but clondalkin 9th lock isnt?

Quote:
Its not all Essos- its selected service stations where Tesco don't have their own. You are right about their prices- they tend to be very competitive on a local basis- with a few outstanding examples- such as the Esso on the South Quays on the way out of Dublin- which can be up to 5-6c a litre cheaper than competitors. Most Tescos that don't have their own filling stations- will have banners outside them, advising which of the local stations take their fuel vouchers.
I think Lucan may mention something about the Maxol nearby previously, I dont see it on the list, Ive been throwing these till spits away mostly, I'd one on a noticeboard but it just expired yesterday, that'd have come in handy to top up the wifes car, another one that'll last for a while, I may as well use it up, orange light just came on. Suprised these are useable outside the Tesco stations, in particular as Tesco stations are not very keenly priced for a long time, they used to be. I suppose Esso Palmerstown is Tesco Lucans local station.

Quote:
Yes- the receipt printed out as a till spit- 5c a litre off when you spend 50 Euro, 10c a litre off when you spend 100 Euro.

Any of the Tescos that don't have their own filling station normally have a large banner outside advertising which of the 'local' stations take the Tesco vouchers. And no- its not all Essos........
Ive never seen these banners, I dont think it has been highly advertised, at least Lucan is on the list and I'll have to assume they know about it, not my usual, but I have gone there from time to time in the past and not too far, the 5cent off makes it seem worthwhile, but even on a full fill of 55lts which I never get, that'd be only 2.75 saving.
I dont buy my shopping in €100 buys so no 10cent off per litre, think I save more buying shopping in €40 buys and using €6 off vouchers per that spend, still I'll use it as I cant help myself. I'll really penny pinch and get pumps.ie out to compare the price per litre to be sure.

How long has this been going on for?

Last edited by cerastes; Today at 08:07.
Today, 08:30   #9262
L1011

Since November or earlier. Just used a spit from one of my 50-for-32 stacking trips to get fuel at an esso that was 7c cheaper than tesco to begin with. The clubcard points aren't worth that much!
Today, 12:29   #9263
cerastes

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1011 View Post
Since November or earlier. Just used a spit from one of my 50-for-32 stacking trips to get fuel at an esso that was 7c cheaper than tesco to begin with. The clubcard points aren't worth that much!
what?
Today, 12:34   #9264
Pipmae

Up to 50% off selected clothes in Millfield, Balbriggan.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion