Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tattooist in Crete?

Options
  • 01-07-2012 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭

I know this is a long shot but I'm going on holidays to Crete next week (Hersonnisos) and I really want to get a tattoo while I'm there.

Does anyone know of a reputable place to go, or would I be better off getting it at home?

I got my last one done in Portugal, it turned out lovely and I was really happy with it which is why I'd be inclined to get it abroad.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Rich11

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    I know this is a long shot but I'm going on holidays to Crete next week (Hersonnisos) and I really want to get a tattoo while I'm there.

Does anyone know of a reputable place to go, or would I be better off getting it at home?

I got my last one done in Portugal, it turned out lovely and I was really happy with it which is why I'd be inclined to get it abroad.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks :)

dont be drunk and get something stupid:rolleyes:........... if its that kind of drink filled holiday:pac:...........love them:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I was over there a few weeks back, stayed in Gouves but went up to Hersonnisis.

Don't recall seeing any tattoists there but there definitely was one in Malia.

Just be careful, ya know not to stay out in the sun wit a new Tat, personally i wouldn't get one done abroad, ya never know the standards/cleanliness of the artist.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Definitely won't be something stupid, I'll hopefully be getting something I've planned for about a year now.

One of the lads my OH is friends with got "#YOLO" tattooed onto his ass a few weeks ago in Turkey, he's such a gob****e :rolleyes:

Thanks, I'll check Malia out. If I'm getting it done it won't be till the very last day before I go home anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

bizarre logic that because you got a tattoo you're happy with in Portugal you think the same will happen everywhere away.
    I personally wouldn't get a tattoo from a random shop while away, only if I had a particular artist I wanted to tattoo me, and had been to see them and discussed it with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

dearg lady wrote: »
    bizarre logic that because you got a tattoo you're happy with in Portugal you think the same will happen everywhere away.
    I personally wouldn't get a tattoo from a random shop while away, only if I had a particular artist I wanted to tattoo me, and had been to see them and discussed it with them.

^ This. Unless you happen across an amazing artist, I'd not chance it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Do your homework BEFORE you go.It is possible to find a good artist thats a fair bit cheaper than over here but only if you do your research first.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

dearg lady wrote: »

No, what I meant was that I'm no more weary of using tattooists in foreign countries than I am of using the ones here.

Thanks for the advice :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    No, what I meant was that I'm no more weary of using tattooists in foreign countries than I am of using the ones here.

Why??

There is zero regulation here for tattooing or piercings.Some countries in Europe are regulated and as such in theory should be safer than a tattooist over here.

Use your common sense...if a place looks dodgy then turn around and leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

I'm Just back from Crete. While staying there I was talking to the owner of the Hotel we were in about tattoos/ tattoo studios and I was told that there are 3 studios in Heraklion. 1 is owned by a Dutch guy.....avoid (her words, not mine) the second is owned by a Greek, nice guy but can't draw (again, I quote) the third is the one the locals use, he's English and is the best, although she rated my tattoos which are all Irish/English done as better than his best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 YIFATZILBER

CAN YOU PLEASE WRITE THE DATAILS OF THE PLACE YOU GOT THE TATOO? I AM GOING TO CRETE IN 3 DAYS AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE

• Advertisement
Advertisement