Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mature student application Business management

Options
  • 23-10-2014 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Hi, can anybody give me some guidance as to how best make an application to Carlow IT as a mature student for the Business Management 4 year course. How do I go through the correct application process. What are my chances of getting accepted as a mature student or are the majority of the places put aside for cao applicants?
    It's been 20 years since I was last in an education setting so don't really know where to start. Also when is the cut off date for applications to commence the course in 2015. Any tips or advice is much appreciated in advance.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 208 ✭✭Alfreado

dobbs2210 wrote: »
    Hi, can anybody give me some guidance as to how best make an application to Carlow IT as a mature student for the Business Management 4 year course. How do I go through the correct application process. What are my chances of getting accepted as a mature student or are the majority of the places put aside for cao applicants?
    It's been 20 years since I was last in an education setting so don't really know where to start. Also when is the cut off date for applications to commence the course in 2015. Any tips or advice is much appreciated in advance.

It's a degree course is it? Has to go through the cao, regardless of mature status. A lot of the form would be irrelevant obviously. I went in as a mature student, there was plenty of mature students in my class, some in their 50's and only starting so don't be put off

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

Alfreado wrote: »
    It's a degree course is it? Has to go through the cao, regardless of mature status. A lot of the form would be irrelevant obviously. I went in as a mature student, there was plenty of mature students in my class, some in their 50's and only starting so don't be put off

Thanks a million for that information. yes it's a degree course. And how do I organise a CAO application as a mature student? Do you know when is the deadline? I'm planning to attend the open day in November.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,262 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

According to the CAO website the closing date is Feb 1st next year.

You'll be able to apply via the CAO website from November 5th, process is pretty straight forward from there they'll direct you on what your next steps are.

https://www.cao.ie/apply.php

Advertisement