Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

army uniform

• 15-04-2008 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

hoes it gonig looking for any type of army uniform or fca one for airsoft battles if any one can help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Well the use of any current-issue army uniform for anything other than official army use is against the law. You can, however, use the old Olive Drab uniform no problem if you want, but the current DPM stuff will get you in trouble, and any airsoft site won't allow it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 learimus

kdouglas wrote: »
    Well the use of any current-issue army uniform for anything other than official army use is against the law. You can, however, use the old Olive Drab uniform no problem if you want, but the current DPM stuff will get you in trouble, and any airsoft site won't allow it.

i'm thinking of trying to start an official defence forces team... if i could get permission then i'd be entering a team with dpm's,steyr augs and h+k usp's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

not a chance

oh? and why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

it would be very difficult at best. but it wouldnt be impossible, in the america the us army sponsor airsoft sites, and teams because its very good pr. but in order to wear the uniform they would have to change the law and thats not going to happen:(.the first step i suppose would be getting in touch with the d.o.d.

• Advertisement

yep. i was thinking of asking the rdfra to bring it up, but with the negative media spin it'd probably be a big no-no... still, it's grand to dream...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Nam_Man

<snip>
    You can't sell DF gear, you don't own it.
    It should be returned to the Minister.
    If it's not DF gear please use Adverts.ie. - Thank you, Hagar
    <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I was curious what happened all the old OD stuff, I have to say. I mean, there was a lot of it, and aside from the odd bits and pieces, I didn't really see it resurface. Or maybe it's way more effective at concealment than I ever gave it credit for...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

learimus wrote: »
    i'm thinking of trying to start an official defence forces team... if i could get permission then i'd be entering a team with dpm's,steyr augs and h+k usp's

You really want to wear DPMs and run around with Steyr's and USP's?

Then go a pair, ring Manpower Office and ask them when they're recruiting again.

The only people that should wear the uniform are those that have earned the right to wear it. Simple as.

i am a serving member of the defence forces, you jackeen cock jockey

• Advertisement

i am a serving member of the defence forces, you jackeen cock jockey

Then why would you want to play soldier with what are essentially toy guns?

Especially when you do the job for real. It's a disrespect to the uniform and those that wear it.

EDIT: Nevermind, you're RDF.

well for a start, i think that it is a good way to keep up contact/battle drills. as you so intelligently pointed out i am a member of the rdf. could have applied to the pdf at any time but am making about twice as much on civvie street as i would be on in the df.

mr. maybe a soldier, come across as hardcore/elitist as you like... at the end of the day you're part of a neutral army. not the ****ing french foreign legion etc...

Ireland isn't neutral little fella ;)

Keeping up contact drills and battle drills? By playing with civilians that like to think they know what they're doing? Yeah, that certainly makes sense. :rolleyes:

Making twice as much in civvie street compared to who in the DF? Saying you make more money than you would in the PDF is quite the broad statement.

Oh silly me! I forgot that unless you were at war with someone you were neutral :rolleyes:

When did I say I killed anyone?

As for your comment about being RTU'd from Overseas.... It just shows a massive disrespect those members of the PDF that have died Overseas serving this country, been injured Overseas serving this country and involved in firefights Overseas whilst serving this country. If you hold such a view, you're a disgrace to the uniform.

So an RDF Airsoft team? Well then like I said, you'll be airsofting with civilians.

Poccington wrote: »
    Ireland isn't neutral little fella ;)

Keeping up contact drills and battle drills? By playing with civilians that like to think they know what they're doing? Yeah, that certainly makes sense. :rolleyes:

Regardless of whether the opponents are civvies or not, the best team wins. That means the team that's best at shooting the other guys and not getting shot themselves. A fairly high proportion of the Irish Airsoft dudes and dudettes are serving and ex- members of both the RDF and PDF. I can think of one team in particular with a fairly heavily weighted roster...

In terms of FIBUA in particular, it's a useful thing to have done.

EDIT: Oh good, another one of these threads. Yes, this is going to be a useful and productive discussion.

Or you could just be instructed on FIBUA and DIBUA by fully qualified FIBUA Instructors :rolleyes:

You could, yeah. And a lot are. And also, they Airsoft. Where's the irreconcilable concepts there?

never mentioned people killed overseas. just making a comparison. very witty with the "civillians" crack. i'd say that your mother is very proud of your ability to type and breathe at the same time or do you take breaks every couple of words..? thanks for the little sparring match etc.

never mentioned people killed overseas. just making a comparison. very witty with the "civillians" crack. i'd say that your mother is very proud of your ability to type and breathe at the same time or do you take breaks every couple of words..? thanks for the little sparring match etc.

No but she's quite proud of the fact I'm an actual soldier and endured 7 months of hardship just to wear the uniform. Whereas you did.... Oh, sorry forgot you didn't have to work for yours.

I swear to God, I'm going to get seasick from going around and around and around in this circle on these boards...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Learimus if you want to keep posting on this forum keep a civil tongue in your head. Personal insults are not acceptable here. Consider this a warning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Poccington wrote: »
    Ireland isn't neutral little fella ;)............

We are as good as neutral http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_neutrality

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

We are not neutral, we are just non-aligned.

RDF Airsoft team......how I chuckle!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

interestin point raised in this thread tho, where did all the Olive Green Uniforms go? I liked those shirts and I wouldnt mind havin a few for work now that its Kosher to wear them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

france16.jpg

This really kills 2 birds with the one stone. Pic of the old issue gear and PROOF that some Irish FCA lads got to mess with some Famas back in the day!

Look in Forum for Famas thread......

http://www.62infantry.com/images/photos/historical/329.jpg

Thsese pics are readily available at this site.

http://www.62infantry.com/Historical_Photos.shtml

I'm sure there is no problem posting these pics here, if the Mods feel otherwise, please remove at your discretion.

Never knew Saddam Hussein had been in the FCA.

All makes sense now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

You know I found some others with his nibs in the same woolies!!!! not good, But those were universally available back in the day :)

Advertisement