Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    I dunno how I'm gonna watch X Factor this year since I'll be starting college and moving away to student accommodation which will probably have no TV. :(

FML I just realised this now. *Decides not to accept a CAO place :pac:*

:eek: Why wouldn't it?! Most do ;) And you can always stream, or go home at the weekends. Worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

:eek: Why wouldn't it?! Most do ;) And you can always stream, or go home at the weekends. Worth it.

It better or I'll be incredibly upset. Like forever upset. Also I'm totes not going home. <_>

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Ye think it will get as much interest this year?? I can't see it working as well without Simon, Cheryl esp.
    Plus last 2 winners haven't done a whole lot either. Reckon viewers will be way down and might be last UK X Factor.

I've watched it last few years but can't be bothered this time around. Maybe it's just me, but I doubt it!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,739 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Stevecw wrote: »
    Ye think it will get as much interest this year?? I can't see it working as well without Simon, Cheryl esp.
    Plus last 2 winners haven't done a whole lot either. Reckon viewers will be way down and might be last UK X Factor.

I've watched it last few years but can't be bothered this time around. Maybe it's just me, but I doubt it!

True, but let's look at who the most popular (and by popular I mean generated the most publicity and paper space) contestants of the last 2 years were.

2010 - Wagner, Cher, Katie
    2009 - Jedward

Plenty of fun and madness will be found away from the judges table. Also I reckon the girls are going to invent a whole new world of crazy with their outfits.

Judge-wise, yeah, it's going to be pretty weak.
    Baaaaaahlow is going to be about as charismatic and interesting as a slightly chewed toothpick,
    Kelly Rowland will be obscenely dull.
    Tulisa will probably switch between being Cheryl and Danni every week, depending on what the public think of her at any given time.

Louis will be the usual...A male, grey, Irish Sharon Osbourne. :pac:

Frankly, I think they should get rid of the judges altogether (except Lou Lou) and have Morgan Freeman reading out the comments on this thread as they come. Louis will then sit behind him grinning excitedly and doing his weird seal clap.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I think we should give the judges a chance, we don't know what they're going to be like after all. I'm reserving judgment anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing what they're like. I couldn't care less about Cheryl or Simon, Dannii's the one I'll miss. At least we still have Lulu!

It'll be interesting to see what category Louis gets. He usually gets the crappest one and I can't see that changing since they'll want to go easy on the new judges! I like when he has the crappest category though because he always turns in around and has some of the most memorable and entertaining acts every year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I agree Ibarelycare. I'll miss Dannii. I really liked her last series, she was the only judge who didn't suck up to the acts, she was honest about Cher being shít and spoke the most sense.

I love Louis though, he is just very entertaining if nothing else!

Not sure about the judging line up, can't see there being much chemistry between them. But still, we'll have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,801 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Stevecw wrote: »

I hope it does loads better in the ratings without them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Im already sick of hearing about this pogramme and it hasnt even started yet!! :(

Dovies wrote: »
    Im already sick of hearing about this pogramme and it hasnt even started yet!! :(

Well you've come to the right place.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,801 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm kinda excited for the show myself (how sad am I :p) and of course all the brillant posts in this thread

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Dovies wrote: »

Ha pogramme.

why did you come to the xfactor thread to complain about xfactor?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Fago! wrote: »
    Ha pogramme.

why did you come to the xfactor thread to complain about xfactor?

Doesnt say its an Xfactor appreciation thread! :D

Ah lads, I've been flipping through last year's thread all morning.

Good times, happy memories, lots of Wagner touching :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Ah lads, I've been flipping through last year's thread all morning.

Good God, someone's obsessed!

Good God, someone's obsessed!

Well, not the WHOLE thread. :P

I was looking at the week when Wagner did Elvis and Matt did the First Time Ever I Saw Your Face that turned nearly every girl (and a few of the guys) on the thread into a puddle. :o

Heh, when Katie beat Aiden in the deadlock it was about 3 pages of "WTF?!!!!" "FIX!!!!" "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" "**** OFF!!".....

Good times. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

This is just rumours I've heard about people who've been put through the judge's houses..
    They put another boyband together supposedly. And they have decided to cal themselves "One Step". LMAO. Original :rolleyes: (One Step is trending in the UK).

Just thinking about it, we have 3 judges who are connected to some of the most famous groups of the last 20 years. I wonder would the producers come up with the "big shock" and give the groups category to Tulisa instead. :\

Eeeeeeeep! Just one more sleep! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Matt did the First Time Ever I Saw Your Face that turned nearly every girl (and a few of the guys) on the thread into a puddle. :o

Wagner had the same effect on me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

i miss simon :( but i'll battle on. bring on x-factor 2011 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    i miss simon :(
    Me too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I'm more excited about the commentary on this thread than the show itself tbh. Gary Barlow seems like he's going to be really dry as a judge, I've been seeing comments from him all week about how he's not going to put through 'novelty' acts (i.e. the best kind)...at least we still have Louis though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

YAy another x Factor and another thread!

I'm out tonight so unfortunately I'm going to miss the first night of the thread :(

I'm actually looking forward to seeing how the new judges get on. Can't wait to see Lulu again! I like Gary Barlow. I think he'll be honest. Tulisa is replacing Cheryl and I am so happy about that because Cheryl drove me mad. I'm so glad she's gone. I loved Danni too, so hopefully Kelly will be a good replacement.

Enjoy the first show guys. I'll catch up with it tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Going to a going away party tonight so I'll miss this thread tonight, but I will be on tomorrow to give you all my views :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

this shall be good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Damn my family. They're watching some gay as film tonight so I can't watch XFactor! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Was trying to decide whether to ignore this thread for the year to make my post count appear less sad, or to join in the fun.

Why hello there everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

it wont be the same without cowell ,barlow is a boring oul git

I'm buzzing for this.. I've got a pizza ready to put on and Ben and Jerry's ice cream.. I'm so sad

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Ready for it lads, but not buzzin. Really dont expect it to be much this year, all the focus is on America :/

Also I hope One Direction are a guest performer some week, theyre song is amazing :)

• Advertisement

deise_girl wrote: »
    Ready for it lads, but not buzzin. Really dont expect it to be much this year, all the focus is on America :/

Also I hope One Direction are a guest performer some week, theyre song is amazing :)

Shup deiseeeeee :/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement