Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

About last night...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

*Rape crime scene evidence*

mother-of-god-meme.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

see... i always knew xbox had the worst players ! Kells dominating :D

I KID !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

yimrsg wrote: »
    Yeah it happened, he threw a c4 on to A dom in underground for a multikill and then killed a sniper for the last kill. Lynx came up with a good private game, riot shield, javelin, c4 and smoke on dome.

Cossax wrote: »
    *Furious being a beast*

8E8XW.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

A clean muslim, a clean buddha and a dirty ginger walk into a bar and woah, can't tell that one :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

A clean muslim, a clean buddha and a dirty ginger walk into a bar and woah, can't tell that one :pac:

Is that the one where they get spanked!?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭locustfurnace

Drinking and MW3 don't seem to gel together :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

had a few games last night, and i asked the party for a silenced weapon loadout suggestion.
    quick re-config and we get
    24-5
    21-7
    13-6
    (silenced mp7 with range ftw)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

MiCr0 wrote: »
    had a few games last night, and i asked the party for a silenced weapon loadout suggestion.
    quick re-config and we get
    24-5
    21-7
    13-6
    (silenced mp7 with range ftw)

That's my go to set up. Last game Sunday night, sniping in Village, tired & started off horrible 1-3. Switch to MP7 ended up 21-4. It's kinda like cheating :)
    Always do that when sniping or running a shotgun, if things aren't going well.

God dang headphones are kaputt!! Felt like such an outsider playing the other night :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Spent pretty all of last nights games swearing constantly about the connection. Figured out today why as it was the vodafone router assigning other internet devices the same IP address as the xbox causing me to lag uncontrollably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Spent pretty all of last nights games swearing constantly about the connection. Figured out today why as it was the vodafone router assigning other internet devices the same IP address as the xbox causing me to lag uncontrollably.

I thought something was up today, I was the only one in the lobby with 3 bars :mad: I'm with VF aswell, any help would be appriciated! I've no idea about IP, routers etc.

IPAM wrote: »
    I thought something was up today, I was the only one in the lobby with 3 bars :mad: I'm with VF aswell, any help would be appriciated! I've no idea about IP, routers etc.

I tried setting up xbox live as an allowed application through this link:
    http://192.168.1.1/en_US/basic/config_appli.htm
    Just pick it from the drop down menu.
    193655.jpg
    password and log in is vodafone

You then set up the matching IP address on the xbox and hope that the crappy vodafone router doesn't assign it to another device, which mine has a tendency to do. Doing all that doesn't give me more than a 3 bar at best but it might be worth a shot for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Couple of good boosting games there lads! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Fuck you :P

Boosting?? Tut tut tut ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,974 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Received a message last night from a bloke on the other team...

"8th prestige and you're still using the Type 95 - your (sic) sh*t"

Frankly, I wasn't aware that as you prestige and progress, certain guns are morally removed from your remit and you must use ever decreasing powered weapons. In that case, I reckon level 15 should merely entail elastic bands and secondary weapons of spitting bits of chewed up paper through a pen!

*By the by... I rarely rarely use it (think I used it for one full prestige and have it on one out of 8 classes)...

everlast75 wrote: »

Frankly, I wasn't aware that as you prestige and progress, certain guns are morally removed from your remit and you must use ever decreasing powered weapons. In that case, I reckon level 15 should merely entail elastic bands and secondary weapons of spitting bits of chewed up paper through a pen!

Ha, did anyone else here ever make those 'guns' when you were younger? It was a plank of wood, about a foot long with a clothes peg firmly tied at one end.

Your 'ammo' was an elastic band and the metal spring taken from other clothes pegs.

Catch the elastic on a sprig at one end of plank, metal spring is held in the clothes peg at other end and bam! Homemade eye taker :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

You then set up the matching IP address on the xbox and hope that the crappy vodafone router doesn't assign it to another device, which mine has a tendency to do. Doing all that doesn't give me more than a 3 bar at best but it might be worth a shot for you.

dont know much about the vodafone rounters but can you not define a scope of IP addresses that are assigned by the router then give the xbox a static IP outside that range so that the DHCP server function on the router doesnt assign it out to any other device? I know for example on my old errorcom one i only allowed the DHCP to assign up to 5 addresses at one time, then put the xbox on a static outside that range so it always had the same address

or does the router allow for MAC filtering so it always assignes the same IP address to the same Network MAC address ie the xboxs network card? I know some routers wont fo MAC filtering but its worth a shot if it can to stop it happening again.

Catch the elastic on a sprig at one end of plank, metal spring is held in the clothes peg at other end and bam! Homemade eye taker :D

made many and had my father break them on me which meant i just went and made more :D teh mother hated them too coz all her cloths pegs went missing

• Advertisement

Faolchu wrote: »

made many and had my father break them on me which meant i just went and made more :D teh mother hated them too coz all her cloths pegs went missing

Myself and another fella actually dipped into the pockets and made a"sound" investment in clothes pegs.

Thems were the days ;)

Myself and another fella actually dipped into the pockets and made a"sound" investment in clothes pegs.

Thems were the days ;)

unfortunatly i wore hand me downs and never got any pocket money so i didnt have your lavish excesses

• Registered Users Posts: 18,974 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

unfortunatly i wore hand me downs and never got any pocket money so i didnt have your lavish excesses

dont know much about the vodafone rounters but can you not define a scope of IP addresses that are assigned by the router then give the xbox a static IP outside that range so that the DHCP server function on the router doesnt assign it out to any other device? I know for example on my old errorcom one i only allowed the DHCP to assign up to 5 addresses at one time, then put the xbox on a static outside that range so it always had the same address

or does the router allow for MAC filtering so it always assignes the same IP address to the same Network MAC address ie the xboxs network card? I know some routers wont fo MAC filtering but its worth a shot if it can to stop it happening again.

My vodafone router is on a 22/23 hour cycle where it'll disconnect from the internet for 5 minutes and leave me stranded in limbo from xbox live. Some weeks, I won't notice the constant resets, others it's all up in my grill. Sometimes I've to sign out and check the xbox live connection which takes another 5 minutes. It's one the joys of vodafone.

I have it set up that only whitelisted mac addresses are allowed to join via wifi but what I might do as a trial run is disable the wifi when I'm on xbox live and see if I get a consistent connection with only the xbox connected via ethernet cable. At least I'll be sure that no other device is on the same IP address.

you may be able to set it up so that it always assigns the same IP to the same mac address, i know the netopia routers could do this for errorcom.

but like i said have a look at the DHCP settings on the router, it normaly specifies a range of IP addresses it assigns from, in your case it will be from 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.254) change this range to say 192.168.1.20 to 192.168.1.30 that means the DHCP Will only give out 10 addresses, then in your network settings for the xbox change it from dynamic IP to static and assign it any address other than those in the scope you just set up and also dont includse 192.168.1.1, make sure the gateway address you assign is the address of your router (192.168.1.1 in your case)

i find its strange that the router also disconnects form the internet have you got it set up like this or is this SOP for vodafone routers?

whitlisting teh MACs on wifi is a good precaution to take, that or not broadcasting the SSID

Another tip I found useful for improving wireless quality is to check that your network isn't using the same channel as another network nearby like a neighbour.

Ours was sharing a channel with next door so I switched it and my speeds doubled straight away

fair point x i know some dell laptops have an option to dispay the availible networks and teh channel used, so i usually pick an unused one. mosy wifi routers use auto assign for the channel and tend to assign to channel 1, 5 and 7 i found.

you may be able to set it up so that it always assigns the same IP to the same mac address, i know the netopia routers could do this for errorcom.

but like i said have a look at the DHCP settings on the router, it normaly specifies a range of IP addresses it assigns from, in your case it will be from 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.254) change this range to say 192.168.1.20 to 192.168.1.30 that means the DHCP Will only give out 10 addresses, then in your network settings for the xbox change it from dynamic IP to static and assign it any address other than those in the scope you just set up and also dont includse 192.168.1.1, make sure the gateway address you assign is the address of your router (192.168.1.1 in your case)

i find its strange that the router also disconnects form the internet have you got it set up like this or is this SOP for vodafone routers?

whitlisting teh MACs on wifi is a good precaution to take, that or not broadcasting the SSID

I'll have a play around with it later on if it's still pissing me off. I'd go into a a lobby and notice that everyone else has 4 bars and I'd be the only one on 3, other times my connection would go and then everyone else in the party gets booted from the game too which makes you feel great disconnecting your party. I've only noticed that happening playing MW3 so Black Ops must not drop parties if one member loses xbox live connection.

No idea if the resets are SOP, think I remember reading on the vodafone forum there was an update for the router so downloading that might stop them. Really appreciate the help though.

@ X the 360 is the only device using a cable. You've got to have your priorities.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

everlast75 wrote: »

*By the by... I rarely rarely use it (think I used it for one full prestige and have it on one out of 8 classes)...

whats his gamer tag?
    lets have a look @ his stats in elite

• Advertisement

Thems were the days ;)

11 sisters and 2 brothers, and I'm the youngest.

What are these lavish expenses you speak of?

I was sharing a room till I left that house :/

Advertisement