Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seriously need inspiration - Wife's 2nd anniversary gift

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

You don't have to stick with the traditional gifts. What sort of budget are you thinking?

How about buying her a dress? If you've ever seen her eyeing up a specific dress I think that would be a lovely gift, there may not be cotton in it but close enough in my opinion. Wrap it up nicely and put it in a pretty box.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 sconry

I guess my budget is about 40 / 45 ish euro. Maybe 50? I don't think I could buy her a dress. I know she'd want to try it on first and then it wouldn't be a surprise. I was thinking that I work in town so I could just pop into Clerys or Arnotts and pick up a pillow case or something? What do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Personally I wouldn't like to receive a pillow case as a gift, but we're all different. She can always exchange the dress for a different size if it doesn't fit.

Along the lines of your idea what about a personalised cushion of some sort? Maybe get a line from the song you first danced to at your wedding embroidered into it? Not sure where in the country you are but there's usually some sort of personalising station in most shopping centres.

For example http://www.ilac.ie/store/stitch-name/ this is in the Ilac Centre in Dublin City. But no doubt those type of places are all over the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The cushion idea is great. You can get nice personalised ones on sites like this.

Advertisement