Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leo Varadkar just a puppet on strings for the government?

• 25-06-2012 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Leo Varadkar just a puppet on strings for the government?
    Does anybody else think that Leo varadkar is just a puppet for the government who is let out of the box now and again?
    For example during the stability treaty campaign he was put back in to the box and for week’s we did not hear from him.
    I taught he would be good in government, but can anybody name one thing he had done for this county since he became a minister?
    Yes he is all talk but that is it
    Enda, it is time for a reshuffle and I am afraid Leo must be the first to be sacked

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Why should he be sacked? Give specifics?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭galway2007

godtabh wrote: »
    Why should he be sacked? Give specifics?
    what has he done??????????????
    He was all talk and i ask again what has he done as a minister to get this county working again???????????

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭marozz

I wouldn't say he's a puppet on a string. He's always on the box, no matter what the subject is and doesn't always follow the party line. He comes accross as a very ambitious politician who would jump at the chance to become party leader .

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭galway2007

marozz wrote: »
    I wouldn't say he's a puppet on a string. He's always on the box, no matter what the subject is and doesn't always follow the party line. He comes accross as a very ambitious politician who would jump at the chance to become party leader .
    But why was he missing for weeks before the stability treaty??
    I would think FG knew he was a liability and he was but back in his box

You could say the same about Enda Kenny - where was he for the weeks leading up to the stability treaty?? In fact most of FG/Lab crowd kept a low profile and did their best to avoid any confrontation with the no camp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

galway2007 wrote: »
    But why was he missing for weeks before the stability treaty??
    I would think FG knew he was a liability and he was but back in his box

I think it's Hogan (who was conspicuously absent during the campaign) you're referring to. Leo was one of the ones that was sent on a few referendum "debates".

antoobrien wrote: »
    I think it's Hogan (who was conspicuously absent during the campaign) you're referring to. Leo was one of the ones that was sent on a few referendum "debates".
    Spot on!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭screamer

I'd say poor old Leo is more of a toe dipper than puppet. He delivers some news which is controversial, see what the reaction is, and then the big noises come out to totally refute what he said. Poor Leo, I seem to remember he made some comments about Enda in the run up to the vote of no confidence in him as the leader of FG, and I think this is his penance. I'd post what I remember, but without having it verbatim, and also, without a source, I can't post it, but he said it on Vincent Browne's show I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

:D I like how the OP might have gotten Hogan and Leo mixed up.

OP, not really a fan of Leo Varadkar but he is Minister of Transport but did you even look up articles or the Department of Transport website before ranting?

http://www.thejournal.ie/search/leo%20varadkar/
    http://www.dttas.ie/pressReleasesList.aspx

Press releases from the department and articles from The Journal with Leo Varadkar as the search term.

Is there anything specifically you are accusing him of?

Have you checked recent debates to see if anything in his remit has come up?

http://debates.oireachtas.ie/dail/2012/

Sorry, but it sounds like you are just ranting, are you saying he has done nothing in regards Transport?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

He was all talk and i ask again what has he done as a minister to get this county working again???????????

If this was a debate I'd be voting against you. No argument. No substances.

You might not like him but you havent put forward any argument as to why he should be dropped from his portfolio.

He was not what I would consider a typical "whipped" politician. He often speaks about things he shouldn't from a government point of view but what the public needs to hear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

What have any of them done ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Hogan was hidden away, Varadkar was highly visible, butdid screw up though with his talk of referenda being undemocratic.

Seems to be doing his job OK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

MOD NOTE:

OK, the OP is little more than a rant, and any hope of this turning into an actual rational discussion - and repeatedly posting 'what have they done??????' does not constitute discussion - are clearly not coming to fruition.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement