Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Business management

• 22-11-2014 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Just wondering can anybody indicate what the course fees for the 4 year Business Management degree course are?
    Also how exactly does the payment work, does it have to be a full up front payment or can you pay in installments?

Any information in this regard is much appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Are you coming in on the CAO from the leaving cert? Or mature student or other?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

Are you coming in on the CAO from the leaving cert? Or mature student or other?

Would be as a mature student.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

Anybody actually do the 4 years degree course in Business Management? What is the course like?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Can't seem to find any info on the fees but I know you can pay them in two installments with the second being in January. Student contribution is also €2500 a year.

dobbs2210 wrote: »
    Anybody actually do the 4 years degree course in Business Management? What is the course like?

i done it as an add on in 4th year last year. Graduated recently. Its quite an interesting course in my opinion.

The mandatory subjects in 4th year were: Dissertation (Thesis), International Business, Strategic Management and Corporate Governance/Business Ethics (2 separate Semesterised subjects),

Then you have the choice of two of the following

Business Information Systems 2
    Industrial Relations
    International Economics
    E-Business
    Enterprise 2
    Corporate Finance
    French 4 or German 4

Come to think of it even when i did the three years prior under other course titles, we had many of the same subjects in common which ive highlighted in bold

Year 1

Mandatory Subjects
    Financial Accounting 1
    Quantitative Techniques
    Economics 1
    Management

Business Applications 1

Plus One Elective:
    Writing, Presentation and Research Skills
    French 1 or German 1
    Business Psychology

Year 2

Mandatory Subjects
    Management Accounting
    Business Applications 2
    Business Law
    Marketing * ( would have actually done this in 1st year office management instead of french)

Plus Two Electives:

Supply Chain Management OR Human Resource Management
    And One Other:
    Economics 2
    French 2 or German 2
    Financial Accounting 2

Year 3

Mandatory Subjects
    Business Research Methods
    Organisational Behaviour
    Operations Management
    Business Finance

Plus Two Electives:

Strategic HRM
    Enterprise 1
    Business Information Systems 1
    Managerial Economics

*Business English/Project
    Selling and Sales Management
    French 3 or German 3

Very little difference between all of the business courses tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 jackg101

anyone know if you do bachelor's of business course do they teach basic business to u in first year?

jackg101 wrote: »
    anyone know if you do bachelor's of business course do they teach basic business to u in first year?

Accounting is pretty basic in first year as is Economics. If your keen and interested you should fly first year with little hassle to be honest. I absolutely loved first year.

I'd imagine you'd need no previous business knowledge going into the course.

I'd imagine you'd need no previous business knowledge going into the course.

Never even done business all the way through secondary school myself. Took to it like a duck to water.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

dobbs2210 wrote: »

handy hours, handy classes - especially if you pick writing as the elective. first year is easy cant say about the rest

• Advertisement
Advertisement