Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Snow Patrol & Florence And The Machine - Phoenix Park

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 user45

Anyone else still waiting for tickets to arrive? I've been trying to ring customer service all day and I'm being put on hold for half an hour at a time which is a disaster! I'm worried at this stage when I see people receiving theirs since April! I bought mine in the presale!
    Does anyone else know of any other numbers besides the given 0818 903 001

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

user45 wrote: »
    Anyone else still waiting for tickets to arrive? I've been trying to ring customer service all day and I'm being put on hold for half an hour at a time which is a disaster! I'm worried at this stage when I see people receiving theirs since April! I bought mine in the presale!
    Does anyone else know of any other numbers besides the given 0818 903 001

I got mine this morning, only ordered last week off ticketmaster. Was going to call them later on if they werent here today as I got email from them yesterday with concert info and to contact them if tickets not there yet.

Worst comes to worse they will cancel the tickets issued and have you collect reissued ones at the box office at the concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭lc180

zuluchio wrote: »
    Saw this on MusicScene, claims to be official

15:00 – Gates Open
    15:30 – Here We Go Magic
    16:15 – We Are Augustines
    17:00 – Bressie
    18:00 – The Temper Trap
    19:30 – Florence & The Machine
    21:15 – Snow Patrol

Been waiting ages to see We Are Augustines come to Dublin, kinda surprised to see them on this bill. Nice added bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

zuluchio wrote: »
    Saw this on MusicScene, claims to be official

15:00 – Gates Open
    15:30 – Here We Go Magic
    16:15 – We Are Augustines
    17:00 – Bressie
    18:00 – The Temper Trap
    19:30 – Florence & The Machine
    21:15 – Snow Patrol

MCD saying HWGM are on at 15.15.

They had the times wrong for Stone Roses, and had Original Rudeboys being on first on the Saturday. Can't see these being legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 George..

Booked to stay in Cassidy's hotel Parnell Square...didn't realise the concert will be over so late & that public transport finishes around 11/11.30!!

Any advice on how to get back to the hotel after the concert? Not that familiar with Dublin at all!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

George.. wrote: »
    Booked to stay in Cassidy's hotel Parnell Square...didn't realise the concert will be over so late & that public transport finishes around 11/11.30!!

Any advice on how to get back to the hotel after the concert? Not that familiar with Dublin at all!

Walk to either Heuston Station or The Museum stop and get on the luas and get off at either Jervis or Abbey St and walk to your hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 6 FreddyFried

Check the 120 bus times. It goes from ashtown to Parnell, max 20min walk from the concert if u go out ashtown gate. Or u can take the train back to Connolly station from there either

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Velocity_Girl

Anyone going to the afterparty in The Academy? Jonny & Tom from Snow Patrol will be DJing. Hope The Academy don't mind people showing up in wellies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Any idea what price drink will be at this? I don't mean to come across as an alcoholic :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Any idea what price drink will be at this? I don't mean to come across as an alcoholic :pac:

Taking a guess it will be about €6 a plastic pint.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Anyone going to the afterparty in The Academy? Jonny & Tom from Snow Patrol will be DJing. Hope The Academy don't mind people showing up in wellies!

Could you bring a bag to change and put your wellies in?

Not sure The Academy would be thrilled to see people show up with muddy wellies on haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dafne_7

Anybody bringing a camera to the gig? They say no cameras but wonder how strict can it be?

Ugh definitely have to smuggle in a cheeky naggin :L

Check the 120 bus times. It goes from ashtown to Parnell, max 20min walk from the concert if u go out ashtown gate. Or u can take the train back to Connolly station from there either

Thanks! Was looking at the timetable there though and last bus is at 11.30! I would imagine the concert won't finish to 11, surely that service won't be able to cope with that demand? Worried about getting stranded after it now! Think the Luas stops at 11ish aswell?

Thanks! Was looking at the timetable there though and last bus is at 11.30! I would imagine the concert won't finish to 11, surely that service won't be able to cope with that demand? Worried about getting stranded after it now! Think the Luas stops at 11ish aswell?

I you're staying in town just get a taxi. Especially if there's a few of you going. The maximum it'll be is about 30 quid.

Dafne_7 wrote: »
    Anybody bringing a camera to the gig? They say no cameras but wonder how strict can it be?

I've often brought digital camera to gigs and never had them taken off me or refused entry.

With the advances with mobile phones they can't really police the no camera rules anyway,sure just look at how many hands will be up in the air recording throughout the gig.

Just noticed on the Luas website there aswell that Heuston Stop will be closed after the concert, you have to go to Museum stop.

I you're staying in town just get a taxi. Especially if there's a few of you going. The maximum it'll be is about 30 quid.

Doyou think there will be many available? Sorry to be so clueless but is there any particular place you should go after leaving the concert to get one?

Doyou think there will be many available? Sorry to be so clueless but is there any particular place you should go after leaving the concert to get one?

I'm sure they'll all be queueing (not sure how to spell that :L) outside gagging for the fare :L
    alternatively you could just order one: 8202020 will probably be your best bet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

with regards photo equipment they really don't care unless its a professional looking one, or a video camera.

you can't really get much for a crappy recording or some blurred pics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Velocity_Girl

I emailed The Academy about wearing wellies for the afterparty and the girl who replied back said there would be no problem at all getting in with them. Phew!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ElephantStone

Usually doesn't finish until 12, the fact there's a concert on too will probably mean they'll put extra trams on. Hopefully anyway.

There are shuttle buses put on for gigs, was on an email or something that i got
    Concert Shuttle Bus
    A shuttle bus service will operate for all concerts from Custom House Quay in the City Centre direct to the Phoenix Park. The shuttle bus services will start one hour before Gates Open time each day and depart immediately after each concert. Cost is E7 return up to 24 hours in advance of each concert from http://www.bushiredublin.net/ or E5 single and E9 return on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 silentmovies

Hey people just wonering if anyone know about buses leaving from either Tipperary or Cork for Sunday gig! thanks :]

Hey people just wonering if anyone know about buses leaving from either Tipperary or Cork for Sunday gig! thanks :]

Your best bet is to get a Bus Eireann bus to Dublin and then get a Luas to Heuston station and walk from there to the gig :)

lockie1983 wrote: »
    Your best bet is to get a Bus Eireann bus to Dublin and then get a Luas to Heuston station and walk from there to the gig :)

try your local music store they might run a bus but other than that it'll be bus eireann/other and you rely on their times not the gig ones

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭The House Of Wolves

If you guys are relying on public transport, try these fellas: http://irishconcerttravel.ie/
    They've saved my life here, was terrified that the public transport would be closed because it's a Sunday!
    Fairly cheap as well. (I'm not giving them a promo or anything, I'm sure there are more out there, it's just the ones that I know.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Looks like I may be attending the afterparty:D

I see that tickets are available for the after party. Is it essential to have a ticket or can you buy in at the door?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Does anyone have any idea on the best way to get to Galway/Mayo/Roscommon after the gig? Are there buses from the gig to Galway or anything like there sometimes are for gigs at the 02?

Or, what's the best way to get into town so I can work out a bus or something from there?

Advertisement