Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Finn Harps Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,951 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Don't think he will be there for much longer

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Mr_A

Hutton has resigned. We need to advertise this and see who's interested. Not acceptable to be finishing in and around the amatuer clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,197 ✭✭✭overshoot

definitely, had been hoping that they would anyway and hutton would be given his chance to interview many lay out his mistakes/future plans, at the same time i wasnt sure he was up to it.

I think last night was the first time kev & mccarron seemed to be playing as proper strikers, usually one was coming very deep. I dont think the squad is a million miles away, need a right winger with a good final ball, a good creative midfielder (not sure mcCann or bonner are the players to fulfil the role but i would keep them) another striker to cover kev whose getting on and mccarron, although hopefully duffy will step up.

last time athlone went up we followed the year after, 60th years next year too, repeat of 2004 please!

may as well do another resurection....
    the stadium... its growing!
    Finn Harps Schools (a few more pics)
    1526871_494374274011944_584488412_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Even though a Sligo Rovers fan, have been up Finn Park a couple of times, and in fairness, it was a bit of a kip.

;)

But cant wait to see this eventually finished. Would be great to see another quality LOI stadium in the NW.
    overshoot wrote: »
    may as well do another resurection....
    the stadium... its growing!
    Finn Harps Schools[/URL] (a few more pics)

Link Broken/Page Gone.

:confused:

• Advertisement

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Even though a Sligo Rovers fan, have been up Finn Park a couple of times, and in fairness, it was a bit of a kip.

But cant wait to see this eventually finished. Would be great to see another quality LOI stadium in the NW.

Link Broken/Page Gone.
    yea but it will be missed when its gone!
    plan last i heard is main stand & admin building, move in (2k)
    start opposite stand (4k)
    the ends at some point (6,600-all seated tho :( )

never tested it, i edited it try again, should be fine now
    its the "Finn Harps Schools" facebook page & its public so if you serch it you can probably get it there

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

yea but it will be missed when its gone!
    plan last i heard is main stand & admin building, move in (2k)
    start opposite stand (4k)
    the ends at some point (6,600-all seated tho :( )

never tested it, i edited it try again, should be fine now
    its the "Finn Harps Schools" facebook page & its public so if you serch it you can probably get it there

Works now

;)

m6ak.jpg

So it begins!

also huzzah for the nice big blue crane put up over the last 2 days at Finn Park 2

• Registered Users Posts: 45,810 ✭✭✭✭muffler

also huzzah for the nice big blue crane put up over the last 2 days at Finn Park 2
    They hadnt to move it far :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

My uncle Jim lifting the FAI Cup in 74!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Can't wait for tonight! UTH!

Well? What was the game like?
    Crowd?

working all day yesterday and never got around to it.
    crowd i thought 800, extratime put it at 850 so decent enough, nothing official announced but was around that for the first game last year too

first half was pretty dire, whistle happy ref giving many nothing decisions stopped anyone from getting a rhythm. waterford slightly on top this half, created the most clear cut chances at least.

second half harps were much improved, keating & mccarron playing out wide in a 4-3-3 were causing havoc for the waterford full backs but we struggled to create many clear chances against a well organised waterford defense, still a couple of decent ones and we probably should have taken one. waterford also had a few but were mostly limited to counter attacks

new lads
    winn had a decent enough first game, one or 2 things i would have questioned but quick and good judgement on when to advance, and given that he is hugh it makes it even trickier for the attacker

tiofack, quiet in the first half, seemed to come into it more in the second, couldnt quite pin down his role, possibly just had a free one

keating, as mentioned earlier thought he had a great game, great effort and really wants to be there (something which i suppose has got us onto the backs of past loanees) coming up from westport i believe

mailey, good game too literally put his head on the line on one occasion and to have him back

fisher wasnt on long enough

others
    coll & mcnulty both had great games, getting forward in support of attacks, mchugh still has the touch but possibly lost another bit of pace, i think this is going to be made up for though with the pacey pair of mccarron & keating running either side of him.

Quick interview with Ollie Horgan

away jersey also unveiled nice but home much nicer imo (big head on martin :pac: )
    BiNFxD5IUAE_hSp.jpg
    tl;dr
    decent crowd
    harps much more attacking than last year, entertaining enough second half
    ref ruined the first but was at least equally fussy

& 54 crew have a bus to tallaght stadium next sunday, shams B opening with a 1-1 in cobh
    estimated; leave about 10:30am from Finn Park, 10:50 Letterkenny at McGettigans, 11 Manor if needed, 11:15 Lifford.

big 3-0 win down in Tallaght in Shams B's first home game, Cowan, Funston(p) and mcCann with the goals.Result all the better considering Coll, McHugh and Mccarron weren't fit

Puts us second in the league and yet to concede.
    wasnt at it but il let extratime sum it up
    Well The Hoop "B" side have been beaten in their first outing at Tallaght Stadium. Finn Harps were excellent on the pitch, aswell as off it, as The Harps faithul sang their teams praises through out and are continuing to do it now as they depart Tallaght. Till next time, I've been Josh Dolan. Enjoy your Paddys day.!

bet Cockhill in the EA cup on monday too 3-2, we can face Sligo, Derry or Galway in the next round.

Home to Cobh on Friday at 8

You should pray for Derry in the next round, we were shockingly poor v Cork!

NIMAN wrote: »
    You should pray for Derry in the next round, we were shockingly poor v Cork!
    Galway away although on a bank holiday monday so good excuse for a trip!

5-0 to the Harps and top of the league, great start to the weekend, could have been more too

3 clean sheets and 8 goals in the last 2 games from 6 different players without our 2 main strikers who scored ALL our league goals until a midway through last season, it has to be some cause for optimism!

McCann (2), Tiofack and Keating had great games and deserved their goals, Doc opening the scoring in a goalmouth scramble, defence is solid although unsure about Winn (despite the clean sheets), id like him to impose himself better, and given his size it shouldnt be hard!

Hard to fault anyone, tireless workrate and constantly making support runs and giving the man on the ball options too. Hastling the opposition when and where ever they have the ball too and making it very difficult. Something thats been sorely lacking for a few years and quite refreshing.

Heard Tommy Bonner pulled out of a tackle during the Cockhill game, got a right yelling at from the touchline and subbed 5mins later so a manager there who wont accept less than 100%

Poor crowd, about 400 although given the game was called of at 5, given the go ahead at 6 and the general atrocious weather its not too surprising. Was certainly value for money even if the temperature was 0!

Donegal News Report
    Extratime Report

Bring on Galway next Saturday @ 7.45 as opposed to the usual friday.
    Not sure what to make of them, opening day victory against big spenders longford and drawing with Shams B at home today.

Table (its been a while since we were there)

That's what it's all about- volunteers work hard to get the game on and the team reward them with a cracking performance. Cobh and Shamrock Rovers B aren't the strongest but it's great to see them both ruthlessly dispatched.

Galway lost their opener and drew the two games since that and are the only team in the league not to have scored yet. But they're built around a good Mervue side and have a lot of good players so are a big step up from our last two games.

Good times though and the team is shaping up really well.

Yea good so see them dispatched so well, we were drawing these games last year so to be building a goal difference is a vast improvement!

Tried opening a thread in the soccer forum to see how it goes there, (lead from harpsmans gaa thread)

preview for the next home game v galway on saturday at 7.45
    (horgan has a irish schools international, so moved from usual friday)

seen as it probably got buried in the soccer forum il repost the stadium update as its quite Donegal relevant. there is about 27 photos in the link
    Also quarter final of the FAI cup today... edgy given our last 2 results, travel without mcHugh & McCarron but hopefully we can do it. Long trip to Cork and Avondale have won 4 of the last 5 intermediate cups
    Finn Park 2 is still growing biggrin.png From Finn Harps Schools Facebook

10352262_625763344206369_1389791744033325727_n.jpg?oh=5cf1cbbeb1d81554262ace5de375db19&oe=54D0D63C
    10647086_625762364206467_2962706929955035751_n.jpg?oh=2f0c5079e83818de898a33ecc6004cb0&oe=5496E485

• Advertisement

Through to the semi-finals of the Cup! Up the Harps!!

1st Cup semi since 1999. Looking forward to the draw. Anything but Derry away will do me!

1st Cup semi since 1999. Looking forward to the draw. Anything but Derry away will do me!

Why?;)

Would it not be handy for you?

Funny I think us Derry fans are hoping to get you in the semi's, surprise surprise.

Why?;)

Funny I think us Derry fans are hoping to get you in the semi's, surprise surprise.
    im willing to bet yourselves, pats and shams all want us ;) tis great to be popular!

personally pats away would be my least favoured, reckon it would be the lowest gate for us. not going to be gutted by any draw though, we are gonna be massive underdogs no matter who so doesnt really matter

Why?;)

Handy yes, chances of getting a positive result, no. If we do draw Derry, I'd like it to be at home.

Anyway, the fact is we're huge underdogs so we can go and enjoy the day and whatever happens, happens. It's just great to be in cup semi and it'll help ease the financial burden.

2 buses running (so far) to the semi. One from the north via lifford the other by the south of the county via Donegal town & ballyshannon. 54crew admins on facebook will help ya out or pm me and Il put you in touch with the relevant people.

Club has announced tickets on sale in the ground on Friday v shels. Allocation is thought to be small... Not that pats will get anywhere near selling out the rest of the ground

So you're happy?

What I would give for us both to make it to the final.

So you're happy?

What I would give for us both to make it to the final.

Probably the worst draw financially for us but there should be a good crowd and I'm looking forward to the day out.

Tough draw for Derry.

Would be great for the North-West if both of us did get to the final. Would be a great day out!

Really looking forward to the game. Nice to get a bit of exposure and increase the club's profile again. The Shels game shows we can play good football, but also that we we can gift goals to opposition teams.

Mr_A wrote: »
    Really looking forward to the game. Nice to get a bit of exposure and increase the club's profile again. The Shels game shows we can play good football, but also that we we can gift goals to opposition teams.
    yea they were two poor goals to give away. going to need to tighten up again at the back. Been the one good aspect to our game all season so hopefully it wont let us down now!

10 seats remaining on the north donegal bus
    4 on the south dongegal bus. think its going to be left at 3!

• Advertisement

Best of luck to Harps from a DCFC fan, will be cheering youse on.

How sweet would an all-NW final be !!

Advertisement