Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

'8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown' gets full series..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Sh*t guests tonight, hate Sarah Millican even more now.
    The bit with the ageing cream was genius though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

That Humphrey Ker fellow had nothing to add either.

He was also the worst at the game itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I enjoyed it. I didn't think that Sarah Millican was half as annoying as usual and I liked the scrabble song.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,751 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Humphrey Ker please think up a new persona please

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Ah here, more Sarah Millican this week :mad:
    Jimmy Carr hosts the comedy panel show's version of the famous quiz, with team captains Sean Lock and Jon Richardson joined by guests Sarah Millican and Chris Ramsey. Countdown regular Susie Dent is in Dictionary Corner with comedy hip-hop act Abandoman, while Rachel Riley provides the letters and numbers with a little help from Joe Wilkinson. Last in the series

Read more at http://www.tvnow.ie/detail.asp?id=6188199#UP2goXlGTzrFLkfZ.99

Much like the actual 8 out of 10 cats programme - Jimmy, Sean and Jon are usually very good but they are being let down by the guests. You would think they could get more high profile (and better) guests to show up.

• Advertisement

Ah ffs .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

It was good run.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Ah bollox, I thought there'd be more episodes than that...

• Can't stand Sarah Millican. She's just not funny. I just started watching and got to the Scrabble song. It was actually pretty damned good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

This is so much better than 8 out of 10 cats. I nearly even like Jimmy Carr because of it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,815 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Joe is getting boring now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Joe as the magician was on top form

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I thought they'd get someone like David O' Doherty on. I imagine he'd actually be quite good at the game itself. I enjoy Danny Dyer too, even though he's ridiculous. The episode I saw with him, he was actually pretty good at the letters game.

Is the episode tonight a repeat?

The sky epg says Sarah Millican is on?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I thought they'd get someone like David O' Doherty on.
    He was on before in "Dictionary Corner" AFAIK.

Is the episode tonight a repeat?

The sky epg says Sarah Millican is on?

No shes just on it again.

Great...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Probably not appropriate, but f*ck me Rachel Riley is a fine looking thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

i am laughing at 'Countdown Kid' more than i really should be.

LowOdour wrote: »
    Probably not appropriate, but f*ck me Rachel Riley is a fine looking thing

I mentioned to my wife that she is on my "celebs I can do" list.

Also... The two Irish guys were pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,649 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I can't stop laughing at "Countdown kid"

"Kid needs a fúcking life" had me crying with the laughter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

I can't stop laughing at "Countdown kid"

"Kid needs a fúcking life" had me crying with the laughter

I never laugh out loud when watching stuff by myself for some reason, but I actually howled at that! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,649 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

mutley18 wrote: »
    I never laugh out loud when watching stuff by myself for some reason, but I actually howled at that! :D

I'm the same, rolled around my bed in tears on my own like a right clown! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

countdown kid was funny, but my favourite bit was the last numbers game, chris got all excited because he thought he had solved the problem, then jon just looks over his shoulder and sees where he's wrong, instant deflation.

and of course - steady on old bean

Hope they do another series, those irish guys were really good. Im usually a joe fan but i didnt like him this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Keith wrote: »
    Hope they do another series, those irish guys were really good. Im usually a joe fan but i didnt like him this week.

+1 on the Irish guys. Rachel is amazing at the numbers. Makes any equation look simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

KKkitty wrote: »
    +1 on the Irish guys. Rachel is amazing at the numbers. Makes any equation look simple.

They give the answer, and the numbers to use to get the answer. It's not that hard, most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Addle wrote: »
    They give the answer, and the numbers to use to get the answer. It's not that hard, most of the time.

Maths wouldn't be my strong point at all so if I get it right I'm happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭brian_t

Addle wrote: »

The Target number in Countdown proper is completely random and bears no connection to the chosen numbers. If neither player can get a solution then the one nearest the Target number but still within 10 of it gets Half points.

On "8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown" the numbers round is completely dumbed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

I don't think the numbers rounds are changed in any way from 'original format' countdown.

are you implying that once the numbers are drawn someone rigs the random number generator to make it solveable

I think jon is just genuinely good at the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Typically I get a little over half of the numbers game answers. In this version of countdown, I usually get it before the clock starts. Extremely dumbed down.

Advertisement