Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

charger/ battery problem

• 29-12-2013 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭

hi have a kalashnikov smart charger for the last four or so years. i have found lately that when i charge a battery with it the battery will only hold about 5 mins of useful charge although the LED on the charger reads green indicating that the battery should be fully charged. the only thing i could think of is that the battery i am using is a 9.6 1600 mAh stick type and perhaps it is too large a battery for the charger. the batteries i had previously were much smaller. anyone have any ideas? does the charger just need replacing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Drachnien

looking at the charger you should have it on the 8 cells and 1000Mah settings. with that it should take a little under 2 hours to charge from dead. if it's still charging your other batteries (on the right settings) then it's more likely the battery is the issue than the charger, it shouldn't have any trouble with a battery that size.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭everest1980

Drachnien wrote: »
    looking at the charger you should have it on the 8 cells and 1000Mah settings. with that it should take a little under 2 hours to charge from dead. if it's still charging your other batteries (on the right settings) then it's more likely the battery is the issue than the charger, it shouldn't have any trouble with a battery that size.

cool, ill double check some other batteries. thanks for the reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Drachnien

and make sure you have the number of cells set right, too high and you could fry a battery too low and it probably won't charge. The Mah one is less of an issue so long as it's not HIGHER than the battery your charging.

Advertisement