Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

Wish they'd give the volume of the pot- as well as the diameter of it- what good is knowing its a 28cm diameter- if its only 10cm deep........?

You sound like my ex girlfriend, obsessing over the depth it reaches.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

by voucher , I mean the ''receipt'' printed out during other purchases. I can use these in Esso ? I never knew. it hasnt been publicised on the voucher or receipt itself...

Not every Esso, nowhere close.

There are a limited number of stations - not just Essos (albeit most of them are) - that take them in lieu of Tesco-branded stations for where there aren't any. All listed here - http://www.tesco.ie/petrol/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

dan185 wrote: »
    You sound like my ex girlfriend, obsessing over the depth it reaches.

And that dear Dan is why she's an ex girlfriend!

• Site Banned Posts: 180 ✭✭kellymick39

brightkane wrote: »
    And that dear Dan is why she's an ex girlfriend!

Get in there ROFL

• Registered Users Posts: 31 solataire

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    I bought €15 worth of groceries + €50 tesco gift voucher + €50 tesco gift voucher =€115

Used my €20 off a €100 shop aldi coupon, so total to pay was €95.

Sorry if I didnt explain it right :)

You never get discount off when buying gift vouchers anywhere, so I was lucky they accepted my aldi money off coupon.

thank you i m wrecked from over stocking so your post came at perfect time .. used aldi voucher today in tesco. i got 12 bottles wine in tesco (6 for 40 ) and 2 x 40 euro gift cards and no bother accepting my aldi voucher, my 12 bottles wine cost me 54 euro and teenage nephews sorted for christmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

L1011 wrote: »
    Not every Esso, nowhere close.

There are a limited number of stations - not just Essos (albeit most of them are) - that take them in lieu of Tesco-branded stations for where there aren't any. All listed here - http://www.tesco.ie/petrol/

nice one, a couple local to me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Wish they'd give the volume of the pot- as well as the diameter of it- what good is knowing its a 28cm diameter- if its only 10cm deep........?

Heatons online is abysmal, I just happened to see them there today and they're the exact same ones that are in Dunnes and Tesco, but cheaper. I was going to get one but it's too big to fit in my pot press, in fact it's too big for most standard cupboards that have shelving. It would have to live on top of the utility presses for 364 days of the year. It's reminiscent of the pot that used to sit on the cooker at home when I was a child as it was too big to go anywhere so never left the cooker top.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Heatons online is abysmal, I just happened to see them there today and they're the exact same ones that are in Dunnes and Tesco, but cheaper. I was going to get one but it's too big to fit in my pot press, in fact it's too big for most standard cupboards that have shelving. It would have to live on top of the utility presses for 364 days of the year. It's reminiscent of the pot that used to sit on the cooker at home when I was a child as it was too big to go anywhere so never left the cooker top.

Got one in Woodies yesterday- 50% off, and an additional 20% because of some weird text message on my phone. Its a 20 litre Prestige stock pot- and like yours- isn't going to fit in any cupboard in the house. Price 19.80 after the various discounts. Was going to go for Tesco one- but the quality of the Prestige tipped me in the other direction.

by voucher , I mean the ''receipt'' printed out during other purchases. I can use these in Esso ? I never knew. it hasnt been publicised on the voucher or receipt itself...

Yes- the receipt printed out as a till spit- 5c a litre off when you spend 50 Euro, 10c a litre off when you spend 100 Euro.

Any of the Tescos that don't have their own filling station normally have a large banner outside advertising which of the 'local' stations take the Tesco vouchers. And no- its not all Essos........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

shannon82 wrote: »
    cerastes wrote: »
    There are other stations as not everywhere has got tesco stations
    http://www.tesco.ie/petrol/

I see, Palmerstown is on it but clondalkin 9th lock isnt?
    Its not all Essos- its selected service stations where Tesco don't have their own. You are right about their prices- they tend to be very competitive on a local basis- with a few outstanding examples- such as the Esso on the South Quays on the way out of Dublin- which can be up to 5-6c a litre cheaper than competitors. Most Tescos that don't have their own filling stations- will have banners outside them, advising which of the local stations take their fuel vouchers.

I think Lucan may mention something about the Maxol nearby previously, I dont see it on the list, Ive been throwing these till spits away mostly, I'd one on a noticeboard but it just expired yesterday, that'd have come in handy to top up the wifes car, another one that'll last for a while, I may as well use it up, orange light just came on. Suprised these are useable outside the Tesco stations, in particular as Tesco stations are not very keenly priced for a long time, they used to be. I suppose Esso Palmerstown is Tesco Lucans local station.
    Yes- the receipt printed out as a till spit- 5c a litre off when you spend 50 Euro, 10c a litre off when you spend 100 Euro.

Any of the Tescos that don't have their own filling station normally have a large banner outside advertising which of the 'local' stations take the Tesco vouchers. And no- its not all Essos........

Ive never seen these banners, I dont think it has been highly advertised, at least Lucan is on the list and I'll have to assume they know about it, not my usual, but I have gone there from time to time in the past and not too far, the 5cent off makes it seem worthwhile, but even on a full fill of 55lts which I never get, that'd be only 2.75 saving.
    I dont buy my shopping in €100 buys so no 10cent off per litre, think I save more buying shopping in €40 buys and using €6 off vouchers per that spend, still I'll use it as I cant help myself. I'll really penny pinch and get pumps.ie out to compare the price per litre to be sure.

How long has this been going on for?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Since November or earlier. Just used a spit from one of my 50-for-32 stacking trips to get fuel at an esso that was 7c cheaper than tesco to begin with. The clubcard points aren't worth that much!

L1011 wrote: »
    Since November or earlier. Just used a spit from one of my 50-for-32 stacking trips to get fuel at an esso that was 7c cheaper than tesco to begin with. The clubcard points aren't worth that much!

what?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Up to 50% off selected clothes in Millfield, Balbriggan.

what?

8 euro Clubcard 8 off 50 voucher, 10 euro Aldi voucher. Self checkouts to make sure they don't refuse to take both...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Probably in all of the bigger stores (Naas had one left today) but these Pyrex dishes with lid are 42c

How long has this been going on for?

Since some time in September- and it was on for 3 weeks in July- before being discontinued. The current ruin is supposed to end on Christmas Eve (though they're not advertising this).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,654 ✭✭✭brian_t

The current ruin is supposed to end on Christmas Eve (though they're not advertising this).

According to the 'tesco petrol' link you gave the promotion runs til Sunday 1st February 2015

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

joe316 wrote: »
    Probably in all of the bigger stores (Naas had one left today) but these Pyrex dishes with lid are 42c

Another pyrex roaster dish (with two smaller ones packed in) is scanning at €3.56!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Wow lots of actual tesco bargains

Since some time in September- and it was on for 3 weeks in July- before being discontinued. The current ruin is supposed to end on Christmas Eve (though they're not advertising this).

I hadnt realised they advertised it at all, hadnt heard of it, but thankfully the signs were on the pumps in an esso I went to today, even though it was on the list in the link posted, I was sure Id be explaining it at the till.
    Very little saving in it, but if you're passing, why not.
    More to be saved on food using vouchers or on spending a specific amount.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭degsie

Can anyone get the links to open on tesco.ie/petrol? Doesn't work for me in Chrome or IE :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Pipmae

degsie wrote: »
    Can anyone get the links to open on tesco.ie/petrol? Doesn't work for me in Chrome or IE :(

Not sure what you're looking for but here are the list of 'other' stations accepting the Tesco vouchers. I copied and pasted it from that link.

Top Oil, Staplestown Road, Carlow
    Great Gas, Turners Cross, Cork
    Sweeney's Top Oil, Ramelton Road, Letterkenny, Co Donegal
    Esso Martello, Strand Road, Sandymount, Dublin 4
    Esso Ashtown, Navan Road, M50 Bound, Ashtown, Dublin 15
    Esso Balrothery, Tallaght By Pass, Tallaght, Dublin 24
    Esso Tymon Castle, Greenhills Road, Tallaght, Dublin 24
    Esso Parkway East, Chapelizod Bypass (Dublin Bound) Palmerstown, Dublin 20
    Esso Parkway West, Chapelizod Bypass (Galway Bound), Palmerstown, Dublin 20
    Scanlans Texaco, Dublin Street, Balbriggan, Co. Dublin
    Esso Eglington, Cabinteely, Ballybrack, Co. Dublin
    Esso Centenary, Cabinteely, Ballybrack, Co. Dublin
    Esso West Pier, Old Dun Leary Road, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin
    Sweeney Oil, Moycullen, Galway
    Sweeney Oil, Claregalway Road, Oranmore, Co. Galway
    Sweeney Oil, Headford Road, Galway
    Joe O'Connor's Esso, Rathass, Tralee, Co. Kerry
    Topaz, Sallins Road, Naas, Co. Kildare
    Dee’s Topaz, Killarney Road, Newcastle West, Co. Limerick
    Kennedy's Topaz, Dublin Road, Carrick-On-Shannon, Co. Leitrim
    Esso Trim Road, Trim Road, Navan, Co. Meath
    Mullen's Esso, Bundoran Road, Sligo
    Mulrooney's Texaco, Dublin Road, Roscrea, Co. Tipperary
    Mulrooney's Texaco, Brooklands, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary
    Doyles Topaz, Carnew road, Gorey, Co. Wexford
    Esso Beechwood, Dublin Road, Bray, Co. Wicklow
    Esso Rathdown, Rathdown Road, Greystones, Co. Wicklow
    Campus, Wicklow town, Co. Wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

Got one in Woodies yesterday- 50% off, and an additional 20% because of some weird text message on my phone. Its a 20 litre Prestige stock pot- and like yours- isn't going to fit in any cupboard in the house. Price 19.80 after the various discounts. Was going to go for Tesco one- but the quality of the Prestige tipped me in the other direction.
    What are dimensions of the one you got at Woodies? I saw the ones at Heatons but don't like that it's aluminium. Maybe the Woodie's one is aluminium too.

leck wrote: »
    What are dimensions of the one you got at Woodies? I saw the ones at Heatons but don't like that it's aluminium. Maybe the Woodie's one is aluminium too.

57cm tall (its quite ridiculously tall)
    20cm diameter
    Capacity 18 litres
    Stainless steel exterior (no idea about the interior- it doesn't say)
    Nice glass lid and bakelite handles.
    Apparently its ovenproof up to 180c- though good luck finding an oven it'll fit in......

Make = Prestige

• Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Do you remember a time when Tesco Bargains thread actually had Tesco Bargains, me neither. :(

Picked up some Evian 2ltr bottles of water yesterday 2 for €2 in Tesco, will come in handy for Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭clairek6

This fake champagne/sparkling wine marked at 18.99 on shelf scanning at 12.99 ballinasloe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Asus memo pad 7" marked 151 scanning at 109

Teknika Bluetooth speaker model BT 1302 marked 27.99 scanning 9.99

Up to half price on selected kitchen bathroom and bedroom stuff

At Tesco Nenagh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Kalani Alive Giraffe

Picked one up in clearwater thanks. The last one in woodies glasnevin was damaged.

• Site Banned Posts: 180 ✭✭kellymick39

Few boxes of those half price McVities biscuits left in Tesco Balbriggan if anyone is interested,also some christmas lights and decorations reduced to half price.I also got 2 more Rolson torches this morning,they were 3 of them sitting down on the section where the hardware,plugs and lightbulbs are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭rameire

this was posted elsewhere
    I also picked up a Keter 320 litre plastic composting bin for 3 euro this morning in Tesco,reduced from 49 euro.

compost bin for 3.50

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement