Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Lets discuss schweinsteger and badstuber for fabregas:D

untitle.JPG

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I want a piece of this 'transfer discussion' ....

Barca, ... Sell me Bale right now for Salah, cambiasso and 20m like you said you would do at the end of the season ... then watch the chat!

AFTER MUCH DISCUSSION THIS TRANSFER HAS BEEN APPROVED.

Go ahead GT

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

MOD NOTE:

Just for clarification. There is no problem in discussing transfers. However, if the discussion were to turn personal then the offending members will be reprimanded as personal attacks are completely unacceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    AFTER MUCH DISCUSSION THIS TRANSFER HAS BEEN APPROVED.

Go ahead GT

Hear that Barca ... cough up! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Why would I admit something that isn't true? The deal now is much better for them both than what I offered. The 15m and the 86 for Ramsey was, IMO, far below what I offered, hence the "dafuq" which I have admitted twice already was a rushed job and there should have been more but it was to get the ball rolling. Now that the full deal has been disclosed the discussion can go from "dafuq" to "well done lads, good deal"

So you had to wait till the second part of the deal came to light before you decided the deal was OK...... Thanks for sorting that for the rest of us, who didn't care who sold who to who in the first place, but as long as YOUR happy with it

As for discussing it at all, it won't do anything but neither will you talking about United in the soccer forum, so why do it? I'll discuss something I feel is worth discussing, as I have pointed out, this is a discussion board, if you don't like discussing things you're not gonna like it here.

I said discuss it, sure I can't stop ya, I do however have to right to discuss the fact that what you are discussing is futile, see previous post

Me being a mod (anywhere) means nothing

Does

When you resort to :rolleyes: it's time for me to go. You have some sort of agenda with me so I'll stop it before it goes any further, for the sake of the forum.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Do mate, be a martyr and stop it for the 'sake of the forum' yet in the same breath you say you discussed it in the first place because the thread was 'dead' and were discussing it as something to do! but when someone calls you on it, you deiced to 'end' the discussion for the good of the forum :D

Classic stuff, here's another one for ya ;) era make it 2 ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

untitle.JPG

Okay_meme.jpg

I'd love Fabergas but that's way OTT, sorry

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Do mate, be a martyr and stop it for the 'sake of the forum' yet in the same breath you say you discussed it in the first place because the thread was 'dead' and were discussing it as something to do! but when someone calls you on it, you deiced to 'end' the discussion for the good of the forum :D

Classic stuff, here's another one for ya ;) era make it 2 ;)

TBH, I can't see the problem. He saw a peculiar deal and was curious to know if that was it or if there was more to come. Fair enough, "Dafuq" was a bit of a "rushed job" as he put it himself, but there was no malice meant in his comment.

He thought it would have been a strange deal, and was ultimately proven right when it turned out there was more to follow. Then when the second part was disclosed it was his curiosity was quelled.

He was by no means questioning the integrity of the deal.

TBH, I personally believe it's a complete non-issue as the only thing he's guilty of is curiosity.

I'd love Fabergas but that's way OTT, sorry

ah shur the schwein is on the decline and fab is looking better than ever........think your team could do with him pulling the strings.

ah shur the schwein is on the decline and fab is looking better than ever........think your team could do with him pulling the strings.

Surely if that's the case you'd be better off keeping him yourself!! ;):D :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I want a piece of this 'transfer discussion' ....

Barca, ... Sell me Bale right now for Salah, cambiasso and 20m like you said you would do at the end of the season ... then watch the chat!

dafuq

:D

Ah would ya schtop!! :D

If there are any other's you'd like you can fire away and get me on chat but Schweinsteiger and Bad is never gonna happen :)

Wilberto wrote: »
    Surely if that's the case you'd be better off keeping him yourself!! ;):D :P

Just trying to level the playing field :p

I need the help :(

Just trying to level the playing field :p

Well if that's all you're trying to do then you might as well sell Fabregas to me. I'd be willing to consider a deal that would see Hoilett and N'Zonzi going the other way.

You have to be quick though, that massively generous offer mightn't be on the table for long!! :P :pac:

TBH, I can't see the problem. He saw a peculiar deal and was curious to know if that was it or if there was more to come. Fair enough, "Dafuq" was a bit of a "rushed job" as he put it himself, but there was no malice meant in his comment.

He thought it would have been a strange deal, and was ultimately proven right when it turned out there was more to follow. Then when the second part was disclosed it was his curiosity was quelled.

He was by no means questioning the integrity of the deal.

TBH, I personally believe it's a complete non-issue as the only thing he's guilty of is curiosity.

Ok, devils advocate so for a moment.....

I've a deal I'm working on at the moment, now lets say I got that done and dusted and the 'dafuk' comment was in relation to that......

Now, I unlike some others (and I would not be alone in this either) would NOT prefer to discuss/defend my deals or even go so far as discuss them as it bears no merit whatsoever on the outcome.......

What impression does that leave on the thread in regards to the transfer in question? Does it leave the deal in a good light? Or does it leave un-necessary question marks hanging over it because I did not come on to explain.....

Lads, what's happening with Valdes? Surely if Villa moving to the states gets him a -2, Valdes shouldn't still be 93 as a free agent!? Or what am I missing?

Well if that's all you're trying to do then you might as well sell Fabregas to me. I'd be willing to consider a deal that would see Hoilett and N'Zonzi going the other way.

You have to be quick though, that massively generous offer mightn't be on the table for long!! :P :pac:

I couldn't possibly take those jugernauts of the game from you.

Lads, what's happening with Valdes? Surely if Villa moving to the states gets him a -2, Valdes shouldn't still be 93 as a free agent!? Or what am I missing?

I suppose he did have a better World Cup than Casillas so maybe that's what's keeping him there!

Also, maybe this has something to do with it. I guess SM are just waiting to see if this move gets done before they review his rating.

I suppose he did have a better World Cup than Casillas so maybe that's what's keeping him there!

Also, maybe this has something to do with it. I guess SM are just waiting to see if this move gets done before they review his rating.

Had read a few bits in relation to Liverpool, God knows they need a keeper but still, a free agent at 93. I know some rating changes are crazy but this not changing seems like one of the stranger ones!

• Advertisement

Ok, devils advocate so for a moment.....

I've a deal I'm working on at the moment, now lets say I got that done and dusted and the 'dafuk' comment was in relation to that......

Now, I unlike some others (and I would not be alone in this either) would NOT prefer to discuss/defend my deals or even go so far as discuss them as it bears no merit whatsoever on the outcome.......

What impression does that leave on the thread in regards to the transfer in question? Does it leave the deal in a good light? Or does it leave un-necessary question marks hanging over it because I did not come on to explain.....

Taking your own proposed scenario I can't see how that would leave any question marks over it. Now, people will still have their own opinions regarding who got they think got the better deal but that's just life really. People just have differing opinions.

That said though, I doubt very much that the integrity of the deal itself will be an issue for anyone, especially if it includes long term managers such as yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

The Marketing and PR department at FC Porto have issues invitations to all the major sports tv networks to attend a press conference tomorrow.

It is believed the club will be announcing the departure of some of its squad members and the arrival of at least one old fans favorite.

Taking your own proposed scenario I can't see how that would leave any question marks over it. Now, people will still have their own opinions regarding who got they think got the better deal but that's just life really. People just have differing opinions.

That said though, I doubt very much that the integrity of the deal itself will be an issue for anyone, especially if it includes long term managers such as yourself.

But even you yourself in your last comment labeled the deal as 'peculiar' if this does not draw up questions regarding the deal I don't know what does?

Surely the irony of all of this must be obvious...... Needing to know the rest of the deal to ensure it is worthwhile for both parties whilst not 'questioning' it....

Not trying to be awkward here, but IMO its simple, discussing a deal between 2 other managers for self-satisfaction (which could have been done through chat or PM) whilst not questioning the deal itself seems an impossibility to me.....

Anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

Aaron RAMSEY has completed his move to Manchester City from Real Madrid for 15,000,000 plus Bruno ZUCULINI

A midfield consisting of Draxler, James Rodriguez and Ramsey. Sorted for the the future! :)

I'm still gonna keep trying for Rod and Draxler... :P

Everytime I enquire about a player anywhere, they ask for those two! :P

I suppose it is to be expected :D

mario-balotelli.jpg?w=620&h=464

Reporter: 'Any truth to the Lazio roomers'
    Super Mario: 'Yes'

It was a short press conference

rsz_524927_10151365585133831_449950069_n.jpg

stealing my thunder ya ***** :P

gerp99 wrote: »
    stealing my thunder ya ***** :P

Images man!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Serious squeaky bum time with the division 3 play-off spots now, 3 points separating 4th from 8th :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement