Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How I Met Your Mother - Season 9

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

I've never really read any HIMYM threads so apologies if this has been covered, but is the season ending spoiler
    that the mother died when the kids were young? and he is telling them his life story, and the brief time that they had together before she died? I'm not really sure what made me think this, but am I completely wrong or is there some potential in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

Episode this week was pretty good. Some funny bits with the first season of HIMYM with different people.

Wish they'd hurry up with the mother storyline :(

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Callanutd

I used to love this show. I still watch now out of habit more than anything. Lilly is just a cartoon character and Ted is just utterly unlikeable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭CountryJoe

guttenberg wrote: »
    I've never really read any HIMYM threads so apologies if this has been covered, but is the season ending spoiler
    that the mother died when the kids were young? and he is telling them his life story, and the brief time that they had together before she died? I'm not really sure what made me think this, but am I completely wrong or is there some potential in it?

Interesting, this has crossed my mind also.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Grand episode this week, but one major annoyance. When they are watching the TV show, the TV they are watching it on has no cables connected. Ghost TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Spinoff ahoy.....
    With the hit CBS series now in its final season, Deadline is reporting that a spinoff of "How I Met Your Mother" might be on the way. Tentatively titled "How I Met Your Father," the new show would center on an all-new female lead and her own group of friends.

"How I Met Your Mother" creators and executive producers Carter Bays and Craig Thomas are teaming with "Up All Night" creator and executive producer Emily Spivey to develop the new show. Early plans would have the new lead introduced in the final episodes of "Mother," with the potential existing for current show's popular characters to guest star on "Father."

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=110845

Could be OK with a whole new set of characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Mr E wrote: »
    Spinoff ahoy.....

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=110845

Could be OK with a whole new set of characters.

This has been in the rumor mill for a while if I remember correctly. Looks like it could become more of a reality now. While it could be an interesting watch, to see how they tie it altogether, I'm still not so sure. The concept of the show has gotten old for me personally. I didn't mind being dragged along for 9 seasons, if the humour stayed consistent. But it didn't, and I don't think HIMYF would be any different despite new characters.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

The current show has popular characters?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The current show has popular characters?

I like Ranjit...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Was keeping up with the show but since the third episode, have just let it run, going to watch maybe 6 episodes together in a few weeks, doubt im missing much anyways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

This episode had a nice ending.

I have very little other opinons upon it.

finally caught up on the last 5 episodes, looks like i missed nothing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I really enjoyed the most recent episode. Had a good mix of comedy and sentimental moments.
    I like what they're doing with this season overall, and in my opinion has redeemed itself after a few awful years.

Loved this episode! It was pretty funny and I loved the ending, I sobbed like crazy!
    No, I do not have a life.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I haven't seen the latest episode yet, but is it still at the wedding?!

Posy wrote: »
    I haven't seen the latest episode yet, but is it still at the wedding?!

yup whole season is i think

Just watching the latest episode now, anyone else find the scrambled eggs thing a bit close to the bone? :P

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Raf32 wrote: »
    yup whole season is i think
    I find that seriously annoying. I think I might sit out the next few and just watch the last couple of episodes. This season is just irritating me at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,471 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This is the worst season by ****ing far! Zero laughs and im even noticing the audience laughing 3 times during an unfunny sentence. Is this the last season?

sheehy83 wrote: »
    This is the worst season by ****ing far! Zero laughs and im even noticing the audience laughing 3 times during an unfunny sentence. Is this the last season?

Supposedly.....hopefully!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

christ that CGI up on the lighthouse was terrible

the season has been poor so far, they really should have changed some of the dynamic of it, being the last season and all, sure noting has been said about ted moving to chicago after the wedding, and the marshall road tripping across america is just downright stupid,

and its 8 episodes in and only lilly has met the mother,

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

i think its getting really boring, cant wait until the church part is over

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Shocking season so far, disappointing end to what was once a brilliant show

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Shocking season so far, disappointing end to what was once a brilliant show

And my advice would be not to even bother with tonights episode.

Complete and total crud from start to finish

21 mins and 1 second of my life im never getting back:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

I don't know, I thought it was really good! If it wasn't a comedy it would have been great! There was one or 2 gags, and it was nice seeing
    Bryan Cranston doing something (and stealing the show really) again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Really enjoyed it as well! Best one of this season..

This episode seemed a lot like classic HIMYM to me. Really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

i soo enjoyed Bryan Cranston, he stole the show for me, even though he was only on for 2 mins.

i enjoyed last nights episode :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Heisenberg made an appearance at one point while on the phone to Ted

• Advertisement

Just on the laptop now, last nights episode worth a watch?

Advertisement