Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to get Tofu/Seitan/Tempeh in Cork?

• 19-05-2012 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Just wondering where in Cork City or the surrounding areas I can get the above? Seems impossible to find!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 87 ✭✭Serendipity99

Hiya,
    You can get tofu in some of the health shops. I usually shop in Here's Health at Douglas Court and they nearly always have tofu there. You can also buy tofu at CX Oriental which has now moved from its original location on the Tramore Road - it's now connected to the garage that is located at the traffic lights at the Woodies DIY end of the Tramore Road.

Tempeh - you can get frozen tempeh at the Quay Co-op in Sullivan's Quay (the one in the city centre), possibly also in the Carrigaline store.

Not sure about Seitan though - haven't seen it, but haven't really been on the lookout either. I'll let you know if I see some anywhere.

btw - don't forget the 'Cork Vegans Meetup group' if you're a veg*n in Cork:
    http://www.meetup.com/Cork-Vegans/

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I got seitan in the Quay Co-op I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭tonsiltickler

Guys thanks for this; i didn't even think of CX tbh, its really close to me. I'll be going to the city this weekend too so I'll try the Co-op. New to the vegetarian thing, trying to have as much variety as possible.

Advertisement