Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Notes etc. - Do not post copyright material

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Examking

I was wondering could someone look at 2010 geography , question 5c it's about why there is coniferous forestry there . And any tips for calculating sea area ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Lor1963

Examking wrote: »
    I was wondering could someone look at 2010 geography , question 5c it's about why there is coniferous forestry there . And any tips for calculating sea area ?

Count the boxes and the ones that are more than a half a box are also included but not the ones that are less than a box :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Lor1963

Is there any point in learning An Tigh Nua and Subh Milis? Are there any themes in An Tigh Nua that aren't also in Subh Milis? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭IrishLoriii

Everyone seems certain The bog will come up so heres my notes on it for Geography-5% of Ireland covered by peat bogs. Board Na Mona set up in 1946 to develop the peat industry, greatly speeded up the exploitation of bogs. Exploits raised bogs that have lots of turf.

Exploited midland bogs past and present-
    Step 1. Bogs prepared, they are drained and leveled and supplied with railway tracks
    Step2. Peat harvested
    Step3. Peat transported from bog
    Step4. Processed peat is marketed

Step 1- Most bogs have 95% water content. A special drainage machine called a ditcher makes drainage lines through the bog. The bog gets dry and firm. Graders level the bog suface. This makes it easier for big harvesting machines to do work later on. Heavy tractors lay down railway tracks. This is to carry harvested peat.

Step 2- Harvesting peat- The peat is harvested to milled peat. The mill scrapes half a cm of peat from the bog surface and tears it to tiny bits. Milled peat is left to dry usually being turned over by a barrow. The dry milled peat is gathered into small ridges by ridges and then into larger ridges by harvesters.

Step 3- Transporting peat- Each bog has its railway line so turf trains carry peat to power stations

Step 4- Using processed Peat- Large goes of milled peat is usedto generate electricty, Its also compressedto make peat briquettes. Moss peat is lighter peat found at the top of a bog. Small bits of sod peat is sold as household peat.

Future use of bogs- How much of the remaining raised bogs should be used up or preserved?? What should be done with used up bogs?

What to do about cut away bogs-
    Used to grow coniferous trees. These are then harvested to raw materials for a roof beans. Cutaway bogs near the river shannon is preserved as swampy wetlands. Cut away bogs is used for wind farms. These are located on them, they wouldnt create noise pollution either!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 MariaW4794

Anyone have any good english essays or irish essays that they could email me? :) Thanks and PM me if you can :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭IceCreamGirl

RoRo979 wrote: »
    i have lots of notes on both, could you please tell me exactly what you want i will do them

im dying for 'To Kill A Mocking Bird' notes please.
    just anything, or everything important.
    quotes.

please
    :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭lynchy101

Does anyone have notes for the 1916 rising?

In Irish if you have them,if not English please.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭IrishLoriii

To the person looking for To Kill A Mockingbird notes-

Plot summary- Scout finch lives with her brother Jem and there widowed father Atticus Finch in the sleepy Alabama town of Maycomb.

Maycomb is suffering through the great depression but atticus is a great lawyer so the Finch family is reasonabley well off in comparison to the rest of society.

One summer, jem and scout befriend a boy named Dill. Dill has come to live with his aunty in there neighbourhood for the summer and the trio acts out stories together. Eventually, Dill becomes fascinated with the spooky house on their street called The Radley Place. The house is owned by Mr Nathan Radley whose brother Arthur (Boo) has lived there for years without venturing outside.

Scout goes to school for the first time that autumn and detests it. SHe and Jem find gifts apparently left for them in a knothole of a tree on the radley property. Dill returns the following summer and he,scout and Jem begin to act out the story of Boo Radley.

Atticus puts a stop to their antics urging the children to try to see life from another persons perspective before making judgements. But,on Dills last night in Maycomb foor the summer the three sneak onto the radley property where Nathan Radley shoots at them.

Jem loses his pants in the escape, when he returns for them they have been mended and hung over the fence waiting for him. The next winter jem and scout find more presents in the tree presumabley left by Boo. Nathan radley plugs up the tree hole with cement. Shortly after there is a fire on the street and during the fire someone flips a blanket on scouts shoulders as she watchs the blaze. She is convinced its Boo and Jem tells Atticus about the presents and trousers.

To the dismay of Maycombs white racist community Atticus agrees to defend a black man named Tom Robinson. He has been accused of raping a white woman. Jem and Scout are subjected to abuse from the other children because atticus is defending tom. When they celebrate christmas with there family there cousin gets at them too. When Calpurnia the finchs cook takes them to the black church they are welcomed with warmth.

Atticus's sister Alexandra comes to live with the finchs the next summer. Dill,who is supposed to be living with his father in a new town runs away and comes to live with them. Tom Robinson's trial begins and when he is put into a jail a mob trys to attack him. Atticus faces down the mob. Jem and Scout who have sneaked out of the house join him.S cout recognises one of the men and shames him into leaving by asking questions about his son.

At the trial, the children sit in the coloured balcony. Atticus provides clear evidence to show tom didnt rape Mayella Ewell and shes lying. He shows impressive evidence and proves it was her father that bet and raped her.

The all white jury convicts Tom despite all of this. Tom tryes to escape from prison and is shot. Jems faith in justice is shaken and he lapses into a state of doubt.

Despite the verdict, Bob Ewell feels he has been made a fool of and vows revenge. He mencases Helen, toms widow, tries to break into the judges home and attacks jem and scout. Boo radley intervenes and saves the children but accidentally stabs Bob Ewell. Boo carries the wounded Jem back to Atticus's home where the sheriff insists Bob tripped onto his own knife. After sitting with scout boo dissapears into the radley house again. Scout finally feels what it must be luike to be boo, he is a human to her not a mystery.

With this realisation, Scout finally embraces her fathers advice rto practise sympathy and understanding and demonstreates that her experiences wont tarnish her outlook on the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

The Exploitation of Ireland's Peatlands:

Types of Bogs
    • Raised Bogs: shallow depressions found in lowlands. They can be up to 12m deep.
    • Blanket Bogs: found mainly in upland regions and are 3-4m deep.

Bord na Móna
    In 1964, the Irish government set up Bord na Móna to exploit Ireland's bogs and to make the country more self-sufficient in energy resources.

Modern Peat Production
    1. A ditcher is used to drain the bog.
    2. A grader levels the surface of the bog.
    3. A shallow layer of peat is scraped loose by a miller on the pat's surface.
    4. This layer is later harrowed using a harrow pulled by a tractor to dry it.
    5. Peat is gathered in long ridges using a ridger and covered in plastic to protect it from rain.
    6. The ridges of peat are brought to the power station or factory on light railways. The peat is either used to generate electricity or manufactured into several products including briquettes and garden compost.

The Future of Irish Bogs
    • Conservationists believe that remaining bogs should be protected and labelled World Heritage Sites.
    • Bord na Móna sets aside some of the used bogs for eco-park developments.
    • Cutaway bogs can be used as wind farms, sports pitches or wildlife sanctuaries, or for farming or forestry.
    • The advantages of cutaway bods are level surface, infrastructure (trains) and little residential development

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ilovesmiles

anybody have good bussiness notes ? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Carlito.

im dying for 'To Kill A Mocking Bird' notes please.
    just anything, or everything important.
    quotes.

please
    :(

Childhood and growing up;

Scout, Jem and Dill don't seem to have as much fun as they become more grown up, but they do get a better understanding of the world around them.

Scout, Jem and Dill learn about life:

They learn that people are not always as they seem - e.g. Boo is a gentle man who shows bravery to save their lives.
    Atticus was called "one-shot Finch" when he was younger. This suprised them, they always thought Atticus was old and weak because he can't play football and wears glasses.
    At first, they imagine evil as Boo or Dracula. By the end of the novel, they know the truth about real evils, like the predjudice against black people and the violence of Bob Ewell.
    Near the end of the novel, Scout is more mature and sensitive and shows Boo helping her across the street so that others won't realise she's taking him home.There's a feeling of Nostalgia for Childhood innocence.

Scout and Dill have a childhood engagement:

Scout decribes Dill as her fiancee.
    By ch.11, Scout and Dill are allowed to go to town and are starting to move away from their childish Boo Radley game.

Gradually, the innocence starts to fade away:

Jem changes. He tells Atticus that Dill is hiding in the house Scout says "he broke the remaining code of our childhood".
    Dill says he will be a clown when he grows up. He is angry with the way people behave. He believes that the only thing to do is laugh at those.

There are good reasons for using a child's perspective:

Because the book is told from a child's point of view, it allows room for humour and irony. Sometimes you can see things are different from Scout's perspective.
    S, J and D all provide hope for the future - they realise it's wrong to treat black people as they've been treated in the past.

We can see in this novel that family and social class is hugely important as the story develops.
    Family is very important in Maycomb -
    · The worst white families have more social status then the best black families.
    · The Missionary Ladies tell us that the African tribe have "no sense of family". They all live as one big family. This seems very alien to the white people of Maycomb. For the white people, family background is very important. They treat all black people as the same, even Tom Robinson who is a respectable church-goer, is seen as a "typical ******".
    · Wealth was less important then family but Dolphus Raymond is freer then an outsider like Mayella because he has more money, land and a "fine old family" behind him.
    · Jem thinks there are 4 different types of people in Maycomb; (1) Finch Family - they try to treat everybody equally and fairly regardless of the colour of their skin or their financial situations. (2). The Cunninghams - a very poor but hardworking and loyal family. (3). The Ewells - Government scammers, non-educated racists who live in absolute flith. (4). Black people - quiet mistreated folks who work hard for their families and one another depending on any situation as seen when they helped out Helen Robinson while Tom was in jail.
    It's impossible to escape your family background -
    · Aunt Alexandra spends her time telling Scout what it means to be a Finch, for example the Aunt would like to be seen above everybody else in Maycomb so she is naturally angry that Scout wears overalls like her brother Jem instead of a more lady-like dress. She also has a "streak therory". She says the Cunninghams have a "drinking streak"
    · Scout and Jem are insulted by the town's people because Atticus is defending Tom. In the end, that's why Bob Ewell attacks them, they belong to the same family so he believes this makes them "fair game".
    Some people don't fit into their families -
    · Dill is sent away to Ms.Rachels' for the summer each year and he doesn't have a dad. Although, Scout says his laugh is "happy", he boasts alot and calls Maycomb his "home" when he runs away from his mother. He says his family "arn't interested in him and don't need him".
    · Mayella Ewell grows red flowers and she trys to keep herself clean unlike the rest of her family. We can tell that she is very lonely as she ends up reaching out to a black man which is seen as "unforgivable" in Maycomb. She has a hard life and people think she's trash.
    · Boo Radley is kept inside the house for years by his family, because he got into the wrong crowd as a teenager. By the time Scout meets him, he is described as "thin", "white" and "timid".
    This would conclude that family background and social class plays a huge part in this novel, as it helps the develop the story and characters.

thank you :)

QUESTION!

how many quotes should i learn for The Merchant of Venice?
    is 15 enough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭briant16

thank you :)

QUESTION!

how many quotes should i learn for The Merchant of Venice?
    is 15 enough?

For merchant of venice i've about 12 i could use for a load of different questions,

Anybody have anything about relationship development in to kill a mockingbird!?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭ohsurelook

NEED character summaries for TKAM PLEASE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭lynchy101

ohsurelook wrote: »
    NEED character summaries for TKAM PLEASE

Go to the website 'sparknotes' and search merchant of venice.

They have everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭AnnaTorvFan

Anyone have any good phrases/words to put into an ordinary level irish note/postcard/letter?
    Would be much appreciated. <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭ektec

agreed ^ ..

Need ordinary irish help

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭OwlYouNeed

An opening and closing paragraph for the letter for honours Irish.

A Chiara,
    Beatha agus slainte! (Insert name here) anseo. Tá súil agam go bhfuil tú i mbarr na sláinte. Tá brón orm nár scríobh mé níos luaithe ach bhí mé an-gnothach agus tá seanaithne agat orm - cuirim gach rud ar an méar fhada!

Closing - Bhuel, caithfidh mé imeacht anois mar tá mo mham ag glaoch orm. Gheall mé di go gcuirfinn caoi ar mo sheomra inniu. Is geall le cró muice é dairíre!

Do chara,
    (insert name here.)

The standard rate of income tax is 20% and the higher rate is 42%.
    Fiona has tax credits of €1493 for the year and a standard rate cut-off point of €30 000.
    She has a gross income of €31 650 for the year.
    (i) " After tax is paid, what is Fiona’s income for the year?
    (ii) " What would Fiona’s gross income for the year need to be in order for her to have an
    after tax income of €29 379?

-

answers

i) €26450

(ii)
    Increase in after tax income 29 379 – 26 450 = 2929.
    Equivalent to 0⋅58 of gross income.
    2929/0.58 = 5050 additional gross income.
    Needs to earn 30 000 + 6700 = 36 700

i dont understand the third line (Equivalent to 0.58 of gross income). how did he get 0.58?

business question:

are all ____ prepaid a current asset?
    then why is subs.prepaid a current liability?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭blobcat

FRENCH NOTES (letter)

J'espère que tu va bien- I hope that you are well

Moi, je vais bien- me, I'm doing well

J'étais ravi(e) de recevoir le cadeau- I was delighted to receive the present

Veux-tu venir chez moi?/ Je voudrais t'inviter chez moi- do you want to come to my house?

Le soleil brille- the sun is shining

Il n'ya pas un nuage dans le ciel- there isn't a cloud in the sky

Il pleut des cordes- it's raining ropes/raining heavily

Le ciel est couvert- the sky is overcast

Je suis allé.. I went..

à la plage- to the beach

chez mon ami- my friend's house

en ville- into town

L'école est ennuyeuse- school is boring

Je fais 10 matières à l'école- I do ten subjects at school

Je m'entends bien avec.. I get on well with..

Mes amis/mes potes/mes copains- my friends

Mes camarades de classe- my classmates

Mes professeurs/mes profs- my teachers

Les profs nous grondent tous le temps- the teachers give out to us all the time

Casse-pied- annoying, a pain

Je travail d'arrache-pied- I work flat-out

Je suis toujours coincé dans ma chambre en train de bosser- I'm always stuck in my room working/studying

J'attends le weekend avec impatience- I can't wait for the weekend

J'ai un petit boulot- I have a part-time job

Mon patron- my boss

Je gagne le smic- I earn the minimum wage

Vive.. Roll on..

Les vacances- the holidays

Le voyage- the trip

J'ai resté dans un hotel prés de la mer- I stayed in a hotel near to the sea

La vue était magnifique- the view was magnificent

J'ai blessé la jambe- I injured my leg

Je dois marcher avec des béquilles- I must use crutches

Je me sens mal- I feel sick

J'ai mal à la tête- I have a headache

Je suis allé chez le médecin- I went to the doctor's

Le médecin m'a donné des cachets- the doctor gave me tablets

Je me suis bien amusé(e)- I enjoyed myself

Dis le bonjour à ta famille de ma part- say hello to your family for me

Devine- guess what?

Hope this helped someone!

1. Prepare a job description.
    2. Draw up an advertisement.
    3. Applicants will apply by letter or application form.
    4. Based on applications and CV's, the employer will shortlist candidates for interview.
    5. Candidates are then are then interviewed.
    6. The successful candidate is selected and notified. He/she is offered a 'contract of employment'. The candidate may first be appointed for a probationary period.
    7. The new employee will receive; written terms of employment, a legal contract of employment and an induction period any relevant training.

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    1. Prepare a job description.
    2. Draw up an advertisement.
    3. Applicants will apply by letter or application form.
    4. Based on applications and CV's, the employer will shortlist candidates for interview.
    5. Candidates are then are then interviewed.
    6. The successful candidate is selected and notified. He/she is offered a 'contract of employment'. The candidate may first be appointed for a probationary period.
    7. The new employee will receive; written terms of employment, a legal contract of employment and an induction period any relevant training.

erm.... the business exam is already over :D

erm.... the business exam is already over :D
    I'm a 2nd Year.. My Business exam is next year ;)

Mecca
    Islam was founded in Mecca, in Saudi Arabia. Mecca was a busy commercial town, full of trading businessmen. The people of Mecca used to be Arabs (nomad or traveller). Some Arabs were Jews or Christian but the majority were Polytheists. Mecca was an important religious place. Many pilgrims often came here. Mecca is also home to the Kaaba. This is a holy shrine, believed to be built by Abraham and his so Ishmael as the first house of prayer to God, but due to many travellers bringing their different beliefs with them the Kaaba became home to over 300 idols. Mecca at the time was not a safe place to be, due to powerful leaders and tribes fighting among themselves.

The Founder of Islam
    Muhammad is the founder of Islam. Muhammad was born in Mecca around 570CE. Orphaned as a child, his uncle, a rich merchant raised him. Muhammad began to work in his uncle's business, as a camel driver. He was a very honest and trustworthy man. When he was 25 Muhammad married a wealthy widow named Khadijah with whom he had 6 children. Muhammad was a food man and became troubled by many things that were wrong in the city of Mecca. Muhammad began to pray and mediate on Mount Hira. Muhammad began to think that idol worship was the cause of a lot of problems in the city, and therefore came to the conclusion there was only one God, Allah. One night while praying on and fasting in a cave on Mount Hira, Muhammad received a revelation from God. The Angel Gabriel appeared to him telling him there was one God, Allah and Muhammad was chosen to be God's prophet. This night in known as 'Night of Power & Excellence'. Muhammad rushed home to tell Khadijah about what had happened. She told him that God he's called him to be his Prophet. Khadijah became the first convert to Islam. Muhammad continued to receive messages from God. These messages were later written down to become 'the Qur'an', the sacred text of Islam. When Muhammad began to preach his message in public, it made the rich and powerful leaders of Mecca angry. The traders tried on many attempts to stop Muhammad but he kept his faith and continued to preach. Muhammad ad his followers lives soon became threatened by the traders. In 622CE the Prophet ans a group of his followers secretly escaped Mecca in the night. The travelled across the desert to the city of Medina. This difficult journey is known as the Hijra. Muhammad and his followers were made welcome in Medina. The Prophet preached his message and converted many people to establish the first Muslim community. The first Mosque (Islamic place of worship) was built in Medina. Muhammad eventually became the leader of Medina. In 629CE Muhammad and thousands of Muslims marched back into Mecca. They went peacefully to the Kaaba and cleared it of idols. It was once again a place of worship to one true God, Allah. And so the religion was established. In 632CE Muhammad died in Medina, where he is buried.

Sources of Evidence
    • The Qur'an -- The sacred text of Islam, which Muslims believe is the word of God.
    • The Hadith -- A collection of traditions of Muhammad.

Islamic Beliefs:
    Main Beliefs
    • Belief in Allah
    • Belief in Angels
    • Belief in a Sacred Text
    • Belief in Prophets
    • Belief in a Day of Judgement
    • Belief in Pre-Destination

The Five Pillars of Islam
    1. Shahadah (Creed): ''There is no God but Allah, and Muhammad is his messenger'', this is a creed Muslims try to say as often as possible.
    2. Salat (Prayer): Pray five times a day. On Friday, in the mosque. Elements of Prayer include; Wudu: The washing that takes place before the prayer, Facing Mecca, Adhan: Call to prayer & Ra'ka: A set of ritual actions.
    3. Zakat (Charity): Give 2.5% of all saving every year to help those in need.
    4. Sawm (Fasting): Fast during sunrise to sunset during the month of Ramadam.
    5. Hajj (Pilgrimage): Make a pilgrimage to Mecca at least once in a lifetime.

These are for the Irish music section in music. :)

Collectors:
    Edward Bunting:
    -Born in Armagh
    -Studied music. Became a professional organist.
    -Asked by the United Irish Society to notate tunes heard at the Belfast harp festival.
    -Wrote 3 copies of the General Collection of the Ancient Irish music in 1796, 1807 and 1840.

George Petrie
    -Born in Dublin
    -Was a painter and architect
    -Worked with the Ordanance Survey offices where he preserved monuments.
    -Became interested in preserving tunes.
    -Sent many of the tunes he collected to Bunting.
    -1851: Founded the Society for the preservation and publication of the Ancient music of Ireland
    -1855: Wrote Ancient music of Ireland which contained historical and descriptive notes.

Composers
    Bill Whelan
    -Born in Limerick
    -Worked with U2, Kate Bush, The Dubliners and Stockton's Wing.
    -1979: Joined Planxty
    -1987: Composed the O'Riada suite, dedicated to Sean O'Riada.
    -1994: Composed Riverdance for the interval segment at the Eurovision.

Shaun Davey
    -Born in Belfast
    - Graduated from Trinity college in Dublin.
    -Composed music for "The Twelfth Night" and "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe."
    -2003: Composed music for the Special Olympics in Dublin.
    -Won an Ivor Novello award.

The Harp
    -String instrument
    -Strings are perpendicular to the soundboard.
    -Made from sally or willow.
    -Used to have wire strings, now has gut strings.

Harper in Ireland
    -Harpers played for the Irish chiefs as accompaniment to stories and poems.
    -In the 1600's, the English took over the land and the harpers had to adapt to the English style.
    -Some became travelling musicians and learnt the music of the people.

Belfast Harp Festival
    -Happened in 1792.
    -Designed to revive the dying harping tradition.
    -11 harpers took part.
    -100's of tunes were played.
    -Edward Bunting was hired to notate the tunes played.

Turlough O'Carolan
    -Smallpox caused him to go blind so he couldn't work as a labourer.
    -Mrs. Mc Dermott-Roe taught him how to play the harp.
    -Was influenced by Italian composers such as Vivaldi and Corelli.
    -Composed: Planxty Irwin and Carolan's Concerto.

And some notes on the instruments for the Irish music section.

Tin Whistle
    -Most common type is the "D" whistle
    -6 holes that need to be covered to play notes and one mouthpiece.
    Musician Sean Potts, Paddy Moloney.

Flute
    -Also has 6 holes, sometimes with keys added.
    -Mouthpiece which is blown across.
    -Usually made from wood which gives a warmer sound.
    Musician Micheal Tubridy, Micheal McGoldrick

Fiddle
    -Same as the violin
    -4 Strins
    -Tuned, G, D, A, E'
    -Held under the chin and played with a bow.
    Mucisian Tommy Peoples, Micheal Coleman, Frankie Gavin

Uilleann Pipes
    -Made of bellow pressed by the left elbow to fill the bag with air.
    -Air goes through the chanter which plays the melody.
    -3 drones which create continuous accompaniment.
    -3 regulators which play chords when pressed by the wrist.
    Musician Paddy Moloney, Willie Clancy

Concertina
    -Free reed instrument
    =-Hexagonal shape
    -Buttons on both sides which play different notes when pushed in and pulled out.
    Musician Noel Hill, Edel Fox

Accordian
    -Free reed instument.
    -Two types, button or piano.
    -button accordian has treble buttons for the right hand in 2 rows and 8 bass buttons for the left hand.
    -Piano accordian has a piano keyboard for the right hand and bass buttons for the left hand.
    Musicians Máirtín O Connor, Sharon Shannon.

Bodhrán
    -Circular frame drum, usually made of goatskin. (I've seen a triangular shaped bodhran before, but maybe it's best not to write that down. :p)
    -PLayed with hand or a stick
    -The other hand is placed at the back to the skin to dampen the sound or create tones by changing the tension.
    -Sometimes the stick is used on the rim to create a different percussive effect.
    Musician Eamonn Murray, Mel Mercier, Kevin Conneff.

Why Varnish?
    • Water-resistant
    • Scratch-resistant
    • Easily-cleaned
    • Clear finish enhances the grain of the wood
    • Resists heat
    • Stains/coloured varnish are available

Application:
    1. Apply the varnish with a brush/cloth, working with the grain
    2. Cover all surfaces evenly, with no drips/run
    3. When the first coat is applied, allow to dry
    4. Sand lightly between coasts (denib) with very fine sandpaper or fine wire wool
    5. Apply another coat of varnish evenly and leave to dry again
    6. Repeat the process until you have three coats applied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

I'm going into TY so if you want any notes, just ask, My best notes are English, History, French and German. So if you have any requested notes, I'll see if I can find them and post them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭AulBiddy

I'll be in TY so I'll probably have nothing to do at night so I might put up some of my old notes, I have TKAM, Romeo and Juliet, and various other things for english; some fairly good music notes, geography and french and some other handy things :)

Advertisement