Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

unlocked E3131 on vodafone sim and TL-MR3420

• 30-08-2014 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭

Ok guys i am looking for some help here.

I have my unlocked E3131 dongle running fine on the laptop using the vodafone sim with the APN settings of:

APN: isp.vodafone.ie
    username: vodofone
    pass: ********

However when i plug in the dongle to my TL-MR3420 and enter the same settings as above into the the router settings. It will not connect at all. Instead i have to use the settings on the router side:

APN: live.vodafon.com
    Username: Orange
    Pass: *******

Even with this setup the connection is crap as it disconnects frequently.

So i am wondering if anyone else has anything similar and what settings are you using to ensure a working setup?

Thanks in advance all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

On the TL-MR3420 you have the option to manually set the APN. Thinks its under Network -> 3g/4g -> advanced
    You can also create a new profile on the E3131. I have the same set up and have it working with both Tesco and O2. I make sure to keep the APN settings the same.
    I also downgraded the frimware on the TL-MR3420 to the previous version as the latest version has a bug in the WDS bridging that i was trying to set up.

Overall its been very stable since. Only once so far did the connection drop (that i've noticed) and i had to disconnect and reconnect the modem as it was unresponsive with a flashing blue led.

Advertisement