Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonisphere UK Headliners Announced Tomorrow

• 19-02-2012 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

http://sonisphere.co.uk/

The countdown has begun on the site to announcements for headliners for Sonisphere UK - works out that at roughly 8/9pm tomorrow night we'll hear the announcement - and given that it's Feb 20th it had better be bloody massive to encourage those who have already purchased Download tickets (or tickets to other festivals) to still go to Soni

Biggest rumors at the moment are: Faith No More, Guns N' Roses and Queen with Adam Lambert

The following are also strongly rumored (let's see how many I get correct): Children of Bodom, Marilyn Manson, Skindred, Mastodon, Saxon, Skillrex, Sabaton, The Offspring, Soulfly, Wolfmother, Lacuna Coil, The Blackout, Mastodon, Korn, Evanescene and Coal Chamber

The headliners would make me go, and the Offspring possibly, but otherwise I'm a little disappointed in general so far....Download looks better IMO, but I am still very excited to see FNM, Guns N' Roses and hear some Queen blasted out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭breffni666

Could be Maiden. They finish the first leg in the US at the beginning of August and this would be perfect timing for them.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

breffni666 wrote: »
    Could be Maiden. They finish the first leg in the US at the beginning of August and this would be perfect timing for them.

Sonisphere is 6-8th of July and Maiden are in the US

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭missloulou

FNM are confirmed as headlining Sonisphere France on Saturday 7th July, so hopefully they can get somewhere in the UK or Dublin in there too.

Would love to see them again.

E-Festivals said on the soni forum that on their Sonisphere Rumours section is the line up announcement

A Day To Remember
    Children of Bodom
    Coal Chamber
    Enter Shikari
    Evanescene
    Faith No More
    GNR
    Korn
    Lacuna Coil
    Marilyn Manson
    Mastodon
    Pennywise
    Queen
    Sabaton
    Saxon
    Skindred
    Shrillex
    Soulfly
    The Blackout
    The Offspring
    Unearth
    Within Temptation
    Wolfmother
    Young Guns

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭breffni666

Sonisphere is 6-8th of July and Maiden are in the US

Thats a bit earlier than before. When I went in 2010 it was early August. Very close to Download only a month between them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

breffni666 wrote: »
    Thats a bit earlier than before. When I went in 2010 it was early August. Very close to Download only a month between them.

Last year they moved Sonisphere in Knebworth to July, same weekend as Oxegen.

Download certainly shaping up better than Sonisphere this year imo. Hope we get a Faith No More headline gig in these parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

The countdown has begun on the site to announcements for headliners for Sonisphere UK - works out that at roughly 8/9pm tomorrow night we'll hear the announcement - and given that it's Feb 20th it had better be bloody massive to encourage those who have already purchased Download tickets (or tickets to other festivals) to still go to Soni

Biggest rumors at the moment are: Faith No More, Guns N' Roses and Queen with Adam Lambert

The following are also strongly rumored (let's see how many I get correct): Children of Bodom, Marilyn Manson, Skindred, Mastodon, Saxon, Skillrex, Sabaton, The Offspring, Soulfly, Wolfmother, Lacuna Coil, The Blackout, Mastodon, Korn, Evanescene and Coal Chamber

The headliners would make me go, and the Offspring possibly, but otherwise I'm a little disappointed in general so far....Download looks better IMO, but I am still very excited to see FNM, Guns N' Roses and hear some Queen blasted out

The two bands that I would mainly love to see:p

Fairly good guess at bands though, all playing fests and aren't at Download. Will try see FNM this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,430 ✭✭✭weisses

E-Festivals said on the soni forum that on their Sonisphere Rumours section is the line up announcement

A Day To Remember
    Children of Bodom
    Coal Chamber
    Enter Shikari
    Evanescene
    Faith No More
    GNR
    Korn
    Lacuna Coil
    Marilyn Manson
    Mastodon
    Pennywise
    Queen
    Sabaton
    Saxon
    Skindred
    Shrillex
    Soulfly
    The Blackout
    The Offspring
    Unearth
    Within Temptation
    Wolfmother
    Young Guns

Decent Bands yes

Headliners ..... GTFO :o;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

to be honest if it does pan out as this I wouldn't have the least bit of interest in hitting it - I personally think those Headliners are very weak - FNM yes, but the other two aren't in this day and age Headliners - Queen have said it's just a tribute to Freddy, but if that's the case then at least get a proper frontman involved and I won't waste my time going over old ground on the the shambles that is Axl these days, recent live performances seem very sloppy too - I'm actually shocked that they are so strongly rumoured as Soni headliners, the last time they headlined a UK Fest was more than a little bit of a disaster.....would be surprised if this were any different....and although past glories would drag in some people that maybe wouldn't have gone before I'm sure plenty that have been at disasterous GNR shows in recent years will be put off by the whole thing...

Hopefully FNM will be added by MCD to one of the Phoenix Park gigs....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Just bought a day ticket for Download/Black Sabbath/Soundgarden, unless RATM are announced as a headliner for Sonisphere, I'm not going (based on that thing they had with Scuzz a while ago) and even then I'll just get a day ticket for them.

I like a lot of the bands listed by Furious-Red/Motley Crue but can see/have seen them all stand alone shows

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Should be a good rake of bands tomorrow hopefully seeing as they've left it so late and download have half the festival announced already.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

Think kiss are more likely, gnr are a bad choice for sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

if this is the line up this year, download will kill them with sales id say. and from now on all sonispheres line ups are going to be compared to 2011s epic line up and will always seem inferior (to me anyway). download shaping up to be much much better this year!

From Sonisphere Leaks Twitter , seems right bar Slash(cant see DL and Soni sharing him)
    AmDl6DjCAAAq0vF.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

From Sonisphere Leaks Twitter , seems right bar Slash(cant see DL and Soni sharing him)

Depends if he's signed an exclusivity contract with one or the other, if not then he's fair game.

scudzilla wrote: »
    Depends if he's signed an exclusivity contract with one or the other, if not then he's fair game.

Plus the poster Gojria should be GOJIRA

If that is the lineup, it would sell well. There be different ticket types apparently.

Big Queen Announcement On The Way...We are set to announce some incredible Queen news. If you are signed up to the QueenOnline.com or Queen Fan Club databases please keep an eye on your e-mail inbox from 8pm (GMT) THIS EVENING, Monday, February 20th for this very important and exciting announcement! You do not want to miss this at all!
    www.queenonline.com

Queen with Adam Lambert would hardly be big news would it ?
    would be great if they had a big name vocalist doing whatever shows they are doing.....8pm I'll check out the lineup - but it's still not floating my boat from the rumours......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Queen should give it up. Honestly. Freddie would turn in his grave.

• Advertisement

Course Queen would be big news. Hearing Queen songs belted out at the end of a festival day would be hard to beat.

Cypress Hill self confirmed
    Cypress Hill is confirmed for this year's Sonisphere Festival in Knebworth, UK on 7/8/12. Tickets on sale tomorrow: http://bit.ly/y4w4Pr

• Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Mushy wrote: »
    Course Queen would be big news. Hearing Queen songs belted out at the end of a festival day would be hard to beat.

It's Karaoke, pure and simple, Brian May is making a mockery out of the Queen Legacy.

IT ISN'T QUEEN

Cypress Hill self confirmed

noticed they'd been added as to be confirmed on Efestivals - Andrew WK newly added there too as a rumour......

scud - I agree with what you are saying, but at least they are only going out saying it's a tribute and aren't calling it Queen.....I still don't see it as a Headline act....

Apparently FNM, Queen and Kiss it is. Kiss as Euro exclusives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Mushy wrote: »
    Apparently FNM, Queen and Kiss it is. Kiss as Euro exclusives.

Ah crap, that wouldnt sell it to me,down to what the other bands are......

419758_242253792530053_100170336738400_552004_136533706_n.jpg

Queen , Kiss and FNM . Tim Minchin aswell?

Oh The Blackout have basically self confirmed

Sean Smith @SeanSmithSucks

8pm there's gonna be an announcement somewhere about something.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

419758_242253792530053_100170336738400_552004_136533706_n.jpg

Queen , Kiss and FNM . Tim Minchin aswell?

Oh The Blackout have basically self confirmed

Sean Smith @SeanSmithSucks

8pm there's gonna be an announcement somewhere about something.
    Sure is, countdown on the .co.uk site.

Edit: Also, the only real source for FNM confirmations is FNM.com or through the band themselves, likely through Roddy's and Billy's twitter accounts, that's how FNM where officially confirmed first of all in France.

portrait-800.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭hellyeah

^ if this is the case, im glad im booked for Donington.:D

Advertisement