Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain of 2011 - Leffe Blonde 750ml €1.50

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

kingtut wrote: »
    Hell no Leffe is in a league of its own! Chimay just cannot compete.

Duvel is like liquid sex, thankfully I have an everlasting supply :D

Thems fightin' words! Don't get me wrong.. I LOVE leffe... my wife and i put on a dubious french accent when we have one, "Oh Leffe, I love you!"

That said, Chimay is definitely superior but pay attention to the label.. there's the dubbel (red) , tripel (white), and grand reserve (blue). IMHO the tripel is the best of the lot with many layers of complex flavours. I treat it like a fine port, savour every sip, and generally have just one! What a different beer/style to try and compare to a belgian blonde like Leffe (to which Duvel is more similar and again superior).

Don't get me started, I brew my own so you're dealing with a beer nerd.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

newkie wrote: »
    Thems fightin' words! Don't get me wrong.. I LOVE leffe... my wife and i put on a dubious french accent when we have one, "Oh Leffe, I love you!"

That said, Chimay is definitely superior but pay attention to the label.. there's the dubbel (red) , tripel (white), and grand reserve (blue). IMHO the tripel is the best of the lot with many layers of complex flavours. I treat it like a fine port, savour every sip, and generally have just one! What a different beer/style to try and compare to a belgian blonde like Leffe (to which Duvel is more similar and again superior).

Pedantic hat on, Is Leffe not Flemish?
    I'm open to correction on this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

amiable wrote: »
    Pedantic hat on, Is Leffe not Flemish?
    I'm open to correction on this :)

And here it is, the original abbey was in Namur in Waloonia (not Flemish). btw, i'm not this big of a beer nerd, i did have to use wikipedia! :D

But in reality it is mass-produced by Anheuser–Busch InBev (unlike Chimay which is one of a handful of trappist beers).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

And here it is, the original abbey was in Namur in Waloonia (not Flemish). btw, i'm not this big of a beer nerd, i did have to use wikipedia! :D

But in reality it is mass-produced by Anheuser–Busch InBev (unlike Chimay which is one of a handful of trappist beers).
    You'll have to try it in your Belgian/French accent next time :p

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭spunk_monkey

picked up the last 5 in dundrum tonight, thanks op:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭RayCon

picked up the last 5 in dundrum tonight, thanks op:)

Phew - at least someone else found some... I was getting worried people would think I was spoofin ;) Enjoy

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

None in Ennis this evening :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Blanche De Namur is also a fantasic beer, really tasty.

The Duvel Brewery is in Puurs in Belgium, its only an hour and a half drive from my house.

Driving there was disgusting, 8 yoyos for a tour and all the beer you could drink at the end + a free gift of 3 bottles of Maredsous and a Glass.

I was almost crying watching my G/F and my mate lashing into free La Chouffe and Mc Chouffe + Duvel and Vedett.

They were hammered going back in the Car.

This post has brought back the sad memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭spunk_monkey

RayCon wrote: »
    Phew - at least someone else found some... I was getting worried people would think I was spoofin ;) Enjoy

forgot to say..the ones I got were not the blonde, but the brune variety..which suits me as already picked up 20 bottles of paulaner @ 1 euro a bottle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭madanall

got the last 12 Leffe in Gorey........1.20 each after staff discount...SWEET

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

and I spent the last year working in the Leffe brewery )operated by AB Inbev) :cool:
    still helping them from abroad in fact, beat that lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

picked up the last 17 bottles of leffe (33cl) in tesco wilton on thurs.. for the grand sum of €17

Advertisement